X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Ahem - the central heating came ON yesterday evening of its own accord - thermostat set at 55F!!!!
    Noticeable drop in temps through the day. Tonight deffo cold.
    Last edited by DracoM; 23-07-20, 22:19.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Looks like a good day today. After the rain we had!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
        Looks like a good day today. After the rain we had!
        No rain in London at all from that cold front - it sneaked through on the quiet during the night. Following DracoM's report above, I can't help wishing temperatures had fallen off last night, as it has turned stifling today, despite there being a noticeable breeze; and the temperature fell no lower than 17 C last night: it is headed for 25 C again this afternoon.

One thing at least, everyone around here - bar one person in St Sprees early this morning - is wearing face masks in the shops, and there seems to be an air of calm acceptance about it all. I even noticed a Big Issue seller just now - sadly I didn't buy a copy as I am now paying almost exclusively by card, because in any case the lady salesperson wasn't possessed of one of those card registerers some street vendors now have. No nasturtiums on her but TBF I would probably be suspicious of the thing if she had.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          No rain in London at all from that cold front - it sneaked through on the quiet during the night. Following DracoM's report above, I can't help wishing temperatures had fallen off last night, as it has turned stifling today, despite there being a noticeable breeze; and the temperature fell no lower than 17 C last night: it is headed for 25 C again this afternoon.

One thing at least, everyone around here - bar one person in St Sprees early this morning - is wearing face masks in the shops, and there seems to be an air of calm acceptance about it all. I even noticed a Big Issue seller just now - sadly I didn't buy a copy as I am now paying almost exclusively by card, because in any case the lady salesperson wasn't possessed of one of those card registerers some street vendors now have. No nasturtiums on her but TBF I would probably be suspicious of the thing if she had.
          Showers off and on today, down here SA. Being in between The North and South Downs, seems to have a weather system of its own, I think?
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Forecast thunderstoms here in the next couple of hours!

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

'Here' being?

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Forecast thunderstoms here in the next couple of hours!
                Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                'Here' being?
                Not so fast, Draco!
                At least we can see from cloughie's posts that he has a location listed in his Profile: west cornwall.
                Despite suggestions that you might consider following suit and adding yours, it's only those of us who follow your regular postings that know you're 'oop north!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Proper holiday changeover day weather. Not the best for putting up or taking down a tent.
                  Constant drizzle all afternoon, but brightening up now.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    Not so fast, Draco!
                    At least we can see from cloughie's posts that he has a location listed in his Profile: west cornwall.
                    Despite suggestions that you might consider following suit and adding yours, it's only those of us who follow your regular postings that know you're 'oop north!
                    I stand rebuked and crushed.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      ... but brightening up now.
                      Here too. Used the break for a pleasant half-hour bike ride. Dark clouds now back on the horizon.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

From reports part of S Devon experienced a tremendous storm around lunchtime. At the moment the main band of thundery weather is in a line stretching ENE through central Wales to NE of Brum; it keeps on re-propagating at the back end, almost like a queue in which people at the front leave, to be replaced by others. A bit like outside Sainsbury's yesterday! Here it's been a continuous mixture of either drizzle or moderate rain thus far, and with the wind now dropped out almost completely it is hard to work out where the main zones of precipitation will be heading, in what is a very complex picture.

Tomorrow looks likely to be windier, and with the "parent" low moving across the North giving further substantial rain there. Everywhere is due another very wet day on Monday, going over to Tuesday in the NE, after which it's expected to dry up, and warm up once more on Friday.

Aha! - I'm now looking at a clearance to our north-west. Will it blow through - with showers and maybe separate thunderstorms to follow this evening - or will the front buckle to form a wave and loop back, is the question.

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Absolutely ferocious rain currently!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                            Absolutely ferocious rain currently!
                            The southern flank of that quite large MCS passed right across you area; it's now NE of Henley-In -Arden and headed towards Kenilworth, leaving behind a trail of "dead" spherics to the west, which probably means the worst of it being over today for you, though with probably a good hour's worth of light to moderate rain to come from the decaying storm area.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

From reports part of S Devon experienced a tremendous storm around lunchtime. At the moment the main band of thundery weather is in a line stretching ENE through central Wales to NE of Brum; it keeps on re-propagating at the back end, almost like a queue in which people at the front leave, to be replaced by others. A bit like outside Sainsbury's yesterday! Here it's been a continuous mixture of either drizzle or moderate rain thus far, and with the wind now dropped out almost completely it is hard to work out where the main zones of precipitation will be heading, in what is a very complex picture.

Tomorrow looks likely to be windier, and with the "parent" low moving across the North giving further substantial rain there. Everywhere is due another very wet day on Monday, going over to Tuesday in the NE, after which it's expected to dry up, and warm up once more on Friday.

Aha! - I'm now looking at a clearance to our north-west. Will it blow through - with showers and maybe separate thunderstorms to follow this evening - or will the front buckle to form a wave and loop back, is the question.
                              Seems to have run its course in Devon - certainly hasn’t appeared here!

Comment

• Joseph K
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2017

The southern flank of that quite large MCS passed right across you area; it's now NE of Henley-In -Arden and headed towards Kenilworth, leaving behind a trail of "dead" spherics to the west, which probably means the worst of it being over today for you, though with probably a good hour's worth of light to moderate rain to come from the decaying storm area.

The worst has passed, leaving behind it water dripping from the kitchen ceiling - which happens only a few times a year, I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                                X