• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph K
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
    Absolute scorcher here with just a slight breeze, an ideal June day. Unlike some, I love it like this but sad that it looks like being a one day heatwave.
    I am currently in your county and can confirm this.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
      I am currently in your county and can confirm this.
      It just managed to reach 29C an hour ago, before starting to fall back here. We really are lucky, being as we are 250 feet above the centre of London, only 6 miles away to the north, and surrounded by trees: our maximum temperatures are usually 2-3C lower. Even so, I've kept windows and curtains shut, following a brief excursion to deadhead the roses this morning, when it was already pretty steamy. Even the Italians next door think it's too hot - hate to inform them it's even worse back home!

Tomorrow should be a lot cooler, following eastward passage of a cold front tonight, which is expected to produce some heavy thunderstorms for Scotland and the NW, but not down here.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Well, this a.m., up here, it is grey, heavy cloud, strong westerly and it's COLD, yes, cold. 10C max. And imminent rain is forecast.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Going to be 23C here. Quite warm now!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

Noticeably cooler here than yesterday with a fresh wind but still considerably warm. That wind is a definite spoiler though.
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
              Going to be 23C here. Quite warm now!
              A nice, and much fresher day, for taking a cycle ride down to Croydon to experience some afternoon pub jazz.

A couple of nights ago I attended a gig at Morley College, feeling really privileged at being at an establishent set up by Victorian philanthropists where Holst and Tippett, among others, taught. Amazing cycling home afterwards: the inviting exotic pungencies emitting from numberless restaurants along the way; one police operation at some sort of road incident, with four young people including two girls handcuffed to be taken away (didn't hang around to find out!); another hovering on the edge of some huge party taking place in a square just behind the Imperial War Museum I'd cycled through earlier, where what sounded like hundreds of males were all reciting rap in unison and at top speed; the fragrances and cooler air wafting from parks and people's gardens as one made ones way closer to home. I shall miss doing these self-propelled journeys when age forces me onto overheated public transport systems.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

That sounds like a great time SA!

The Met Office says 20C, sunny and cloudy today. A more acceptable temperature for me.
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Tops in grey mist, mizzle, edge to boisterous westerly, BUT fleeting blasts of sun sometimes after scudding clouds.

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

Somewhat difficult weather today. When the sun comes out it quickly becomes warm in sheltered spots, but the wind is brisk and chilly, so it has been a case of putting on/taking off an extra layer repeatedly depending on where I am and what I'm doing. For all the wind and coolth it has also been rather muggy, with occasional small spits and some impressive dark clouds which according to the forecast won't come to anything.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Oddoneout, I hope not!

Sunny with cloud at various intervals. Only 21C but I think could be muggy?
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Ideal quiet non-eventful weather for the next week is anticipated; light winds, variable cloud, near-average temperatures. Just right for getting out and about. Might be a good time to take a holiday from this particular thread!

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          Ideal quiet non-eventful weather for the next week is anticipated; light winds, variable cloud, near-average temperatures. Just right for getting out and about. Might be a good time to take a holiday from this particular thread!
                          Indeed. It's cloudy, windy, not raining but also not hot - good weather IMO.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

I think thee was a nip in the air?
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                              I think thee was a nip in the air?
                              Certainly not up here! It's been a lovely summer's day, much warmer than the forecast led one to believe.
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                                Certainly not up here! It's been a lovely summer's day, much warmer than the forecast led one to believe.
                                Very nice! I think it maybe 25C today!!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X