I'm calming down now with a glass of Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Now that Gurney has calmed down....

Midweek results.
      Europe.
      Liverpool 0 Porto 0
      5-0 aggregate, Liverpool back where they belong. Apparently.

Former occupants of Maine Road 1 Basel 2
      Aggregate 5-2.

Tottenham 1 Juventus 2
      Aggregate 3-4. All went pear shaped in 3 minutes mid way through the second half.

Championship.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Ipswich 2. Losing at home to Ipswich says it all really.

Leeds 0 Wolves 3. Redefining the walk in the park.

National League

Aldershot 2 Hartlepool United 1.
      Imagine travelling to Aldershot midweek and losing. Well now they don’t have to .....

Trophy
      Brackley 2 Stockport County 1.
      I won’t tell ER if you don’t.

SPL.

Kilmarnock 2 St Johnstone 0

Apologies if I have missed anything.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Now that Gurney has calmed down....

Midweek results.
        Europe.
        Liverpool 0 Porto 0
        5-0 aggregate, Liverpool back where they belong. Apparently.

Former occupants of Maine Road 1 Basel 2
        Aggregate 5-2.

Tottenham 1 Juventus 2
        Aggregate 3-4. All went pear shaped in 3 minutes mid way through the second half.

Championship.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Ipswich 2. Losing at home to Ipswich says it all really.

Leeds 0 Wolves 3. Redefining the walk in the park.

National League

Aldershot 2 Hartlepool United 1.
        Imagine travelling to Aldershot midweek and losing. Well now they don’t have to .....

Trophy
        Brackley 2 Stockport County 1.
        I won’t tell ER if you don’t.

SPL.

Kilmarnock 2 St Johnstone 0

Apologies if I have missed anything.
        There seems to be a number of Forum sides that are currently faring badly, anton - are you joining Jeff's Consortium?

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

The Toon are faring badly. I’m livid!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

"Imagine travelling to Aldershot midweek and losing. Well now they don’t have to ..... "

Indeed ts, Hard Times .......

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              "Imagine travelling to Aldershot midweek and losing. Well now they don’t have to ..... "

Indeed ts, Hard Times .......
              We must stick together in adversity, AG..........
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                We must stick together in adversity, AG..........

Indeed we must ........

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Indeed we must ........
                  I feel a burst of the relegation battle blues - history shows we've little bottle in a battle and it's troubling my mind!

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    I feel a burst of the relegation battle blues - history shows we've little bottle in a battle and it's troubling my mind!
                    You think the Owls are in danger cloughers ....... ?????

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

You think the Owls are in danger cloughers ....... ?????
                      In a word YES!

We've gained few points in recent weeks and only where we are in the table because of the poor form of sides below us. A 6 pointer against Bolton on Saturday, but the unavailibilty of so many of the squad due to injury leaves us very vulnerable with most of the available players displaying a severe lack of confidence and ability to battle. Looks like the Hangers are facing a potential Hereford situation.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Well, who'd have thought it? Arsenal beating AC Milan away from home. My son is an Arsenal supporter (well no-one's perfect) and has been saying Wenger must go for over a year. Tonight he watched the game wearing his replica away shirt. He said recent bad results were not Wenger's fault, but his, for not wearing his shirt during the matches.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          Well, who'd have thought it? Arsenal beating AC Milan away from home. My son is an Arsenal supporter (well no-one's perfect) and has been saying Wenger must go for over a year. Tonight he watched the game wearing his replica away shirt. He said recent bad results were not Wenger's fault, but his, for not wearing his shirt during the matches.

I understand that sort of thinking completely - it is very much in line with my own.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Anton, quite simply, our Chairman must go!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks ts for the midweek round up

