Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Nice performance from Monsieur Puel's men. All the subs that came on looked good too, I hope this proves a good appointment.

If Sainty is looking in, could he confirm my belief that Claude was pretty good at organising his team for away matches?

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Sunday scores

Brighton 1 Southampton 1 Forum derby,Saints took an early lead,Seagulls equalised early in the 2nd half
      Leicester City 2 Everton 0 Good start for the new manager,back to back league wins
      Thanks ER! Glad Seagulls had a draw! At least it was a point
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Nice performance from Monsieur Puel's men. All the subs that came on looked good too, I hope this proves a good appointment.

If Sainty is looking in, could he confirm my belief that Claude was pretty good at organising his team for away matches?
        We've been pretty well organised at the back for a while now, and Puel's teams were fine in this regard. That said, we have had a really good group of back four players for the last few years. To be honest, I could organise Bertrand, VVD , Font/Yoshi and Cedric into a tidy unit, especially with decent cover in front.

With quick forwards of the quality of Vardy, you should pick up plenty of points. I thought we should have given Puel another season, and our new bloke doesn't seem to be an upgrade, really.

When Puel arrived, he started with a really rigid diamond midfield, which really didn't work with the players we had, but he pretty soon abandoned it.

I'd see CP as a decent safe pair of hands,really.

Thanks to ER for his fine round up.

I missed the Saints welcome point at BHA, as I was at the NFL game at Twickers, watching my team the Browns.First NFL game for me. Lots of fun, I'll definitely go again.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
          • Feb 2012

Well, that's us out of the Checkatrade Trophy, all we need is to lose to Lincoln City on Saturday and that's a hat-trick of Cups we're out of.

Really sad for Neal Ardley, he has always been a hero after that photo of him sitting crying on the pitch when we got relegated from the Premiership at The Dell in 2000, popular assumption was he was the only player who cared (probably unfair, but anyway). I hope he pulls something out of the bag on Saturday but people are expecting us to lose. Some dissatisfaction tonight that we've lost the chance of more prize money that could have helped us in the transfer window in January.

Thanks for your kind words BBM, yes I'll be posting on here again, don't worry :-)

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Great to hear LL!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
              Well, that's us out of the Checkatrade Trophy, all we need is to lose to Lincoln City on Saturday and that's a hat-trick of Cups we're out of.

Really sad for Neal Ardley, he has always been a hero after that photo of him sitting crying on the pitch when we got relegated from the Premiership at The Dell in 2000, popular assumption was he was the only player who cared (probably unfair, but anyway). I hope he pulls something out of the bag on Saturday but people are expecting us to lose. Some dissatisfaction tonight that we've lost the chance of more prize money that could have helped us in the transfer window in January.

Thanks for your kind words BBM, yes I'll be posting on here again, don't worry :-)
              Fingers crossed here for Wimbledon on Sat LL.

Midweek latest

League games

Burnley 1 Newcastle United 0 2nd half goal,1st league defeat in 4 games
              Norwich City 0 Wolves 2 Scored in each half,back on top of the league
              Sheffield Wednesday 2 Millwall 1 Went 2-1 up just before the break,1st league win in 4 games
              Hereford 2 Dunstable Town 0 Both goals in the 2nd half including a pen

Champions League

Roma 3 Chelsea 0 Well beaten,1st defeat for an English side in this season's competition
              Manchester United 2 Benfica 0 An OG and 2 pens,1 saved,100% record in the group
              Tottenham 3 Real Madrid 1 All over by the 65th min,qualified for the last 16
              Liverpool 3 Maribor 0 All the goals in the 2nd half,remain top of the group
              Napoli 2 unmentionables 4 Came back from a goal down,qualified for the last 16

Football League Trophy

Bristol Rovers 1 West Ham United U21s 3
              Wimbledon 1 Luton Town 2

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Oh no! Toon lost to Burnley!! my God!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Latest

Europa League

Arsenal 0 Red Star Belgrade 0 Through to the last 32

FA Cup 1st round

Notts County 4 Bristol Rovers 2 From being 2-0 up after 12 mins

League

Wolves 2 Fulham 0 Both goals in the 1st 26 mins,4 points clear at the top

Busy weekend so the next round up will not be posted until Sunday evening,apologies for that.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

....yer a good man rob....rovers doing the opposite of the unmentionables....an average season....
                    bong ching

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Stoke City 2 Leicester City 2 Led twice,unbeaten in 5 in the league
                      Newcastle United 0 Bournemouth 1 Forum derby,Cherries last min goal and out of the bottom 3,Toon 2nd 1-0 defeat in a week
                      Southampton 0 Burnley 1 Conceded a late goal,down to 13th
                      Swansea City 0 Brighton 1 1st half winner,unbeaten in 4 league games
                      West Ham United 1 Liverpool 4 Scored twice in each half,back to back league wins
                      Tottenham 1 Crystal Palace 0 Forum derby,goal on 64 mins,Spurs won 5 of last 6 league games,Eagles just 4 points and goals all season
                      unmentionables 3 Arsenal 1 Forum derby,home team 9th straight league win,Gunners slip to 6th
                      Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0 Forum derby,goal on 55 mins,Blues 3 league wins in a row,Reds 1 league win in last 4
                      St Johnstone 0 Celtic 4 1 point from last 6 league games
                      Hamilton Academical 2 Aberdeen 2 Equalised 2 mins after going 2-1 behind
                      Rangers 3 Partick Thistle 0 Conceded the goals in the 1st 47 mins
                      Aston Villa 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2 2-0 up at half time,back to back league wins
                      Stockport County 4 FC United of Manchester 1 Led 3-0 at half time,scored a 2nd half pen
                      York City 2 Curzon Ashton 1 Held on after being 2-0 up at the break
                      Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Conceded in each half,late consolation,top on goal diff
                      Livingston 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Unbeaten in 5 league games
                      Stranraer 3 Queen's Park 0 Back to back league defeats,now bottom of the table
                      Edinburgh City 1 Stirling Albion 2 Took a 1st half lead,5th consecutive league defeat
                      Fort William v Buckie Thistle was postponed
                      Selkirk 0 East Stirlingshire 3 Forum derby,no details

