X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    We too had our first sufficiently significant rain to produce puddles for well over a month. It was at around midnight - hearing the sound of it I popped outside to remind myself of the experience! I now notice it was from a very localised shower over London, and wouldn't have thought it produced more than a couple of millimetres of rainfall. I think we'll be talking hosepipe bans for the entire SE within the next week.
    Shame about that...

...the concept of talking hosepipes is quite intriguing

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

We too had our first sufficiently significant rain to produce puddles for well over a month. It was at around midnight - hearing the sound of it I popped outside to remind myself of the experience! I now notice it was from a very localised shower over London, and wouldn't have thought it produced more than a couple of millimetres of rainfall. I think we'll be talking hosepipe bans for the entire SE within the next week.
      Wish we had enough rain to produce puddles for well over a month... The overnight rain we had a couple of days ago didn't all get sucked up and swept away the same day as has happened to previous frustratingly brief rain appearances over the past couple of months ( or more come to think of it), as the following day was coolish and with only the lightest of breezes. Apart from the air being cleaner there is now no sign it ever happened though.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I think not a bad day today, so I’ll be going out in my motobility scooter, for a saunter.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

A disturbing visual confirmation of what is happening in my neck of the woods. Speaking of which, the bit of green at the centre of the second image is Thetford Forest, which a great many members of the public do their best each year to damage in various ways. To say it is currently very vulnerable is a bit of an understatement I suspect.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
            • Nov 2010

We seem to be in for another dry day - I wish we weren't - so having got out of the way a third interview for a job I didn't even really intend to apply for but would now rather like, I'll be putting in some pedal time, maybe even up to Stonehenge and back. Also on the list is finishing the new window frames for the garage-to-potting shed conversion.

Comment

• Joseph K
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

I like these mild/relatively cool summer days.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

27C today! Here it comes, again!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                  27C today! Here it comes, again!
                  Not up here it doesn't! Feeling cool at around 19 degrees at the moment with a weak sun struggling to get through the cloud. High of 23 degrees forecast for the day which is about average for the time of year. Rain promised for tomorrow and Sunday.
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Not up here it doesn't! Feeling cool at around 19 degrees at the moment with a weak sun struggling to get through the cloud. High of 23 degrees forecast for the day which is about average for the time of year. Rain promised for tomorrow and Sunday.
                    Ah, but all that interests weather forecasters and the London-based media is the weather in the South East - we Northeners know that!

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                      Ah, but all that interests weather forecasters and the London-based media is the weather in the South East - we Northeners know that!
                      It's worse in the Midlands because forecasters often say something like 'dry in the South but wet in the North' so you just prepare for both if you live in the centre of the country.

Much improved over the morning and now feels quite warm though the sun is still proving to be elusive.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                        • Jan 2011

It's worse in the Midlands because forecasters often say something like 'dry in the South but wet in the North' so you just prepare for both if you live in the centre of the country.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Make the most of the special attention for the next 11 days then.

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Make the most of the special attention for the next 11 days then.
                            Looks truly awful here next week.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Going to be a hotty, here, today.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Rained on and off up here for 24 hrs! And now..............

Comment

Working...
                                X