• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Latest

Looking good play off wise for 75% of our 6th tier teams

Chelmsford City 3 Wealdstone 0 5th league win in a row,remain in 3rd,play offs almost secured
    Brighton 1 Tottenham 2 Forum derby,Spurs took the lead and Remain 4th,Seagulls equalised with a pen 2 mins later and are almost safe
    Exeter City 2 Chesterfield 1 Unbeaten in 4 league games,2 points off automatic promotion
    Hartlepool United 1 Leyton Orient 0 1st half winner,late red card,now safe
    Chorley 1 Stockport County 1 Came back from a goal down at half time,play offs guaranteed
    FC United of Manchester 1 York City 0 Conceded on the hour,Oh literal lateral I feel your pain
    Truro City 2 Hungerford Town 1 Scored twice in 22 2nd half mins,play off finish in their own hands
    St Mirren 1 Falkirk 2 Took the lead with a pen,threw it away in the last 7 mins,who cares ?
    Really, really shocking!

What price the new stadium now?

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
      Really, really shocking!

What price the new stadium now?

The £3m from Central Government promised as an election bribe by Cameron in 2015, to match Cornwall Council's Agreed £3m!

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Latest

Looking good play off wise for 75% of our 6th tier teams

Chelmsford City 3 Wealdstone 0 5th league win in a row,remain in 3rd,play offs almost secured
        Brighton 1 Tottenham 2 Forum derby,Spurs took the lead and Remain 4th,Seagulls equalised with a pen 2 mins later and are almost safe
        Exeter City 2 Chesterfield 1 Unbeaten in 4 league games,2 points off automatic promotion
        Chorley 1 Stockport County 1 Came back from a goal down at half time,play offs guaranteed
        FC United of Manchester 1 York City 0 Conceded on the hour,Oh literal lateral I feel your pain
        Truro City 2 Hungerford Town 1 Scored twice in 22 2nd half mins,play off finish in their own hands
        St Mirren 1 Falkirk 2 Took the lead with a pen,threw it away in the last 7 mins,who cares ?
        Well i hope Seagull be ok. A friend of mine said we should be!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Lat-Literal
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          The £3m from Central Government promised as an election bribe by Cameron in 2015, to match Cornwall Council's Agreed £3m!
          That's Truro?

After five years of talking, I think the funding for York is mainly from Legal and General.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
            That's Truro?

After five years of talking, I think the funding for York is mainly from Legal and General.
            Memory corner for me: Years ago I got a student holiday job at Legal and General's massive office complex in deepest Surrey at Kingswood. The work was somewhat stultifying (updating customer records pre-computer on handwritten cards). In an idle moment I wrote a poem called Elegy for the L & G. The surroundings were delightful with use of the on-site tennis courts.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Of the all the clubs I follow/support, there's everything: the nearest and dearest in the world (Stockport County), the most successful in Britain (Manchester City) and the least successful in Britain (Fort William).

A good season for the first two, but poor old FW - 3 draws, 26 defeats and a goal difference of minus 132.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

:
                Indeed - thanks ER

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

More celebrations

Bournemouth 0 Manchester United 2 Forum derby,Cherries just 1 win in last 9 league games should be safe,Reds won 6 of last 7 league games clear in 2nd
                  Dumbarton 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 2nd half winner,5th straight league win,play offs still possible
                  Strathspey Thistle 1 Fort William 1 4 points for the season now
                  Biggleswade Town 0 Hereford 1 Penalty winner,see below,champions and a 3rd successive promotion

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                    Of the all the clubs I follow/support, there's everything: the nearest and dearest in the world (Stockport County), the most successful in Britain (Manchester City) and the least successful in Britain (Fort William).

A good season for the first two, but poor old FW - 3 draws, 26 defeats and a goal difference of minus 132.
                    Another point for FW this evening Alpie

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Thursday games

Burnley 1 Chelsea 2 Back to back league wins,5 points off top the 4
                      Leicester City 0 Southampton 0 Forum derby,Foxes 1 point from last 3 league games,Saints remain 4 points from safety

Comment

• Stanfordian
                        • Dec 2010

Thursday games

Burnley 1 Chelsea 2 Back to back league wins,5 points off top the 4
                        Leicester City 0 Southampton 0 Forum derby,Foxes 1 point from last 3 league games,Saints remain 4 points from safety
                        I thought Burnley might win tonight but Chelsea are beginning to show improved form.
                        Listening to the radio the Leicester v Southampton game was dire.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                          I thought Burnley might win tonight but Chelsea are beginning to show improved form.
                          Listening to the radio the Leicester v Southampton game was dire.
                          Why on earth would you listen to Leicester v Saints unless you support one of the teams, or one of those who we might theoretically still catch ?

I watched it on a stream. I've seen worse games. But it was pretty dreadful.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Why on earth would you listen to Leicester v Saints unless you support one of the teams, or one of those who we might theoretically still catch ?

I watched it on a stream. I've seen worse games. But it was pretty dreadful.
                            You see I followed Leicester v Southampton on the radio whilst watching Burnley v Chelsea on the TV.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

I think The Toon and Seagulls will be ok this season and The Toon must be rid of that Chairman!!!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                                You see I followed Leicester v Southampton on the radio whilst watching Burnley v Chelsea on the TV.
                                Glutton for punishment , eh ?
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X