Thursday

Europa League

AC Milan 0 Arsenal 2 Away goals should see them through

Today

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 1 Forum derby,battle for 2nd place,manyoo 5 points clear of Liverpool
                              Everton 2 Brighton 0 1st defeat in last 6 league games and a 2nd half red card
                              Newcastle United 3 Southampton 0 Forum derby,Toon Easy win,Saints 1 point above the drop zone
                              West Brom 1 Leicester City 4 Came back from a goal down
                              Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Blues 4 points off top 4,Eagles 4th straight league defeat
                              Dundee 0 St Johnstone 4 Scored twice in each half
                              Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 0 Forum derby,Dons 3rd,Jags 11th
                              Sheffield Wednesday 1 Bolton Wanderers 1 Conceded the equaliser on 93 mins
                              Aston Villa 4 Wolves 1 Heaviest league defeat of the season,3 points clear at the top
                              Wimbledon 2 Oxford United 1 2nd half winner,3 points clear of the drop zone
                              Bristol Rovers 1 Northampton Town 1 Led at half time,4 points off the play offs
                              Coventry City 1 Barnet 0 Late winner,outside the play offs on goal difference
                              Exeter City 1 Carlisle United 1 Led at half time,6th
                              Hartlepool United 0 Boreham Wood 0 2nd half red card,4 points clear of relegation zone
                              Macclesfield Town 3 Barrow 1 Came back from a goal down,top by 2 points
                              Stockport County 0 Brackley Town 1 Conceded on 89 mins
                              York City 1 Boston United 0 Late winner,3 red cards,1 for York,in the last 2 mins,4th
                              Hungerford Town 1 Chelmsford City 1 Behind at the break,92nd min equaliser,4th
                              St Albans City 0 Truro City 1 1st half pen,1 point outside the play offs
                              Livingston v Inverness Caledonian Thistle was postponed
                              St Mirren 2 Dunfermline 0 2 goals in 3 2nd half mins,11 points clear at the top
                              Queen's Park 1 Alloa Athletic 2 Took the lead just after the break,bottom
                              Annan Athletic 2 Edinburgh City 3 Back to back league wins
                              Fort William 0 Buckie Thistle 7 Same old
                              Selkirk v Civil Service Strollers was postponed
                              Hereford 0 Kings Lynn Town 2 1st defeat in ages 7 points clear at the top with a game in hand

Arsenal,Bournemouth,Tottenham,Wrexham play tomorrow
                              manchester city play on Monday
                              No game for East Stirlingshire
                              Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 11-03-18, 20:52.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                Thanks ts for the midweek round up

Thursday

Europa League

AC Milan 0 Arsenal 2 Away goals should see them through

Today

Manchester United 2 Liverpool 1 Forum derby,battle for 2nd place,manyoo 5 points clear of Liverpool
                                Everton 2 Brighton 0 1st defeat in last 6 league games and a 2nd half red card
                                Newcastle United 3 Southampton 0 Forum derby,Toon Easy win,Saints 1 point above the drop zone
                                West Brom 1 Leicester City 4 Came back from a goal down
                                Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Blues 4 points off top 4,Eagles 4th straight league defeat
                                Dundee 0 St Johnstone 4 Scored twice in each half
                                Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 0 Forum derby,Dons 3rd,Jags 11th
                                Sheffield Wednesday 1 Bolton Wanderers 1 Conceded the equaliser on 93 mins
                                Aston Villa 4 Wolves 1 Heaviest league defeat of the season,3 points clear at the top
                                Wimbledon 2 Oxford United 1 2nd half winner,3 points clear of the drop zone
                                Bristol Rovers 1 Northampton Town 1 Led at half time,4 points off the play offs
                                Coventry City 1 Barnet 0 Late winner,outside the play offs on goal difference
                                Exeter City 1 Carlisle United 1 Led at half time,6th
                                Hartlepool United 0 Boreham Wood 0 2nd half red card,4 points clear of relegation zone
                                Macclesfield Town 3 Barrow 1 Came back from a goal down,top by 2 points
                                Stockport County 0 Brackley Town 1 Conceded on 89 mins
                                York City 1 Boston United 0 Late winner,3 red cards,1 for York,in the last 2 mins,4th
                                Hungerford Town 1 Chelmsford City 1 Behind at the break,92nd min equaliser,4th
                                St Albans City 0 Truro City 1 1st half pen,1 point outside the play offs
                                Livingston v Inverness Caledonian Thistle was postponed
                                St Mirren 2 Dunfermline 0 2 goals in 3 2nd half mins,11 points clear at the top
                                Queen's Park 1 Alloa Athletic 2 Took the lead just after the break,bottom
                                Annan Athletic 2 Edinburgh City 3 Back to back league wins
                                Fort William 0 Buckie Thistle 7 Same old
                                Selkirk v Civil Service Strollers was postponed
                                Hereford 0 Kings Lynn Town 2 1st defeat in ages 7 points clear at the top with a game in hand

Arsenal,Bournemouth,Tottenham,Wrexham play tomorrow
                                manchester city play on Monday
                                No game for East Stirlingshire
                                Thank you Rob.

A potentially massive goal for York, following a severe dressing down at half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X