• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Quite a few teams not playing this weekend,a couple more leagues won today

Coventry City 3 Stevenage 1 Back to back league wins,remain in the play offs
    West Brom 2 Liverpool 2 Conceded twice in the last 11 mins when 2-0 up
    Watford 0 Crystal Palace 0 Now 6 points clear of the drop zone
    Dundee 2 St Johnstone 1 Equalised on 85 mins,conceded the 2nd 3 mins later
    Kilmarnock 0 Aberdeen 2 Scored in each half,up to 2nd
    Partick Thistle 2 Hamilton Academical 1 Behind at the break,1st win in 10 league games
    Bolton Wanderers 0 Wolves 4 2 goals in each half,Championship winners
    Sheffield Wednesday 3 Reading 0 Straightforward win,now mid table
    Wimbledon 2 Oldham Athletic 2 Took the lead twice,3 points above the relegation zone
    Rotherham United 2 Bristol Rovers 0 Conceded in each half,winless in 4 league games
    Exeter City 2 Crawley Town 2 Just 1 point off the automatic promotion places
    Eastleigh 0 Macclesfield Town 2 Conference winners,back in the league after 6 years
    Hartlepool United 1 Torquay United 1 Conceded a late equaliser
    Leyton Orient 1 Wrexham 0 Play off finish is now not in their own hands
    Blyth Spartans 0 Stockport County 1 Scored right on half time,looking set for 5th place
    York City 2 Leamington 2 Conceded on 89 mins at 2-1 up,play offs looking unlikely
    Chelmsford City 0 Havant & Waterlooville 2 1st defeat in 6 league games,still in the play offs
    Truro City 1 Braintree Town 2 Outside the play off places on goal difference
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Dunfermline 2 Conceded the 2nd on 95 mins when 2-1 up
    St Mirren 2 Greenock Morton 1 1st win in 4 league games for the champions
    Forfar Athletic 1 Queen's Park 1 Behind at the break,remain bottom
    Edinburgh City 1 Clyde 3 3 down after 65 mins,no win in last 9 league games
    Formartine United 12 Fort William 0 Crikey !

FA Cup semi final

Manchester United 2 Tottenham 1 Forum derby,Spurs Scored 1st,Reds Scored in each half

Chelsea,Southampton,Arsenal and manchester city play tomorrow
    Newcastle play on Monday

I'm going to miss Arsene Wenger
    Thanks Rob. The York situation is dire. I was visited today by a Woking supporter, a team for whom things at half time were not looking good. They have, though managed to turn things round a little. Re Arsene, it's been emotional. There is an adjustment then something happens which sets it off again. The Bob Wilson interview, for example, on his integrity. I keep having to remind myself that a lot of water flowed under the bridge prior to 1996. Much of it was good. Still, 1995 was a personal annus horribilis so I associate his arrival with upturn. The main issue is the future. I don't like Enrique's hot-headedness and especially Allegri's associations with match fixing in the past. I really don't want these sorts of people.

I like these sorts of people:

Thierry on Parkinson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhgUluS32Hg

.....and I like this one:

Wagner on promotion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hx-gOlNxqk

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    “I'm going to miss Arsene Wenger”

Me too ER but I have it on reliable authority that he has bought a terrace house in West Hartlepool .....
    Hopefully for its reputation for mushy peas rather than the guacamole.
    Last edited by Lat-Literal; 21-04-18, 22:31.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

St Mirren 2 Greenock Morton 1 1st win in 4 league games for the champions
      Thanks Rob...the Buddies got their trophy today...no guard of honour from the great unwashed at the 2021 Stadium in Paisley...I appreciate authenticity in football today, don't you?
      St Mirren get their hands on the Championship trophy after an entertaining derby victory over Morton watched by 6422 fans in Paisley.

CHAMPIONAYS!!! etc etc....next season, back to getting cuffed most weeks...ever the optimist me!

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Poor Spurs not winning. Always feel sorry for teams being beaten by Man Utd. and the unmentionables!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Stanfordian
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Poor Spurs not winning. Always feel sorry for teams being beaten by Man Utd. and the unmentionables!
          It's not just about having good players its about cultivating a winning mentality! In recent times Spurs always seem to come up short in this respect.

