Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

I've decided to let others vote on which type of weather they would wish to have - I'm staying neutral.

Comment

• greenilex
      • Nov 2010

Sometimes I vote for storm und drang...sometimes for pastoral smiles. Only rarely for floods and hurricanes and drought.

If I were a cockroach I’d survive regardless.

High winds make me nervous.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
        Sometimes I vote for storm und drang...sometimes for pastoral smiles. Only rarely for floods and hurricanes and drought.

If I were a cockroach I’d survive regardless.

High winds make me nervous.
        Likewise. Doesn’t look too bad at the moment.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• greenilex
          • Nov 2010

We have just enjoyed a short but delightful sunny interval. The dog was so pleased she didn’t know herself. Not a cockroach in sight...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
            We have just enjoyed a short but delightful sunny interval. The dog was so pleased she didn’t know herself. Not a cockroach in sight...
            Well there are a few half-hearted gaps of blue in the cloud sheet, and temperatures are a pleasant if damp 11 C, a couple over the average for late November. Earlier on we had dense fog here.

Comment

• LezLee
              • Apr 2019

If you're lucky enough to have a clear sky where you are, you could see the 'meeting' this evening of Venus and Jupiter in the South-West sky starting around 4.30pm and closest at about 5.00pm. It's a uniform grey up here, sadly.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
                If you're lucky enough to have a clear sky where you are, you could see the 'meeting' this evening of Venus and Jupiter in the South-West sky starting around 4.30pm and closest at about 5.00pm. It's a uniform grey up here, sadly.
                Same here now, Lez.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

8.5 degrees at 8:30 this evening in Huddersfield - warmer than daylight temperatures earlier in the week.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    8.5 degrees at 8:30 this evening in Huddersfield - warmer than daylight temperatures earlier in the week.
                    Light rain showers and a gentle breeze, according to the BBC. Ah at least we didn’t have much if any rain yesterday.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Another dull, damp morning here, but at least we avoided the overnight deluge that was promised.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Another dull, damp morning here, but at least we avoided the overnight deluge that was promised.
                        No, it petered out on approaching. "Sorry you've come all this way, love - Peter's out" The rest of the week promises to be "interesting" however, with an ex-tropical storm Sebastien coming in from the west tomorrow, then slowly crossing the Midlands, expecting to bring strong winds and heavy rains to Wales, the SW, South, and possibly around Yorkshire (), as it does so, before dragging down cold winds of Arctic origin in its wake from Friday to Sunday, meaning cold days, possible snow showers for Scotland, and frosty nights for the South and West, just in time for December. We will see!

It's drizzling like mad here now, spoiling any mitigation resulting from some quite mild temperatures (12C).

Comment

• Pulcinella
                          Host
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          No, it petered out on approaching. "Sorry you've come all this way, love - Peter's out" The rest of the week promises to be "interesting" however, with an ex-tropical storm Sebastien coming in from the west tomorrow, then slowly crossing the Midlands, expecting to bring strong winds and heavy rains to Wales, the SW, South, and possibly around Yorkshire (), as it does so, before dragging down cold winds of Arctic origin in its wake from Friday to Sunday, meaning cold days, possible snow showers for Scotland, and frosty nights for the South and West, just in time for December. We will see!

It's drizzling like mad here now, spoiling any mitigation resulting from some quite mild temperatures (12C).
                          Drizzle here too: feel sorry for the chaps erecting scaffolding in preparation for solar panel installation on Wednesday!
                          Ever the optimist.

Comment

• LezLee
                            • Apr 2019

Grey with light patches, warmish.

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Dreich here.

Comment

• oddoneout
                                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                                Drizzle here too: feel sorry for the chaps erecting scaffolding in preparation for solar panel installation on Wednesday!
                                Ever the optimist.
                                Just as well sunshine isn't essential for them to work eh?!

Comment

Working...
                                X