X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Or Blackpool fan, as they are also known.

I read an interesting stat yesterday, which put Saints ( and others) relegation struggle into perspective.
    Since 2007,only the big 6 plus Everton have been ever present in the PL.

Are any of the conference playoffs on sky?
    I think they are on BT sport

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Some very interesting posts for which thank you. Lancashire Lass - I could write a book about Brian Mawhinney but I won't do. Not many pages of it would be flattering. Good luck to AFC Wimbledon. As someone who has seen sports bikes and dogs rather than football in Plough Lane, the plans for the new stadium are among the few I can support : that maintaining of sport on a sports site and for the team to almost go back to its spiritual home. I also note Stanfordian's comments about the growth of league football in the North West. Moving comments in your post, Stan. However, allegiances may shift once the fracking outside Blackpool is in full swing and streets start travelling around the region as if they are on wheels.

I'd just like to join the Arsenal supporters who are expressing appreciation of how Arsene Wenger was received today by Manchester Utd. Arsene said the personal gestures from Sir Alex and the club were a sign of class and respect. These very Wengerite words, as often, pinpoint what is most important in the game and too often lacking in the commercial world.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Or Blackpool fan, as they are also known.

I read an interesting stat yesterday, which put Saints ( and others) relegation struggle into perspective.
        Since 2007,only the big 6 plus Everton have been ever present in the PL.
        ...and for those arrogant City fans with short memories they were in the third tier in the late '90s. The volutility of fortunes in the game is also interesting - a number of clubs in the current 20 have flirted with administration and extinction and Burnley, Brighton, Swansea and Bournemouth (I think) all were within 90mins of the Conference, Stoke and Huddersfield have also enjoyed football in the the top four flights over recent years, as have Wolves and Cardiff, likely to be in the top flight next season.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Sunday scores

West Ham United 1 manchester city 4 Boring boring city,1 more win and 2 more goals needed for the PL records
          Manchester United 2 Arsenal 1 Forum derby,Reds added time winner,guaranteed top 4,Gooners no away wins this year

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Turning into a hotbed of football up there Stan,
            I believe the Fylde owner is a disgruntled Blackpool fan.
            Well virtually all the Blackpool fans are vehemently anti-Oyston family who they believe have been stripping the club of money. Well there are very few going now as they are boycotting the home games as to not give the Oyston's any money. But they go to away games taking a very large support.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
              • Aug 2015

Sunday scores

West Ham United 1 manchester city 4 Boring boring city,1 more win and 2 more goals needed for the PL records
              Manchester United 2 Arsenal 1 Forum derby,Reds added time winner,guaranteed top 4,Gooners no away wins this year
              It's different in Europe.

We won in Ostersund and Milan.

The anagram of which is In Turn, Mad' Loses.

That's good enough for me.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post

And if its good enough for you, Lat...

Anyway, Arsenal are second in the table on home form only. Which is impressive. And have the same away points tally as the Super Saints, with two games each to play. Which is feeble.
                for those interested, ( Sid and Doris Bonkers, whatever happened to them?) Saints fans are pinning just some of their many hopes on Wengers boys getting dumped out of the Fairs cup, meaning that they will want to go out in a blaze of glory at Huddersfield on the last day, ( of the season not THE last day....hopefully) and thus helping to save our brave lads.

At least I think that is the theory.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Sorry Lat yes,I meant no away wins in the league.

Just watching MOTD,can't believe how bad West Ham are and how quiet the London Stadium is

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

And if its good enough for you, Lat...

Anyway, Arsenal are second in the table on home form only. Which is impressive. And have the same away points tally as the Super Saints, with two games each to play. Which is feeble.
                    for those interested, ( Sid and Doris Bonkers, whatever happened to them?) Saints fans are pinning just some of their many hopes on Wengers boys getting dumped out of the Fairs cup, meaning that they will want to go out in a blaze of glory at Huddersfield, and thus helping to save our brave lads.

At least I think that is the theory.
                    Fairs Cup!

Having Mr Wagner as high as my second preference for a replacement doesn't help you much then.

The idea that he would want his team to impress on that day and avoid relegation.

I am rooting for the Saints. If Cardiff are going up, I am prepared to accept that Swansea can go down although I prefer the latter. But I do have a question about Southampton - the sale of Lallana, Shaw, Mane, Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, Gazzaniga, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Pelle, Gardos, Chambers, Rodriguez. What have the owners done with the money?

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                      • Aug 2015

Sorry Lat yes,I meant no away wins in the league.

Just watching MOTD,can't believe how bad West Ham are and how quiet the London Stadium is
                      Yes, I know.

There is a a theme on your second point unfortunately - 5 Live described Old Trafford as oddly quiet with people leaving long before the end, Arsenal have struggled to fill the Emirates, West Ham as you say is quiet, Tottenham at Wembley hasn't really worked for Spurs fans and I think it was only last year when Man City were advertising tickets for their matches on commercial radio in London. None of this bodes well when it is also NFL, NFL, NFL on Talksport etc. When they start talking about the draft, I'm thinking they are discussing Vietnam.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

I couldn't resist tuning in the MotD to enjoy again Palace's trouncing of Leicester which has 99% guaranteed their survival in the Premier League. A really great team performance.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Fairs Cup!

Having Mr Wagner as high as my second preference for a replacement doesn't help you much then.

The idea that he would want his team to impress on that day and avoid relegation.

I am rooting for the Saints. If Cardiff are going up, I am prepared to accept that Swansea can go down although I prefer the latter. But I do have a question about Southampton - the sale of Lallana, Shaw, Mane, Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, Gazzaniga, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Pelle, Gardos, Chambers, Rodriguez. What have the owners done with the money?
                          Good question. Some of the cash has repaid some loans to the Leibherr family I think. And some has likely gone to repay some of the £200m debt with which the current owner bought the business, most likely the VVD money.

Of the above, we probably made no money on Toby ( Loan) Gazza, Pelle, Gardos ( probably a loss) and not that much on J Rod.

Expensive or mid price replacements include Boufal (£15m) Hojbjerg, Carillo (£19m ) Redmond, Hoedt, Fraser Forster.

And we have a top end wage bill .

Easy come, easy go.......

( All makes our inability to source good quality replacememnts for Pelle and Fonte at the right time look like particularly inept management).
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                            • Aug 2015

Good question. Some of the cash has repaid some loans to the Leibherr family I think. And some has likely gone to repay some of the £200m debt with which the current owner bought the business, most likely the VVD money.

Of the above, we probably made no money on Toby ( Loan) Gazza, Pelle, Gardos ( probably a loss) and not that much on J Rod.

Expensive or mid price replacements include Boufal (£15m) Hojbjerg, Carillo (£19m ) Redmond, Hoedt, Fraser Forster.

And we have a top end wage bill .

Easy come, easy go.......

( All makes our inability to source good quality replacememnts for Pelle and Fonte at the right time look like particularly inept management).
                            Oh yes - Van Dijk too.

Thank you for your comments which tell me much more than I knew.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Tottenham 2 Watford 0 Scored in each half,closing in on a top 4 finish
                              Doncaster Rovers 0 Wimbledon 0 A point that secures league 1 football for next season,worth mentioning again that franchise fc are down,tee hee

Play off semi 1st leg

Stenhousemuir 1 Queen's Park 1 Behind at the break and had a man sent off

Huge games tomorrow ......................not just in the Champions League

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Very best of British luck ER ........

Comment

Working...
                                X