X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    I feel a little sorry for Mark Hughes, who can see both his clubs in the current season facing the drop.
    Feel sorry for him if he misses out on his £2m bonus, EA !!

All still to play for at the bottom, massive game at SMS on Satdee when AFCB come to town for the Hampshire/Former Hampshire " derby".
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      Poor Spurs not winning. Always feel sorry for teams being beaten by Man Utd. and the unmentionables!
      I feel sorry for Spurs losing to United, but no-ne else.

As for the unmentionables .......

Comment

• Lat-Literal
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        I feel sorry for Spurs losing to United, but no-ne else.

As for the unmentionables .......
        Happy St George's Day Beef O.

And thank you for wishing me a Happy St George's Day.

The best Three Lions football song!!!(Okay, now some of this may sound stupid to some of you guys but I want you to hear me out. Now look, you know different...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Anyone else watching Liverpool Roma,sensational stuff,Jayne obviously.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Anyone else watching Liverpool Roma,sensational stuff,Jayne obviously.
            Dont have BT sport.

That away goal could yet be critical........

Edit....make that goals.......
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Dont have BT sport.

That away goal could yet be critical........

Edit....make that goals.......
              Yep,2 away goals now,incredible game

Comment

• jean
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Anyone else watching Liverpool Roma...
                No, but I did struggle through the traffic to meet a team from BBC Breakfast (I think it was) who had decided for some unfathomable reason to film a bit of electioneering in Anfield ward.

Thank God I don't live there any more!

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

But Roma scored 2. THAT's what scares me. Briliant Reds, but...but.......Roma scored 3 against Barca and won in Rome.

It's not over.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2011

I don't think I ever felt more...unnerved after a 3-goal victory...

Easy to forget, given how they fell apart after going behind, that Roma more than held their own for half an hour....
                    Mo Salah was taken off too soon... no team in a CL semi are poor; give them a chance, they take it; you might really want another goal yourself. If you are going to shut up shop, do it earlier with another defender and a tactical change. But that doesn't really suit this Liverpool team anyway. So make sure you can score another if the need arises. Keep Salah around for 80 minutes.

Oh, these late penalties. I'm still not happy about that Ronaldo v Juventus winner (wonderfully well though he took it).
                    But, what is it about refs and handball? It's supposed to be intentional. The ball came at Milner at speed, squeezed between hip and arm. He couldn't possibly have avoided it. But you see them, and far worse, given (or in the case of Southampton's disallowed goal in the FA semi, not given... so much for VAR!).

So, nervous times next week! I'd always back us to score anywhere, but after that....

Anyway, big treat tomorrow with fewer nerves...Bayern v Real... wow.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Forum round up

CL Semi 1st leg

Liverpool 5 Roma 2 Were 5-0 up before conceding twice in 5 mins

League

Bristol Rovers 1 Wigan Athletic 1 Led at half time
                        Coventry City 2 Lincoln City 4 Play off place still in their own hands
                        Bognor Regis Town 0 Chelmsford City 1 Early goal,play offs assured
                        Weston Super Mare 0 Truro City 2 1 point from last game will secure a play off spot
                        Livingston 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Unbeaten in 10 league games,outside chance of the play offs

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                          I don't think I ever felt more...unnerved after a 3-goal victory...

Easy to forget, given how they fell apart after going behind, that Roma more than held their own for half an hour....
                          Mo Salah was taken off too soon... no team in a CL semi are poor; give them a chance, they take it; you might really want another goal yourself. If you are going to shut up shop, do it earlier with another defender and a tactical change. But that doesn't really suit this Liverpool team anyway. So make sure you can score another if the need arises. Keep Salah around for 80 minutes.

Oh, these late penalties. I'm still not happy about that Ronaldo v Juventus winner (wonderfully well though he took it).
                          But, what is it about refs and handball? It's supposed to be intentional. The ball came at Milner at speed, squeezed between hip and arm. He couldn't possibly have avoided it. But you see them, and far worse, given (or in the case of Southampton's disallowed goal in the FA semi, not given... so much for VAR!).

So, nervous times next week! I'd always back us to score anywhere, but after that....

Anyway, big treat tomorrow with fewer nerves...Bayern v Real... wow.
                          Yep,never a pen tonight,some weird refereeing decisions recently,not just in CL games

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Forum round up

Livingston 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Unbeaten in 10 league games,outside chance of the play offs
                            Yeah, Rob. That late goal Dunfermline scored on Saturday may come back to haunt Caley Thistle. They need a win against the great unwashed and hope Dunfermline gets beat by Dumbarton to get into the play-offs...unlikely, but who knows; they just hit their stride a little too late.

Buddies need nothing from their final game in Falkirk as we are already promoted, but you may be aware of that.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Yeah, Rob. That late goal Dunfermline scored on Saturday may come back to haunt Caley Thistle. They need a win against the great unwashed and hope Dunfermline gets beat by Dumbarton to get into the play-offs...unlikely, but who knows; they just hit their stride a little too late.

Buddies need nothing from their final game in Falkirk as we are already promoted, but you may be aware of that.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Yep,never a pen tonight,some weird refereeing decisions recently,not just in CL games
                                It pains me to say it, but I do sometimes wonder if there is more to some decisisions than just bad judgement.

The one that really set me thinking that way way the Nani sending off against Real Madrid a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                                X