X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Goal of the season contender from Boufal, I reckon.
    Definitely, ts, belter! No doubt, however, about prize for penalty of the year(century)...a totally new spin on the art of the spot kick.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....now Everton could really go downhill....
      Mrs Rafa and the kids live on Merseyside ......

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Everton have been sliding for weeks. And judging by Sunday, closely followed by LFC.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
          Everton have been sliding for weeks. And judging by Sunday, closely followed by LFC.
          So Rafa back to Anfield ..... ?????

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            So Rafa back to Anfield ..... ?????
            ...Goodison?

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Who's your choice for manager, Alison?
              Quite fancy Dychey. Or bring back Pearson!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                Have to agree bbm .... and Huddersfield .... but it's a long old season ........
                I''m not the only one who has two teams they support!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Latest

Claude Puel in at Leicester,didn't see that coming.

League

Aberdeen 0 Celtic 3 0-2 down by half time,1st league defeat of the season
                  Hamilton Academical 0 Partick Thistle 0 Moved off the bottom of the table,if only for 24 hours
                  St Johnstone 0 Ross County 0 1 point from last 4 league games
                  Fylde 2 Wrexham 0 Conceded in each half,1st defeat in last 12 league games
                  Dagenham and Redbridge 1 Macclesfield Town 0 Conceded just after half time,2nd on goal diff
                  Hartlepool United 1 Tranmere Rovers 1 Took the lead on 50 mins,conceded 7 mins later
                  Tiverton Town 2 Hereford 2 Led twice,conceded the 2nd equaliser on 84 mins
                  Fort William v Nairn County was postponed which is probably just as well

League Cup 4th round

Arsenal 2 Norwich City 1 Went behind,scored a late equaliser,won it in extra time
                  Bournemouth 3 Middlesbrough 1 All the goals in the 2nd half,won it with 2 in the last 15 mins
                  Bristol City 4 Crystal Palace 1 Took the lead then conceded 4 in 32 mins
                  Chelsea 2 Everton 1 Scored the 2nd on 92 mins then conceded 2 mins later
                  Leicester City 3 Leeds United 1 Level 1-1 at the break,scored twice in the last 20 mins
                  unmentionables 0 Wolves 0 Forum derby,home team through on pens
                  Swansea City 0 Manchester United 2 Straightforward win,scored in each half
                  Tottenham 2 West Ham United 3 Led 2-0 at the break then conceded 3 in 15 mins

Football League Trophy

Bradford City 2 unmentionables U21s 1
                  Yeovil Town 1 Chelsea U21s 1 Lost on pens

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    St Johnstone 0 Ross County 0 1 point from last 4 league games
                    ...and the Perth Saints have failed to score in those 4 games, Rob. I think it's one of those blips that the real Saints usually experience. (though not at the moment )

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                      • Feb 2012

England Under-17 World Champs! Well done you lads, so gutsy to come back from 2-0 down to beat Spain 5-2, really inspirational for all of us! Such an entertaining match too -- lots of attacking play, more fluent than the senior team, can't believe they're all so young. even at 2-0 down you could tell they hadn't given up, lots of energy, intelligence and fight there.

Thank God forFoR3, I chickened out of posting this on my own club's chat site, we lost 1-0 today, one place above the relegation spots, manager perilously close to being let go, so it's not seen as terribly good form to be celebrating (at least they can't see me punching the air though!).
                      Last edited by Lancashire Lass; 28-10-17, 18:17. Reason: adding extra word

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
                        England Under-17 World Champs! Well done you lads, so gutsy to come back from 2-0 down to beat Spain 5-2, really inspirational for all of us! Such an entertaining match too -- lots of attacking play, more fluent than the senior team, can't believe they're all so young. even at 2-0 down you could tell they hadn't given up, lots of energy, intelligence and fight there.

Thank God forFoR3, I chickened out of posting this on my own club's chat site, we lost 1-0 today, one place above the relegation spots, manager perilously close to being let go, so it's not seen as terribly good form to be celebrating (at least they can't see me punching the air though!).

Were've you bin LL ? not heard from you for ages.
                        Did you not even punch the air at the Bristol Rovers result?

