X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Gloomy all day here: solar battery already down to its base 10% level, but at least that means that we will have used anything and everything that we produced today.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Dry here a.m.
      until 3.00p.m.-ish, then billows of rain driven by NWesterlies, fairly but not cripplingly cold.
      Some sun, sunset lurching between brilliant, dazzling white/gold and louring purple grey!!
      Looks maybe to be clearing a bit....
      ...................well, maybe.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
        Gloomy all day here: solar battery already down to its base 10% level, but at least that means that we will have used anything and everything that we produced today.
        I can’t work out if that is good or bad news

The rain held off here, but finally arrived, and its coldwetnmiserable. Wood burner getting first outing of the season.
        Quite a good night to have running group cancelled .
        Looks better for tomorrow and Weds, so will have to have a jog tomorrow morning before work. Long sleeve top needed though.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

The expected rain didn't happen - I think the gap effect was responsible at least in part - and I was able to get some useful drying of two loads of washing today. the sun did show itself briefly in the afternoon. It's due to start raining any time now but so far the clouds are quite high so it may come later.

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            I can’t work out if that is good or bad news
            We can't, either, especially as we're still in the process of registering for the 'Smart Energy Guarantee', to get paid for what we export.
            Last edited by Pulcinella; 13-10-20, 09:01. Reason: Better English (as a reply to ts' comment).

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Here’s hoping for a good day today!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                Here’s hoping for a good day today!
                Grey with lots of clag and spotty rain when I went out for my RT just before noon, with more on the cards for later on. Ah, I can hear the rain in the trees now, which means it has become moderate. With little chance of sun and the wind in the NNW I don't see it getting much above 10 C today.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Mixed day here - about an hour ago a very heavy hail shower! Now 1345 and bright sunshine!
                  Last edited by cloughie; 13-10-20, 13:40.

Comment

• Joseph K
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2017

Lovely here, sunny. Removed my jacket towards the end of the walk.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Blimey...lucky you!
                      Up here, in between spasm of sun, the NE wind is vicious, and has fleets of rain on it every few minutes.
                      Just watched local schoolkids flocking out - as usual none with coats - huddling and very noisily surprised at the sheer iciness of it.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

Sunny and chilly with little wind. V pleasant for a friendly ad hoc tennis session this morning. Me and three ladies - a good arrangement as far as I'm concerned. Also good for some light shed demolition this afternoon. Booked in for Council tip tomorrow.

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                          Lovely here, sunny. Removed my jacket towards the end of the walk.
                          Even better today, warmer.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                            Sunny and chilly with little wind. V pleasant for a friendly ad hoc tennis session this morning. Me and three ladies - a good arrangement as far as I'm concerned. Also good for some light shed demolition this afternoon. Booked in for Council tip tomorrow.
                            Indeed - you could have invited Debussy along to set it to music for a ballet!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                              Even better today, warmer.
                              Woops! - here too, until just now the sky suddenly blackened, and it belted down for five minutes, lowering the temperature from 13 C to 8 C in the same time duration! I shall have to get out quick and do some vital shopping before the next lot comes along: heavy rain when cycling is not fun at all.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Wonderful autumn walk - woods, decay, lake, sun. warmth, fresh grass, fresh mud, wrens in bushes, mallards cavorting, kids from local school jostling past on a spirited x-country dash.

Comment

Working...
                                X