To give due respect Spurs have played much exciting and entertaining football all season.
          Last edited by Stanfordian; 22-04-18, 11:03.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
            It's not just about having good players its about cultivating a winning mentality! In recent times Spurs always seem to come up short in this respect.
            Manyoo snuffed out Kane in the 2nd half - hardly heard him mentioned by the commentator.

Comment

• Stanfordian
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              Manyoo snuffed out Kane in the 2nd half - hardly heard him mentioned by the commentator.
              All season I've felt that defenders in general don't get close enough to Kane and aren't nowhere near physical enough with him either. Actually I wondered if Kane was carrying an injury.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                All season I've felt that defenders in general don't get close enough to Kane and aren't nowhere near physical enough with him either. Actually I wondered if Kane was carrying an injury.
                Think it's the ongoing ankle issue but not a lot is being said given England duties.
                Last edited by Lat-Literal; 22-04-18, 20:26.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Sunday supplement

Arsenal 4 West Ham 1 Easy win including 3 late goals in the space of 7 mins
                  manchester city 5 Swansea City 0 Now looking to break points and goal scoring records

FA Cup semi final

Chelsea 2 Southampton 0 Forum derby,2nd half goals,Blues successive finals,Saints unlucky with the disallowed goal

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Sunday supplement

Arsenal 4 West Ham 1 Easy win including 3 late goals in the space of 7 mins
                    manchester city 5 Swansea City 0 Now looking to break points and goal scoring records

FA Cup semi final

Chelsea 2 Southampton 0 Forum derby,2nd half goals,Blues successive finals,Saints unlucky with the disallowed goal
                    Easy ish.

There was a quiet Big Business coup.

Ivan Gazidis, who has been at Arsenal since all of 2009, wants Allegri. Not wise in my view.

Sven Mislintat joined as so-called Head of New Recruitment less than five months ago. Close ties with Dortmund suggesting Tuchel but he is likely to go to PSG.

Raul Sanllehi, so-called Head of Public Relations, also joined in November 2017 and has very close ties with Luis Enrique. It's why Enrique is now the favourite.

This is not the Arsenal we know because the latter two people just aren't Arsenal and the first is not especially so. Arsene Wenger was effectively pushed out.

Meanwhile, the true club and football answer is still rather wonderfully not ruling himself out:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...arsene-wenger/

Henry, who was brought to Arsenal from Juventus by Wenger in 1999, believes fans should focus on how he 'changed the club for the good' when reflecting on his 22-year rein.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Nice day out at Wembley, that ended up being more frustrating than I expected. A decent second half response from Saints after an ultra cautious first half, and our usual defensive shambles gifted Chelsea the lead.
                      As usual, the big clubs get the refereeing decisions, the three big ones all went against us, ( Disallowed goal, big push on Long, and a strong handball shout). Chelsea the better team , but on other days it might have been different.

We are a team short of a bit of luck right now, but I perhaps that will change over the next four games.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Nice day out at Wembley, that ended up being more frustrating than I expected. A decent second half response from Saints after an ultra cautious first half, and our usual defensive shambles gifted Chelsea the lead.
                        As usual, the big clubs get the refereeing decisions, the three big ones all went against us, ( Disallowed goal, big push on Long, and a strong handball shout). Chelsea the better team , but on other days it might have been different.

We are a team short of a bit of luck right now, but I perhaps that will change over the next four games.
                        Disappointed for you.

You need goals in the league.

Charlie Austin is the only answer.

I have to back Chelsea to sustain Arsenal's FA Cup record but as for viewing, it might now have to be Harry and Meghan.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                          • Dec 2010

I'm not sure who was worst today Long or Fàbregas. If Long was playing in the Championship he'd be 20 goal a season man. His close control today was awful! I can't think of another player who's form has deteriorated as much as Fàbregas in the last couple of seasons.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Hope it will, ts. Disappointed for you...didn't sound like yer lads were outclassed on the day...blinkin' refs!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Sympathies! But at least you have won it in the past and against Man U. I have twice watched Palace (who have never really won anything) unluckily lose a final to them. As you say, Wembley is still a great day out. I would have much preferred Man U and Chelsea not to be in the Final yet again this year.

Relegation could still be decided on goal difference. Luckily, Palace are reasonably well placed in that respect, as are Saints.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

I feel a little sorry for Mark Hughes, who can see both his clubs in the current season facing the drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X