Let's hear it for the town that gave us Terylene
    And the tune ends too soon for us all

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Good luck to everyone today.
      And tomorrow
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Ah cloughie, Cowdenbeath, the Blue Brazil! Is there a better nickname for a club? Third Lanark and Cathkin Park...I got there with my Dad to a Cup replay before they disappeared. Airdrieonians is still there, cloughie...7th in League 1 just now. I always thought they were Onians who came from Airdrie, whatever Onians are.
        Of course Airdrieonians are still there, the one that disappeared was Meadowbank Thistle when it became Livingstone! But reading wiki and the likes it is not that straightforward as Clydebank and East Stirlingshire have an intertwined history and so do Clydebank and Airdrie Utd so though Airdrieonians are still there it is only because they've been away and come back. Finally on this tour of Scotland ends with Morton, now of course Greenock Morton. I mention them because as a teenager I remember them having a phenominally long unbeaten run and then losing one match and going on another one. (1963-4?).

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Constantbee View Post
          Well, I suppose I had better own up to being the Middlesbrough supporter

Let's hear it for the town that gave us Terylene
          ...and several of what have become very unacceptable, albeit useful, plastic products. The Wednesday v Middlesbrough match this year will go down in the History of the Championship for the sacking of two managers. Middlesbrough wonand Monk was sacked. I think the Owls chairman must have thought that if he's bad we're going to look idiots if week keep Carlos. In the meantime Swansea were problem lining up Monk for a recall, but then for some reason decided Carlos was a better bet. Come May we'll know the truth, or maybe not.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            And tomorrow
            Big match Sainty. Hope you'll be there to cheer on your lads.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Saturday scoreboard

Brighton 0 Chelsea 4 Forum derby,Seagulls 1 win in last 13 league games,Blues unbeaten in 9 league games
              Arsenal 4 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Gunners 4-0 up at the break,Eagles down to 13th
              Burnley 0 Manchester United 1 2nd half winner,3rd straight league win,remain 2nd
              Leicester City 2 Watford 0 1st half pen and a last min 2nd goal
              West Ham United 1 Bournemouth 1 Took the lead on 71 mins,conceded 64 seconds later
              manchester city 3 Newcastle United 1 Forum derby,city 12 points clear at the top,Toon 2 points above the drop zone
              Wolves 0 Nottingham Forest 2 1st defeat in last 14 league games,9 points clear at the top
              Sheffield Wednesday 0 Cardiff City 0 1 win in last 12 league games
              Wimbledon 2 Blackpool 0 Scored in each half,out of the relegation zone
              Bristol Rovers 3 Bradford City 1 Behind at half time,unbeaten in 5 league games
              Coventry City 3 Swindon Town 1 Made sure with an 81st min 3rd,2 points off the top 3
              Notts County 1 Exeter City 2 2-0 up at the break,conceded a 73rd pen,1 point off the top 3
              Fylde 6 Macclesfield Town 0 1st defeat in 12 league games,remain top
              Hartlepool United 0 Wrexham 2 Forum derby,Pool 1 win in last 11 league games,Wrexham unbeaten in 5 league games
              Southport 3 Stockport County 1 Led at half time then fell apart
              York City 2 Spennymoor Town 2 Led twice,remain in 4th place
              Weston-Super-Mare v Chelmsford City was postponed
              Whitehawk 3 Truro City 2 Were 2–1 up at the break,1st defeat in last 6 league games
              Stirling Albion v Edinburgh City was postponed
              Deveronvale v Fort William was postponed
              Dorchester Town 0 Hereford 1 2nd half goal,2 points off the top with 4 games in hand

Scottish Cup 4th round

Aberdeen 4 St Mirren 1 Forum derby,Buddies well beaten,Dons 4-1 up by the 47th min
              Albion Rovers v St Johnstone was postponed
              Dundee 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Led at half time then needed an 87th min equaliser to earn a replay
              Queen of the South 1 Partick Thistle 2 Led at the break,conceded on 55 mins then scored a late winner

Southampton v Tottenham is tomorrow
              Liverpool play on Monday

No games for East Stirlingshire,Queen's Park and Selkirk

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                Saturday scoreboard

