X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    We've had a few good'uns in my time, Alison...and a pile of duff'uns. Still it was expected after the season they had...5 times the wage he had in Paisley is being reported. C'est la footie!
    Sunderland have had 20 managers this century .... including quite a few duff ones IMVVHO ....

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

We've had a few good'uns in my time, Alison...and a pile of duff'uns. Still it was expected after the season they had...5 times the wage he had in Paisley is being reported. C'est la footie!
      Sorry to hear about this JC. Hopefully your new top tier status will help you recruit somebody better !
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Jack Ross says he is taking charge of an "incredible football club" after being confirmed as Sunderland's new manager.

Weard choice, in my opinion, of course!!!! Good luck to Jack, but Buddies everywhere will miss him sorely!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
          • Aug 2015

Jack Ross says he is taking charge of an "incredible football club" after being confirmed as Sunderland's new manager.

Weard choice, in my opinion, of course!!!! Good luck to Jack, but Buddies everywhere will miss him sorely!
          Congratulations to St Mirren on their achievements. However, I saw this one coming. We live in a wacky world. I seem to recall that he was being linked to the Ipswich job along with Lampard though neither got it. Lampard allegedly has one of the highest IQs ever recorded by a footballer but I'm not keen on him and I don't see it. Hence it is probably Derby for him and Jack goes extraordinarily to a team which paid off Coleman and then hinted they would reappoint him. In parallel, Gerrard is deemed managerial material for the Rangers with no background in management at all. The good news for you is that it just might be that managers make a few thousands worth of difference to a team's success rather than millions.

This is clearly the way of the new model which sees Gazidis installing Emery at Arsenal while a committee is responsible for transfers. The money paid to the so-called bosses will plummet the more they are seen as dispensable. I have issues with Sunderland. They are not Newcastle. Worse, they were leaders in the money makers' goading of the unprivileged by sticking the Stadium of Light in an area of high deprivation. So I hope he fails there. There is only one great team in the North East. It is the Toon Army. I hope Mirren continue to do well even though you don't like Arsenal. And I really don't mind the Emery appointment although the Wagner and Henry ticket is an opportunity missed. Wagner will go to Leicester.

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
          So Emery gets one of the biggest jobs in football. I would not be surprised if Emery wins silverware for Arsenal and quite soon. I believe he has a winning mentality. Most of those Arsenal players need a kick up the a**e. However, no one is sure yet if he will have big clear out or not.
          Noted.

Call me odd but he has already used the right word for me though not for the more competitive supporter.

He believes in Arsenal's "history".....oh thank the lord for that; I feared it would be year zero.
          Last edited by Lat-Literal; 25-05-18, 22:50.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

In last orders/stoppage/Pep time news, Saints manage to appoint Mark Hughes from a shortlist of ..er....Mark Hughes,less than two weeks after he saved us from the drop.

Carry on at this pulsating speed, and we'll get a decent centre half before the end of the decade.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              Sunderland have had 20 managers this century .... including quite a few duff ones IMVVHO ....
              Given their wins ratio, and the cost of 20 redundancy packages , it sort of makes you wonder why they actually bother having a manager at all.........
              Last edited by teamsaint; 26-05-18, 06:59.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Awrabest the 'Pool!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Well MrsBBM will either be OTT happy or right down in the dumps. Whichever happens to Liverpool!
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Stanfordian
                      • Dec 2010

I'll stick my neck out and give my prediction which is:

Both teams to score and Real Madrid to win in normal time.

My head tells me that but of course anything can happen in a one-off game.

If Liverpool do win that will be quite a story; finishing 25 points behind the Premier League winners.
                      Last edited by Stanfordian; 26-05-18, 17:34.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Travelling back home after a few days away in Gloucestershire this afternoon I thought I’ll tune in to R5 to listen to the Championship Play-off Final - no commentary! I thought that the Beeb might consider it to be important enough to be covered - nah - probably couldn’t afford that and all the resources put into covering the match in Kiev.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

Come on you REDS!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Travelling back home after a few days away in Gloucestershire this afternoon I thought I’ll tune in to R5 to listen to the Championship Play-off Final - no commentary! I thought that the Beeb might consider it to be important enough to be covered - nah - probably couldn’t afford that and all the resources put into covering the match in Kiev.
                            Commentary was on Talk Sport who seem to be exclusively covering more and more of the big games

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Commentary was on Talk Sport who seem to be exclusively covering more and more of the big games
                              Ah well - I’d better put it on my DAB list!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Oh well.

Although Sadio Mané got 'em back in the the game, the truth is they didn't really recover from the Egyptian chap going off, then BALE ......... What can you say?

Comment

Working...
                                X