X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
    Please, I need today’s weather to be good!
    Make the most of today, BBM - the weekend doesn't look up to much: mainy dry (down here!) but windy with very little sun.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Whacking it down, fells disappeared, westerly strong and yukky. Temp 11C
      And for once, that is pretty much what the BBC weather man told us this lunchtime!

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

....and it's been raining pretty hard here ALL DAY - no exaggeration. Posted at 4.56 p.m.
        Lake District struggling too - Keswick particularly, a VERY likely hub for flocking tourists tomorrow - on the wonderful [not], much flagged by govt July 4th.

Maybe the weather will save us all up here from an unwelcome invasion of campers, drinkers, men-don't-wear-masks bikers etc etc. after all?

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

Even if it does manage to rain a bit here later on as the forecast suggests, the wind speeds will ensure it's of little use - and I really don't like gusty strong winds at night, I have enough difficulty sleeping as it is.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

....and it's been raining pretty hard here ALL DAY - no exaggeration. Posted at 4.56 p.m.
            Lake District struggling too - Keswick particularly, a VERY likely hub for flocking tourists tomorrow - on the wonderful [not], much flagged by govt July 4th.

Maybe the weather will save us all up here from an unwelcome invasion of campers, drinkers, men-don't-wear-masks bikers etc etc. after all?
            Probably won't prevent the influx but might reduce the size and duration? Not being able to rely on repairing to the pub/cafe etc to warm up, dry off and refuel makes the great outdoors somewhat less inviting, but I imagine the staff of such places could face considerable aggro on that basis.
            It could also mean even more 'incidents' for those who have to deal with accidents up mountains down dales and on the roads, thanks to bad weather being added to everyday stupidity/thoughtlessness. Not a happy prospect.
            I shall be glad when this weekend is over as much of the rest of the country will apparently have warm dry weather ideal for getting out and rat-arsed...

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Agree - most shopkeepers here in a small tourist hub town NW Dales - yes - need the custom etc, BUT are deeply apprehensive, the citizens here even more so.
              My guess is very early shopping and then lock yourself inside.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

We shouldn't be getting these kind of winds in July, surely? It's been raining on and off as well but more noticeable than either the wind or rain is just how cold it is, particularly indoors. The heating is on - in July! - despite my trying to resist it. And it's quite gloomy as well.
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Totally agree!
                  I'd be depressed if this was October frankly............! Yep and it is COLD - well it is here.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    We shouldn't be getting these kind of winds in July, surely? It's been raining on and off as well but more noticeable than either the wind or rain is just how cold it is, particularly indoors. The heating is on - in July! - despite my trying to resist it. And it's quite gloomy as well.
                    You’re quite right Pet. Very unseasonable. Raining today.
                    Let’s hope the weather puts people off going to the pub and overwhelming the NHS from their own ineptitude.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

The wind has thankfully dropped and it's a very calm but gloomy morning. Keep on getting a five minute shower every now and then which is a nuisance when out.
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• oddoneout
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                        The wind has thankfully dropped and it's a very calm but gloomy morning. Keep on getting a five minute shower every now and then which is a nuisance when out.
                        I'd happily live with that nuisance for the sake of my veg and other plants! Having to do so much watering is a chore(although lower temperatures have helped reduce the amount somewhat) but having the water repeatedly blown back at me because of the wind makes the whole exercise even more tiresome. Calming a bit during the day, gusting up to high 20s but winding up later for a blowy night again - high 30s.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

More or less non-stop drizzle. Fells AWOL Don't blame them.

..............and now, July - supposed summer? My hitherto comatose central heating has just switched itself ON.
                          Last edited by DracoM; 04-07-20, 16:58.

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Even harder thrashing, thunder, wild, wild westerly and lashing great torrents of rain too. Crikey.
                            Last edited by DracoM; 05-07-20, 18:36.

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Even harder thrashing, thunder, wild, wild westerly and lashing great torrents of rain too. Crikey.
                              Did it keep the visitors away?

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Turned out pleasant enough here, sunny spells with plenty of breeze.

Is it fair to say that this spring / summer has been windier than usual?
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X