Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

It'll be a lot cooler everywhere tomorrow, so make the most of today (he said, sitting indoors in front of his computer).

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      It'll be a lot cooler everywhere tomorrow, so make the most of today (he said, sitting indoors in front of his computer).
      Certainly is down here, should I say it’s good to have a break from the humidity we have had recently?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

A really, drab, cool day here with thick cloud and a few spots of rain. This day last year was a scorcher with temps of around 33 degrees!
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Not cool here - it's COLD. And dreech. March at best.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

I'm wondering if they've got their predictions for this week right. If so, it's going to warm up quite a bit by Weds, especially in the SE, winds originating from the Azores.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Glad the London-Brighton bike ride is over for another year! Gawd!

Went for a nice saunter yesterday afternoon, with MrsBBM, up to a pub which we like going to, to see when it was going to reopen. Weather was quite overcast, sun was trying it’s best. Rather windy though, at time!
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Glad the London-Brighton bike ride is over for another year! Gawd!

Went for a nice saunter yesterday afternoon, with MrsBBM, up to a pub which we like going to, to see when it was going to reopen. Weather was quite overcast, sun was trying it’s best. Rather windy though, at time!
                Haywards Heath's a bit too far for my cycling legs these days, let alone Brighton, so no need to worry Bbm, as my wheels won't be getting added to the lycra cloned Superman-helmetted fanatics clogging up the roads.

Gorgeous sunshine's back again today, and it promises to be warm until Thursday, with little rain expected thereafter in the south. What a wonderful summer we're enjoying, thus far. At this rate the only worries are going to be about lack of rain!

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

All tempered by really strong winds up here in NW. Non-stop winds strong and sometimes chilly and searching over the last week

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Haywards Heath's a bit too far for my cycling legs these days, let alone Brighton, so no need to worry Bbm, as my wheels won't be getting added to the lycra cloned Superman-helmetted fanatics clogging up the roads.

Gorgeous sunshine's back again today, and it promises to be warm until Thursday, with little rain expected thereafter in the south. What a wonderful summer we're enjoying, thus far. At this rate the only worries are going to be about lack of rain!
                    It passes through the village of Ditchling, near the South Downs. My mother lives there, as well as Dame Vera Lynn. She feels hemmed in on that day. Plus the day before, the village centre was closed as they have the Village Fair on !
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Glad to hear mention of Haywards Heath. I've never been there and don't know if I've missed anything. The name has echos of my distant past as a secondary pupil. I travelled every day from Clapham Junction to Coulsdon South and all trains seemed to be going there on their way to Brighton.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                        Glad to hear mention of Haywards Heath. I've never been there and don't know if I've missed anything. The name has echos of my distant past as a secondary pupil. I travelled every day from Clapham Junction to Coulsdon South and all trains seemed to be going there on their way to Brighton.
                        As I've told this story before, (pace, Bbm), I briefly worked at the Hayworth Hotel in 1966 or '67, which is as near as dammit Haywards Heath's railway station hotel, situated opposite the station to its west, alongside the main north-south line, with just the station car park intervening. Guests would either be told, "You are lucky to have your room on the east-facing side, as you'll get the sun first thing", while those at the back would be told, "You are lucky to be in this part of the hotel becasuse you won't be disturbed by the trains"!!!

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Rain on and off all day here, no sun, coolish.
                          Midummer's Day tomorrow.........? Ha!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

As I've told this story before, (pace, Bbm), I briefly worked at the Hayworth Hotel in 1966 or '67, which is as near as dammit Haywards Heath's railway station hotel, situated opposite the station to its west, alongside the main north-south line, with just the station car park intervening. Guests would either be told, "You are lucky to have your room on the east-facing side, as you'll get the sun first thing", while those at the back would be told, "You are lucky to be in this part of the hotel becasuse you won't be disturbed by the trains"!!!
                            Nice story. I am well briefed. If I ever go there I would hope find out who Hayward was and have a chance to visit the heath.

Comment

• Petrushka
                              • Nov 2010

Here in the middle of England we seem to be getting a curious mixture of 'DracoM' weather and 'Serial Apologist' weather. Sometimes cool and windy, then cloudy and muggy, then sunny and warm, all in the space of a single day! It makes it difficult to choose the right clothing.
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Cloudy and breezy today. We hope to go to the gardens of Sheffield Park today. They have their lovely water lilies in fine bloom at the m ent. Be good to see them.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X