• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post

.... and because we like the manager

Sunderland 2 Bristol Rovers 1
    Them was the days when he was our Guy in the dugout, anton - so glad to see him doing well. As for me, another Saturday listening to Jazz Record Requests pretty much says it all - null point!

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Had almost forgotten how to celebrate a win, especially against a top 6 side until I wandered into the kitchen and saw the “xmas” booze that I got in yesterday.

Not my day for the tickets, just as well probably as I have my second cold in three weeks , but you can see the difference in the side even from the TV coverage. Kept to the plan even after conceding the obligatory soft and deflected equaliser, and Charlie and Shane showed what they bring to the party. We were probably overdue a break this season.
      What a good player Ings is, a proper PL striker. Great link up play , excellent vision, and a good finisher.

Ralph will be a happy bunny tonight.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Had almost forgotten how to celebrate a win, especially against a top 6 side until I wandered into the kitchen and saw the “xmas” booze that I got in yesterday.

Not my day for the tickets, just as well probably as I have my second cold in three weeks , but you can see the difference in the side even from the TV coverage. Kept to the plan even after conceding the obligatory soft and deflected equaliser, and Charlie and Shane showed what they bring to the party. We were probably overdue a break this season.
        What a good player Ings is, a proper PL striker. Great link up play , excellent vision, and a good finisher.

Excellent ts really chuffed for you .......

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

..... and Stockport County won too

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Great for you ts. Please will you write a letter to Mr Chansiri and explain to him the value of employing a manager who seems to know what he is doing?

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Great for you ts. Please will you write a letter to Mr Chansiri and explain to him the value of employing a manager who seems to know what he is doing?
              Thanks Cloughie, ( and AG).

I'll drop your owner a line. Its a good plan.

Talking of deflected goals, I expect JLW will be along after a bit of a lie down. Men against boys really, but easy for a good side to freeze on a big occasion like today when they go behind or get pegged back.
              City having their eyes on the bigger prize may yet help them a great deal.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Yes, a breathless, exhilarating victory against a defiant United - but a struggling United, in a difficult season...(Whither United, etc...? Mourinho looked gloomier than ever...)
                We were as brilliant as last season (at last...!) for the first 20 minutes or so but only got one goal....(exquisite pass from Fabinho, who may just be settling in now...we can't always rely on the Good Soldier Milner, or tetchy old Henderson...)

Oh, I do like ​Xherdan Shaqiri.... I was thrilled to hear we'd got him, having noticed his flair as long ago as the 2014 World Cup.... ...always feel a bit miffed when he's subbed..a player who can change a game in a moment.... but it's not an 11-player game anymore really, especially if you're in the CL as well...phew..

Saints v Gunners was a great game...! Between two teams with new-manager-bounce...

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  but it's not an 11-player game anymore really, especially if you're in the CL as well...phew..
                  It certainly is not, Jayne...it helps to have a great manager, and Liverpool have one in spades. Great result for Klopp.

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  Saints v Gunners was a great game...!
                  Deeeeelighted, ts!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    ..... and Stockport County won too

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Good win for The Toon but the Brighton v Chelsea game.....
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Manchester United sack manager Jose Mourinho after no progress despite spending £400m on 11 players.

And good riddance. I was totally against his appointment in the first place.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Hasn’t anyone noticed the way the Miserable One manages to mess up his third season at a club, in order to get a huge payout when he’s sacked.

Mind you, for once I have an inkling of sympathy for him. Player transfers have been messy since David Gill left alongside Sir Alex.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

And good riddance. I was totally against his appointment in the first place.

Are you quite certain about this ?

Originally posted by Beef Oven!
                            Hello, hello we are the Busby Boys,
                            Hello, hello we are the Busby Boys,
                            And if you are a City fan,
                            Surrender or you'll die,
                            We all follow United!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                              Are you quite certain about this ?
                              I'm glad he's gone.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                                Thank God he has gone!
                                Pogba is stinking the place out too. I hope he's next to go. There is so much immaturity in that dressing room.

Comment

Working...
                                X