Brighton 0 Chelsea 4 Forum derby,Seagulls 1 win in last 13 league games,Blues unbeaten in 9 league games
                Arsenal 4 Crystal Palace 1 Forum derby,Gunners 4-0 up at the break,Eagles down to 13th
                Burnley 0 Manchester United 1 2nd half winner,3rd straight league win,remain 2nd
                Leicester City 2 Watford 0 1st half pen and a last min 2nd goal
                West Ham United 1 Bournemouth 1 Took the lead on 71 mins,conceded 64 seconds later
                manchester city 3 Newcastle United 1 Forum derby,city 12 points clear at the top,Toon 2 points above the drop zone
                Wolves 0 Nottingham Forest 2 1st defeat in last 14 league games,9 points clear at the top
                Sheffield Wednesday 0 Cardiff City 0 1 win in last 12 league games
                Wimbledon 2 Blackpool 0 Scored in each half,out of the relegation zone
                Bristol Rovers 3 Bradford City 1 Behind at half time,unbeaten in 5 league games
                Coventry City 3 Swindon Town 1 Made sure with an 81st min 3rd,2 points off the top 3
                Notts County 1 Exeter City 2 2-0 up at the break,conceded a 73rd pen,1 point off the top 3
                Fylde 6 Macclesfield Town 0 1st defeat in 12 league games,remain top
                Hartlepool United 0 Wrexham 2 Forum derby,Pool 1 win in last 11 league games,Wrexham unbeaten in 5 league games
                Southport 3 Stockport County 1 Led at half time then fell apart
                York City 2 Spennymoor Town 2 Led twice,remain in 4th place
                Weston-Super-Mare v Chelmsford City was postponed
                Whitehawk 3 Truro City 2 Were 2–1 up at the break,1st defeat in last 6 league games
                Stirling Albion v Edinburgh City was postponed
                Deveronvale v Fort William was postponed
                Dorchester Town 0 Hereford 1 2nd half goal,2 points off the top with 4 games in hand

Scottish Cup 4th round

Aberdeen 4 St Mirren 1 Forum derby,Buddies well beaten,Dons 4-1 up by the 47th min
                Albion Rovers v St Johnstone was postponed
                Dundee 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Led at half time then needed an 87th min equaliser to earn a replay
                Queen of the South 1 Partick Thistle 2 Led at the break,conceded on 55 mins then scored a late winner

Southampton v Tottenham is tomorrow
                Liverpool play on Monday

No games for East Stirlingshire,Queen's Park and Selkirk
                Top reporting as ever Rob. Shame about the falling apart at Southport. That's not a derby match is it? Let's get out a map .....

Ah 60 miles apart so probably not. Excuse my ignorance

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Big match Sainty. Hope you'll be there to cheer on your lads.
                  I've had a nasty cold, so like true fans , me and my mate flogged the tix for tomorrow and bought tix for the BHA game on the 31st instead.

That really is a crunch game.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Top reporting as ever Rob. Shame about the falling apart at Southport. That's not a derby match is it? Let's get out a map .....

Nice place for a day out though I don't do away games any more.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Nearly a match for Truro being bundled by the table footers! As for the Owls in our current state stifling Warnock was probably a good result.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Saturday scoreboard

[Scottish Cup 4th round

Never recovered from rubbish start, Rob. Concentrating on the league and the drive for promotion...obviously!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

And finally

Southampton 1 Tottenham 1 Forum derby,Saints scored 1st,winless in 11 league games,Spurs equalised 3 mins after going behind,unbeaten in 6 league games

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

And finally

Southampton 1 Tottenham 1 Forum derby,Saints scored 1st,winless in 11 league games,Spurs equalised 3 mins after going behind,unbeaten in 6 league games
                            Thanks for the weekend reports ER.

just a glimmer of better times for us today. Certainly a point to be happy with.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Well done Sainty. Only one point but a defeat would have been much much worse to state the obvious!

BHA - now there’s a game!

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Well done Sainty. Only one point but a defeat would have been much much worse to state the obvious!

BHA - now there’s a game!
                                Yep, should be a good one to be at.

i think the team has enough ability to get out of this mess. Our midfield must surely be as good as most outside of the top 6. However, the glaring lack of a quality striker, and the loss of last seasons CB pairing are issues that need addressing.
                                We played some good football again today, and didn't capitulate to a very good side.

Saints fans hoping to see Slimani incoming with all that VVD cash lying around.

Comment

Working...
                                X