Manchester United 1 Tottenham 0 Forum derby,late goal,Reds 2nd Spurs 3rd
                        Arsenal 2 Swansea City 1 Behind at half time,back to back league wins
                        Crystal Palace 2 West Ham United 2 From 0-2 down at half time,late equaliser
                        Liverpool 3 Huddersfield Town 0 Scored 3 in 25 2nd half mins
                        West Brom 2 unmentionables 3 Managed to hang on after being 3-1 up
                        Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 1 Forum derby,goal just after half time,Blues back to back league wins,Cherries 19th
                        Aberdeen 2 Ross County 1 Won it with a 2nd half pen,2nd
                        Partick Thistle 1 St Johnstone 0 Forum derby,1st half goal,Jags 7 points out of last 3 league games,Perth Saints lost 4 of last 5
                        Sheffield Wednesday 1 Barnsley 1 Led at the break,1 point from last 3 league games
                        QPR 2 Wolves 1 Lost it on 81 mins,now in 2nd
                        Bristol Rovers 2 plastic dons 0 Both goals in the 2nd half,mid table
                        Charlton Athletic 1 Wimbledon 0 Conceded in the 2nd half,back to back defeats
                        Luton Town 0 Coventry City 3 Scored 2 added time,1st league win in last 5 games
                        Mansfield Town 1 Exeter City 1 Behind at the break,late equaliser
                        Macclesfield Town 1 Eastleigh 2 Conceded either side of half time,2nd
                        Torquay United 0 Hartlepool United 2 730 mile round trip,both goals in the 2nd half
                        Wrexham 2 Leyton Orient 2 Led twice,remain in 3rd
                        Stockport County 1 Kidderminster Harriers 2 Led at half time,lost it on 90 mins
                        York City 2 Tamworth 3 Got back to 2-2 from 0-2 then lost it on 90 mins
                        Chippenham Town 3 Chelmsford City 2 Got back to 2-2 from 2-0 then lost it in 90 mins,3rd
                        Truro City 1 Bognor Regis Town 1 Took the lead on 12 mins,1-1 by half time,6th
                        Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Dunfermline 0 1st half winner,unbeaten in 4 league games
                        St Mirren 2 Greenock Morton 2 Led twice,all the goals in 13 2nd half mins
                        Queen's Park 0 Alloa Athletic 4 Well beaten,2nd bottom
                        Montrose 1 Edinburgh City 0 Conceded on the hour,4th consecutive league defeat
                        Fort William v Wick Academy was postponed
                        East Stirlingshire 0 Gretna 1 Can't find any details
                        Selkirk 1 East Kilbride 4 ditto

FA Trophy qualifying

Hereford 4 Weymouth 1 again no details

Brighton,Southampton and Leicester play tomorrow
                        Newcastle play on Monday

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                          • Feb 2012

Were've you bin LL ? not heard from you for ages.
                          Did you not even punch the air at the Bristol Rovers result?
                          Ah, thanks Rob :-) Yes, I still post on the music threads, just tend to lurk on here though. I've only been to one game this season (Rochdale), on someone else's season ticket. I've had major expenses over the summer and £18 is a bit much to pay for a goalless draw (v. Rochdale) when you're in a profession like freelance journalism. Hope to be more solvent in the New Year, might be able to make the odd away match with my mates (much more fun).

Of course, Kingsmeadow doesn't get any less of a pain to get to. Hope to go more often when we're back at Plough Lane since I live nearby, but there seems to be a bit of a hold-up around the section 106 agreement. The hoardings are up around the greyhound stadium, though.

And yes thanks, I did punch the air when I saw the Rovers result. Just didn't want to sound like a moaner. You'd be amazed at the number of hardcore Wimbledon fans who think we should stop hating the Frannies and move on ... I tell them I don't waste energy hating the scum, I just keep it in a little box to be brought our for occasions like today.

Hope to play County at some point, then we might meet!

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Barnsley 1 Led at the break,1 point from last 3 league games
                            The season is slipping away from us. One of the best squads in the Championship but we're not delivering. Blades topping the table is embarrassing. Carlos has done a great job for us but maybe we need some different ideas. What are Nigel and Craig's plans at the moment?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Great to see you hear LL. Hope to see you here more often!

Well done to England's U17 team! Hope for us yet?
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Sunday scores

Brighton 1 Southampton 1 Forum derby,Saints took an early lead,Seagulls equalised early in the 2nd half
                                Leicester City 2 Everton 0 Good start for the new manager,back to back league wins

Comment

Working...
                                X