Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

A beautiful pre Autumn day here - a walk at Mousehole - Mounts Bay looking beautiful with blue sky and sun !

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      The rain-bearing fronts are slowly passing east through here as I write - temperature now 18 C; it managed 21 C at noon and some warm hazy sunshine, but high humidity prevented my laundry from drying on the line, and was still almost wringing wet when I brought it in an hour ago.

The Inner temple lies between the Victoria Embankment and where the Strand re-joins the Aldwych "crescent", which is at the point it becomes two-way and changes name to Fleet Street, right by the law courts. Temple tube station on the District/Circle is but a stone's throw away.
      Ah, yes. My son was called to the bar at Temple Church. Around five years ago now!

Doesn’t look like a great day today.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Looking good again here today!

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Big dew, but cloudless, and chilly as yet.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Useful rain arrived yesterday afternoon, gentle and persistent, and after I had finished gardening (lovely warm sunny morning) and it seems to have continued a bit during the night. This morning is grey, murky and damp, and likely to remain so according to the forecast. Some parts of the county had storms which caused localised flooding, glad to have missed that.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Hmm....quiet scorcher here!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                Hmm....quiet scorcher here!
                Turned out rather good, in the end, yesterday. Today, we have the first fog! 21/09/2021!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                  Turned out rather good, in the end, yesterday. Today, we have the first fog! 21/09/2021!
                  You were lucky then, BBM! Here it was dull and grey right through to sunset, by which time it was too late!

Today - gorgeous warm sunshine - hopefully lasting for tomorrow as well, due as I am to take what will probably be my last long cycle ride of 2021; today has to be shopping, but with enough time for a bit of sunbathing for that free Vitamin D, while it, too, lasts!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    You were lucky then, BBM! Here it was dull and grey right through to sunset, by which time it was too late!

Today - gorgeous warm sunshine - hopefully lasting for tomorrow as well, due as I am to take what will probably be my last long cycle ride of 2021; today has to be shopping, but with enough time for a bit of sunbathing for that free Vitamin D, while it, too, lasts!
                    Same here. Hope to go out later. Need my glasses tightened and batteries in my watch.
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                      • Jan 2011

Fantastic "shepherd's delight" sunset in N Yorks yesterday!

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Fourth bright sunny day here - I’ll take this start to Autumn!

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Fourth bright sunny day here - I’ll take this start to Autumn!
                          Same here. Cloudless sky, very sunny again. The only downside is that at this time of year the garden sees the sunshine for only a small portion of the afternoon and is almost gone by 4pm. The upside is that the sun streams through my listening room window for most of the day and, as long as I can keep books and CDs covered, warms the room up without any need for putting the heating on, even late at night.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

And a Very Happy Autumn Solstice to all our seasoned contributers!

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Beautiful September day here, but so sad to see the self-harm scars and resultant haze in the sky at 7am from air traffic which suddenly seems to have gone back to pre-covid levels.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                                Beautiful September day here, but so sad to see the self-harm scars and resultant haze in the sky at 7am from air traffic which suddenly seems to have gone back to pre-covid levels.
                                Haven’t heard much in the way of aircraft traffic down here, as we on flight path from Gatwick.

Looks like a good day, down here.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X