Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Drab, no breeze, sunless and cold here, 7C.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Drab, no breeze, sunless and cold here, 7C.
      Are you busy trying to keep tourists out again Cloughie?

At least it isn’t as cold here now. Sort of normal for January. The kind of day that makes you glad to be at the footy, even if the game is rather mediocre.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Not a very interesting day today.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
          Not a very interesting day today.
          Drizzly at times - which is a nuisance as I have washing on the line - but at least it's a tad milder than of late: 8C as I write. Should stay at about the present levels for the next week. Otherwise, nothing of any great interest, other than a bit of a blow for Scotland and the N on Tuesday.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Drizzly at times - which is a nuisance as I have washing on the line - but at least it's a tad milder than of late: 8C as I write. Should stay at about the present levels for the next week. Otherwise, nothing of any great interest, other than a bit of a blow for Scotland and the N on Tuesday.
            Wasn't too bad today especially once the cloud broke up to let a bit more light and occasional sun through. The breeze was sneaky and chilly though when I was pottering in the garden, finding gaps around the neck despite a scarf and zipped up jacket; on the plus side, it did a good job of drying things up as there wasn't any wet. Tomorrow is set to be rather windy, possibly too much so to put washing out, but if it's sunny as forecast it could be a pleasant day to be out nevertheless. With all the wild weather so far and the leaves off the trees there's little debris to fly around and smack the face.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Same a yesterday with a hint of drizzle.
              We got some early garden work done which is a bonus at this time of year.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Set to be sunny and dry all day. The worst of the wind seems to have passed by through the night(wish I could say the same...) but the remaining NW breeze is on the brisk side so outdoor clothing will need to take that into account for my trip into town.
                Might do a little bit of fiddling around in the garden later to take advantage of the drying conditions. Yesterday I sorted through a pile of semi-rotted slabs of turf, taking out the still growing bits. The remaining mats of root have too much soil on to go directly into the compost so leaving it turned up to the wind(and the blackbirds) to dry off will help to deal with that. It's a nice mindless and satisfying use of a few minutes to shake the bits around and gradually remove the "clean" bits.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

A lovely but cold day today. Around 8C. Went out t the Vampire Clinic, this morning, for a regular visit.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Having reached a pleasant enough 9C this afternoon has allowed for a very enjoyable circular ride along the "Sydenham Ridge", then down the 1 in 8 past the gardens opposite the Horniman to the S Circular, and along that past Dulwich College to the turn off left that cuts through to W Dulwich for a few food and vaping provisions - excellent chance timing, the mini Tesco was nearly empty - and thence home via Alleyne Road - the main Croxted Road is just too narrow and constantly busy to cycle in either direction. That's about 7 miles in all. For all the additional eating since temperatures dropped in November, regular cycling is certainly helping keep my weight down this winter, so far!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Having reached a pleasant enough 9C this afternoon has allowed for a very enjoyable circular ride along the "Sydenham Ridge", then down the 1 in 8 past the gardens opposite the Horniman to the S Circular, and along that past Dulwich College to the turn off left that cuts through to W Dulwich for a few food and vaping provisions - excellent chance timing, the mini Tesco was nearly empty - and thence home via Alleyne Road - the main Croxted Road is just too narrow and constantly busy to cycle in either direction. That's about 7 miles in all. For all the additional eating since temperatures dropped in November, regular cycling is certainly helping keep my weight down this winter, so far!
                      That sounds like a nice spin round, S-A.
                      Did you pass the former retirement residence of Samuel Pickwick ?

I don’t think I have ever been to Dulwich. It has a very good bookshop apparently. I don’t think I have been to Sydenham either, though of course the Super Saints once had the almost legendary John Sydenham on the wing.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

An ordinary day today. Although, I think showers are forecast. We wait and see.
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gradus
                          • Nov 2010

Blue skies and sunny at present though with a sharpish wind. A good day for sitting in the greenhouse and soaking up some Winter sun

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Nostalgia corner: We lived a bit further out in Coulsdon but my parents grew up thereabouts. My mother went to Sydenham High and I remember her taking us to Horniman's Museum as children, as she had been taken by her parents. We duly took our children there and nearby Crystal Palace Park with its dinosaurs. She told us about Queen Mary coming to see the rhododendrons in Dulwich Park. Before my father died well into his 90s we took him for a drive round there, including the Art Gallery and the chapel where he had been confirmed while attending Dulwich College. He showed us the house in Princethorpe Rd where had grown up.

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Icy NW wind - and building - but as yet, DRY. Hurray!
                              Sea birds in, pecking about and harrassing the resident corvid, so scheduled cheery [huh!}stuff from Iceland etc on its way.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                                Nostalgia corner: We lived a bit further out in Coulsdon but my parents grew up thereabouts. My mother went to Sydenham High and I remember her taking us to Horniman's Museum as children, as she had been taken by her parents. We duly took our children there and nearby Crystal Palace Park with its dinosaurs. She told us about Queen Mary coming to see the rhododendrons in Dulwich Park. Before my father died well into his 90s we took him for a drive round there, including the Art Gallery and the chapel where he had been confirmed while attending Dulwich College. He showed us the house in Princethorpe Rd where had grown up.
                                I know it - it runs north midway off the high street. Lots of street names ending -thorpe in that pattern of streets. Must check the etymology sometime.

Nondescript weather here today - just off for an anti-shingles jab at the local surgery. Sandy beaches not on offer, however!

Comment

Working...
                                X