X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

Geoffrey Bayldon RIP

Star of Catweazle, the 70s TV series about the adventures of an eccentric 11th-century magician transported into the modern world

The actor was known for playing the Crowman in Worzel Gummidge and the lead role in Catweazle.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Catweazle was one of my very favourite programmes when it was first shown (when I was about 10) - and I was always delighted to see Geoffrey Bayldon in anything after that. I was only thinking about him last week, following the announcement of the death of Moray Watson (Lord Collingwood in the second series).

RIP, dear sir - and many, many thanks for the electrickery.

EDIT: Incidentally, the Guardian is incorrect to describe the female character in the video clip as "Carrot's Mum" - she had died some years before; it's the cleaner.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Catweazle was one if my very favourite programmes when it was first shown (when I was about 10) - and I was always delighted to see Geoffrey Bayldon in anything after that. I was only thinking about him last week, following the announcement of the death of Moray Watson (Lord Collingwood in the second series).

RIP, dear sir - and many, many thanks for the electrickery.

Can’t believe Catweazle was only 2 years! (1970-1972)

RIP

Edit: With programmes like The Clangers, Catweazle, Bill & Ben, Captain Pugwash, Sale Of The Century, Astronut, etc it’s a wonder any of our generation turned out normal!!!

Comment

• pastoralguy
        • Nov 2010

Very sad. Catweazle was one of my favourite TV shows as I was growing up.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

RIP

Edit: With programmes like The Clangers, Catweazle, Bill & Ben, Captain Pugwash, Sale Of The Century, Astronut, etc it’s a wonder any of our generation turned out normal!!!
          Even though I did watch it and found it quite an eccentric kind of humour! Geoffrey Balydon was offered the role of the first Dr Who, but declined it, saying later on hiow much he had regretted doing so.not a bad innings though! RIP
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

RIP

I don't think I did!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
              I don't think I did!

Comment

Working...
              X