• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Thanks and well done all for the stirring support for Leicester after the tragic event a week ago.

Seemed a very dignified occasion at Cardiff today before and after the match.
    Indeed it was, Alison.

At last a win for The Toon. Seagulls ah well. Can’t win them all!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      To what does this refer?

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Owls, I imagine, L, though I could have referred to Saturday's result for the Buddies much the same way; though the Southern Saint may require even more downward pointing thumbs after today's encounter with manciteh.

Glad to see Leicester's win yesterday after a hard week for the Club; but also very sensitively handled yesterday by Cardiff City who deserve great credit.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

I have a ticket for next weeks match.

Not sure how that happened.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            To what does this refer?
            I think it has something to do with Delia Smith .....

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              She can rest her recipe for stuffed canary. Stuffed Owl....

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Ipswich Town's fans must be bracing themselves for the possibility that the Canaries MIGHT be singing in the Premiership next season while the Tractor Boys MIGHT be ploughing a lowly furrow in League 1. I'm not sure when, if ever, they were previously 2 leagues apart.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Ipswich Town's fans must be bracing themselves for the possibility that the Canaries MIGHT be singing in the Premiership next season while the Tractor Boys MIGHT be ploughing a lowly furrow in League 1. I'm not sure when, if ever, they were previously 2 leagues apart.
                  The Squire just gave a 07:03 Weather Forecast for Hartlepool .... I have had few more exciting moments ....

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

I don’t think they ever have - until the 1950s both were firmly Div 3 south residents and in recent years when Norwich descended to Div 1 for a couple of seasons, Ipswich were in the Championship. There’s a long season ahead, however, so don’t stick with the current positions - I’m more concerned that the two Sheffield clubs will be two divisions apart!

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      I don’t think they ever have - until the 1950s both were firmly Div 3 south residents and in recent years when Norwich descended to Div 1 for a couple of seasons, Ipswich were in the Championship. There’s a long season ahead, however, so don’t stick with the current positions - I’m more concerned that the two Sheffield clubs will be two divisions apart!
                      A thrilling Blades 0 Owls 0 was in the scale of things a good result considering our recent run and the first clean sheet of the season including a saved penalty and other good saves by our young keeper, Cameron Dawson!

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

I see ts has hidden his report on the Weather Channel but .........

Gillingham 0 Hangers 0 a fine bit of giant thwarting
                        Toon 2 Bournemouth 1 ..... We have the new Jackie Milburn ... but as my friend says he doesn't come to the match on the Ashington bus ......

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

I see ts has hidden his report on the Weather Channel but .........

Gillingham 0 Hangers 0 a fine bit of giant thwarting
                          Toon 2 Bournemouth 1 ..... We have the new Jackie Milburn ... but as my friend says he doesn't come to the match on the Ashington bus ......
                          Well done to Hartlepool, hopefully should add a bit to the coffers.

Same old same old at SMS. Saints aren’t too far away from being ok, ( win one lose one rather than endless draws would help) but a fragile defence, and the odd crass managerial decision are making life tough. Why on earth start Ings, the one player who could rescue our season on his own, when he had tweaked a hamstring in the warm up?

And dont get me started on bad refereeing decisions. Two shockers, one for each side. Anyway, not a bad game despite the awful conditions. The fact that a team as fragile as Watford are seventh must give us some hope, as does Gabbiadini’s fine performance.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint
                            Well done to Hartlepool, hopefully should add a bit to the coffers.

Same old same old at SMS. Saints aren’t too far away from being ok, ( win one lose one rather than endless draws would help) but a fragile defence, and the odd crass managerial decision are making life tough. Why on earth start Ings, one player who could rescue our season on his own, when he had tweaked a hamstring in the warm up?

And dont get me started on bad refereeing decisions. Two shockers, one for each side. Anyway, not a bad game despite the awful conditions. The fact that a team as fragile and ordinary as Watford are seventh must give us some hope, as does Gabbiadini’s fine performance.
                            So good you named it twice, sainty. Buddies managed a point in the six-pointer with Dundee, where at least they scored for only the second time in 9 games...penalty, mind you. Languishing, we are!
                            Still, it could be worse. I notice that you know who were sconned 13(thirteen) zero yesterday.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Disgraceful display yesterday by the ref at Brighton v Cardiff’s match. So biased towards Cardiff, it was unbelievable!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

Alas, another sad case of Palace playing OK but not scoring a goal, which is after all the point of the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X