• Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
    Interesting.

At what age can one play the age card?

I'm increasingly concerned about the pedestrian and inclement conditions.
    Let's just say I have deferred my state pension (HMG's name for it) for several years, as also have I deferred a small but potentially useful employee pension. In practice I will walk to the polling station. It's a pleasant walk up and over a wooded hill then on through quiet roads and footpaths. Far preferable to being driven or driving there. However, I have yet to discover who the candidates are, or even whether or not it will be contested.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      In my extracurricular motor racing activities, I have several times mystified the team by getting the weather forecast bang on, whilst they (relying on UK weather sites) were way off
      How's the racing coming along?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        On track??

I see a severe storm has brought down one of the minarets at the famous Taj Mahal. Some wit has named the storm "The Turbanator".
        Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 13-04-18, 15:03.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Let's just say I have deferred my state pension (HMG's name for it) for several years, as also have I deferred a small but potentially useful employee pension. In practice I will walk to the polling station. It's a pleasant walk up and over a wooded hill then on through quiet roads and footpaths. Far preferable to being driven or driving there. However, I have yet to discover who the candidates are, or even whether or not it will be contested.
          I would never have deferred pensions on the grounds that the proverbial bus could hit me before I had the benefit of the money!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Is Cali a serious threat to Lewis Hamilton?

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Is Cali a serious threat to Lewis Hamilton?
              See post 1194!
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

See post 1194!
                Meteorology not motorology!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Meteorology not motorology!
                  Veering rather than steering!

Comment

• Joseph K
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2017

Today I woke up at 7 spontaneously and I didn't have to force myself out of bed unusually... it might have something to do with this being the first so-far sunny day we've had in over a week.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Blue sky and the sun! Lovely!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

Blue sky and the sun! Lovely!
                        Lucky you.
                        No sun here yet, but at least bright enough for some shadows to be visible, perhaps for the first time in over a week.
                        And our new magnolia (possibly a bad choice of plant for our windy garden) certainly got blasted by the beast from the east, and many of the leaves are brown.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Making the most of today's glorious weather I took to the bike my now regular haunt, the pathway from Bell Green north to Ladywell Park; and, guess what, I had a nasty collision with a dog! - a cocker spaniel, the most impulsive breed, which instead of chasing after the ball veered to its right without notice, and with pinpoint timing ran right in front of me, landing me face down on the gravel. People really seem to come up with the best of themselves in these circumstances, I find: unwarranted apologies from the dog owner - it wasn't his (or anybody's) fault; donation of tissues to wipe the blood pouring from my nose, left knee and palm of my right hand; offer to call for an ambulance. Either I must be made of strong stuff, or I choose to follow the advice I was given by my pa in similar circumstances as a child, namely to get on immediately with whatever I had been doing prior to the accident, as this, I was told, would pre-empt shock or PTS; because to all intents and purposes it's worked, with no nauseous aftermath, diizziness or drying up of the saliva glands; just stares from passers by who probably thought I'd been beaten up on the return journey, and a very sore right hand. I just thanked everyone profusely, wished them all a great day, and resumed my ride.

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Many thanks to whoever found some money to put in the meter so the light can be turned on! I haven't seen blue sky, let alone sun, for about a week now, but today I went into rehearsal at 10am in the usual greyness, came out at 4pm and had to wait a while for my eyes to get over the shock of all that brightness, and the air was warm, double bonus.
                            Sadly plans to make the most of it in the garden were foiled by the 'difficult' neighbours once again deciding this was a good time to burn the contents of their wheelie bin - aerosols and all. At least the front of my house faces west so I can admire the sun, between the houses opposite, from my living room....

Comment

• greenilex
                              • Nov 2010

Hope you are looking after that hand, SA?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
                                Hope you are looking after that hand, SA?
                                It's quite sore, greenilex, thanks, with lots of asphalt fragments embedded just under the skin's surface - too painful to dig them out, vigorously wringing out the laundry before putting on the line didn't do it either, so now they'll just have to shed themselves. I probably should have gone down to Kings A&I and had a tetanus jab, but knowing how long I'd have to wait around without having eaten my lunch I thought I'd chance it, which luckily has paid off. In future I'll know to get off and walk whenver there are any dogs around, which there always are, the Ravensbourne Riverside Walk being a haven for them!

Another quite warm day - warmer than forecast - though with a lot of middle layer cloud and the odd spits and spots of rain. That could well be our lot here in the SE for the next week - I doubt if most places will get any rain, the exceptions being W Wales, Scotland and maybe the far SW. Peak time right now for the local blossom displays, which this area proudly boasts, and with the lower vegetation showing profusive fresh growth even the larger trees around here are coming into leaf, preparing for what I think of as the most beautiful part of the year. Time for the lawn to have its first haircut of 2018!

Comment

Working...
                                X