FA Cup 1st round

Wimbledon 1 Lincoln City 0 Scored on 7 mins
                      Forest Green Rovers 1 Macclesfield Town 0 Conceded just before half time
                      Gateshead 2 Chelmsford City 0 Conceded the goals in 4 1st half mins
                      Hereford 1 Telford United 0 Scored after the visitors were reduced to 10 men
                      Morecambe 3 Hartlepool United 0 Still in it until conceding a 2nd on 67 mins
                      Charlton Athletic 3 Truro City 1 Pulled 1 back when 2-0 down
                      Coventry City 2 Maidenhead United 0 Both goals in 10 1st half mins
                      Exeter City 3 Heybridge Swifts 1 All the goals in the 2nd half

No game for Wrexham
                      Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 11-11-17, 23:00.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

The Toon loosing to Bournemouth now!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          Stoke City 2 Leicester City 2 Led twice,unbeaten in 5 in the league
                          Newcastle United 0 Bournemouth 1 Forum derby,Cherries last min goal and out of the bottom 3,Toon 2nd 1-0 defeat in a week
                          Southampton 0 Burnley 1 Conceded a late goal,down to 13th
                          Swansea City 0 Brighton 1 1st half winner,unbeaten in 4 league games
                          West Ham United 1 Liverpool 4 Scored twice in each half,back to back league wins
                          Tottenham 1 Crystal Palace 0 Forum derby,goal on 64 mins,Spurs won 5 of last 6 league games,Eagles just 4 points and goals all season
                          unmentionables 3 Arsenal 1 Forum derby,home team 9th straight league win,Gunners slip to 6th
                          Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0 Forum derby,goal on 55 mins,Blues 3 league wins in a row,Reds 1 league win in last 4
                          St Johnstone 0 Celtic 4 1 point from last 6 league games
                          Hamilton Academical 2 Aberdeen 2 Equalised 2 mins after going 2-1 behind
                          Rangers 3 Partick Thistle 0 Conceded the goals in the 1st 47 mins
                          Aston Villa 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2 2-0 up at half time,back to back league wins
                          Stockport County 4 FC United of Manchester 1 Led 3-0 at half time,scored a 2nd half pen
                          York City 2 Curzon Ashton 1 Held on after being 2-0 up at the break
                          Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Conceded in each half,late consolation,top on goal diff
                          Livingston 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Unbeaten in 5 league games
                          Stranraer 3 Queen's Park 0 Back to back league defeats,now bottom of the table
                          Edinburgh City 1 Stirling Albion 2 Took a 1st half lead,5th consecutive league defeat
                          Fort William v Buckie Thistle was postponed
                          Selkirk 0 East Stirlingshire 3 Forum derby,no details

FA Cup 1st round

Wimbledon 1 Lincoln City 0 Scored on 7 mins
                          Forest Green Rovers 1 Macclesfield Town 0 Conceded just before half time
                          Gateshead 2 Chelmsford City Conceded the goals in 4 1st half mins
                          Hereford 1 Telford United 0 Scored after the visitors were reduced to 10 men
                          Morecambe 3 Hartlepool United 0 Still in it until conceding a 2nd on 67 mins
                          Charlton Athletic 3 Truro City 1 Pulled 1 back when 2-0 down
                          Coventry City 2 Maidenhead United 0 Both goals in 10 1st half mins
                          Exeter City 3 Heybridge Swifts 1 All the goals in the 2nd half

No game for Wrexham
                          Thanks for the. Round up ER, brilliant stuff as ever.
                          Saints heading into a tough set of fixtures in poor form, and goals in extremely short supply.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Thank you for the great round-up, Rob. The Buddies have been suffering from a spot of vertigo, I reckon. Still you have to laugh...I think. This one will run and run!
                            Mainz keeper Robin Zentner gets away with one of the biggest bloopers you'll see this season during his side's Bundesliga clash with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Thank you for the great round-up, Rob. The Buddies have been suffering from a spot of vertigo, I reckon. Still you have to laugh...I think. This one will run and run!
                              Mainz keeper Robin Zentner gets away with one of the biggest bloopers you'll see this season during his side's Bundesliga clash with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Latest

Football League Trophy

Morecambe 2 Leicester City U21s 2 Foxes Lost on pens
                              Stevenage 3 Brighton U21s 1
                              Northampton Town 3 Southampton U21s 3 Saints Lost on pens
                              Oldham Athletic 4 Newcastle United U21s 1
                              Coventry City 2 West Brom U21s 1
                              Bristol Rovers 2 Swindon Town 4

League

Chester 0 Wrexham 1 Scored just before half time,up to 2nd

I like this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41931184

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post

Magic.
                                Would have been perfect in the old Spot the Ball competitions. ( this weeks jackpot £1000.......)

Comment

Working...
                                X