X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
    There was some rain here between 3am and 4am which did get a chance to benefit the ground as the wind had dropped. The wind has been steadily increasing since and the sun's out so the moisture will disappear quickly. Mid twenties and, despite the wind, sticky feeling. Any further rain will be isolated showers and from the look of the weather map will not be over my area. No rain tomorrow but a lot more wind, so I'll need to water pots before I go to work.
    I just now went out and dead-headed the roses: not an easy job with plants waving violently before the eyes in the blustery conditions; but tomorrow's forecast rules any outdoors activity out. I can only hope it improves for Sunday afternoon's guided history walk around Peckham!

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

My sister in Harrogate says she just had to bring the grandkids in from the garden as the sun was too hot!

Comment

• Pulcinella
        Host
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
        My sister in Harrogate says she just had to bring the grandkids in from the garden as the sun was too hot!
        Well it started to spit as I walked back from the local Coop a few minutes ago, and has since been raining steadily here in York, though it's warm enough for a short-sleeved shirt.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

A smidgen further East, and it's been a day of vividly alternating weather - the schoolkids playing outside have stopped running indoors as soon as it starts raining, as they've only just got in when the sun comes out again. They're carrying on playing when the downpours come, having discovered that the heat of the sun five minutes later dries them off quicker than a towel!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Pretty horrible here.

Warm , wet, very windy.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              A smidgen further East, and it's been a day of vividly alternating weather - the schoolkids playing outside have stopped running indoors as soon as it starts raining, as they've only just got in when the sun comes out again. They're carrying on playing when the downpours come, having discovered that the heat of the sun five minutes later dries them off quicker than a towel!
              Which is what's going to happen here to any rain(suddenly appeared on the forecast) that does fall, only it'll be the wind that does the drying now. It got hot in the afternoon - heading towards 30 - so my planned gardening was curtailed. It will be a sticky warm night. Predicted wind speeds for tomorrow have been upped.

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Another bleak, black cloud cluster has past, much rain, and almost non-stop rumbling.
                Looks to be clearing, but I think I can see more on the horizon.
                Looks like another wild, wet night!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Down thesearts, gusts going on upwards 50-60mph at times.
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

Just cycled to local shop to get i weekend. Chilly, breezy - still sticking to shorts and sandals, but pullover. A dog-walking neighbour was wearing a thick anorak and woolly hat.

Comment

• LezLee
                      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                      Just cycled to local shop to get i weekend. Chilly, breezy - still sticking to shorts and sandals, but pullover. A dog-walking neighbour was wearing a thick anorak and woolly hat.
                      What was the dog wearing?

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

What was the dog wearing?
                        Didn't notice. Alsatian, so gave wide berth

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                          • Apr 2007

Very March/ April-ish here: plenty of wind, heavy showers then beaming sun giving pleasing anticipation of the glorious summer to come.

Or not, as the case may be
                          I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Indeed.
                            Anyone who knows the upland areas of the North West will know what I mean when I say that:
                            [a] we are currently being deluged by that very, very fine rain that instantly soaks through and into almost everything within nanoseconds.
                            [b] the fells are totally invisible in cloud literally down to lower ground level.
                            And..it is cold. Get it, BBC Weather? COLD.

Comment

• LezLee
                              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                              Indeed.
                              Anyone who knows the upland areas of the North West will know what I mean when I say that:
                              [a] we are currently being deluged by that very, very fine rain that instantly soaks through and into almost everything within nanoseconds.
                              [b] the fells are totally invisible in cloud literally down to lower ground level.
                              And..it is cold. Get it, BBC Weather? COLD.
                              You've just described 'Scotch Mist' perfectly. It's cold here too, I've put the electric fire on low.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

You've just described 'Scotch Mist' perfectly. It's cold here too, I've put the electric fire on low.
                                Or in Cornwall as mizzle!

Comment

Working...
                                X