X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Left ourselves just too much to do after their awful start in the tournament, cloughie; or after losing that late Kane goal v England, 3 points which would have had us home and dry. Such is life...we need a Challenge Cup or something to keep us occupied for the next couple of years.
    Bad luck JC. At least you were in contention, which hasn't always been the case. Hopefully WGS can get you over the line for the Euros.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Friday

League

St Johnstone 0 Rangers 3 Red card on 71 mins,back to back league defeats

Scottish Cup 2nd round

Edinburgh City 0 Stenhousemuir 1

Saturday

Liverpool 0 Manchester United 0 Forum derby,Pool dominated for long periods,Utd top for 2 hours
      Crystal Palace 2 Chelsea 1 Forum derby,all the goals in the 1st half,Eagles 1st league win and goals,Blues back to back league defeats
      unmentionables 7 (SEVEN) Stoke City 2 Just shaded it,top by 2 points
      Tottenham 1 Bournemouth 0 Forum derby,Spurs scored just after the break,Cherries 1 point from last 3 league games
      Watford 2 Arsenal 1 Led at the break,conceded a pen and a last min 2nd
      Hibernian 0 Aberdeen 1 1st half winner,remain unbeaten in the league this season
      Partick Thistle 0 Kilmarnock 2 Conceded in each half,15 league games without a win
      Bolton Wanderers 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Lost to the bottom side,1 win in last 5 league games
      Wolves 2 Aston Villa 0 Scored twice in the 2nd half to go top of the league
      Bristol Rovers 0 Oxford United 1 Conceded the goal with 8 mins left,remain mid table
      Northampton Town 0 Wimbledon 1 Scored on 61 mins,1st win in 5 league games
      Accrington Stanley 1 Coventry City 0 Conceded the goal on 14 mins,in the play off spots
      Wycombe Wanderers 0 Exeter City 0 Unbeaten in 3 league games,2nd on goal diff
      Leamington 2 York City 2 Were 2-0 up then conceded 2 in the last 5 mins
      Stockport County 1 Blyth Spartans 3 Took the lead with a pen,conceded 2 in the last 2 mins
      Dumbarton 0 St Mirren 2 Scored in each half,3rd straight league win,3 points clear at the top
      Falkirk 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 2 points from last 5 league games
      Queen's Park 1 Forfar Athletic 1 Scored a last min equaliser after going behind to a pen
      Fort William 1 Inverurie Loco Works 5 At least they scored,just 1 point all season

Struggling to find goal times and reports for some the following games -

FA Cup 4th qualifying round

Bath City 0 Chelmsford City 0
      Eastleigh 1 Hereford 2 Were 2-0 at half time v the National League side
      Fylde 1 Wrexham 0 Conceded in the 1st half
      Hampton & Richmond 0 Truro City 2
      South Shields 1 Hartlepool United 2
      Stourbridge 0 Macclesfield Town 5

Scottish Cup 2nd round

Banks O'Dee 2 Selkirk 0
      Formantine United 4 East Stirlingshire 0

Brighton,Southampton and Newcastle play onSunday
      Leicester play on Monday

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Sunday scores

Brighton 1 Everton 1 Took the lead on 82 mins,conceded a last min pen
        Southampton 2 Newcastle United 2 Forum derby,Toon led twice,Saints 2nd equaliser came via a pen

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for your weekend round ups, ER.

Much appreciated.

Didn't go today, but it was on Sky. Saints are a shambles at the moment,considering the talent in the squad.A point is better than nothing though. Self evidently.

At least we had a couple of goals to cheer for a change.

Watched the second half of the Man Utd game yesterday. They are such a typical JM side now, rather sad to see. I Like to see United teams playing with flair, not niggling and boring their way through games.
          Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Another abysmal performance from the Owls but great win for Truro City. White Tigers in the first round proper - hopefully a good home tie against a fallen giant!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post

Further to my comment on Vardy which turned out to be spot on - Lukaku, Ritchie, Atsu etc......these people are "injured" for internationals and will be as right as rain next Saturday.[/I]
              And sure enough, Lukaku, Ritchie and Atsu all played.

Shocking weekend of football - Arsenal loss, a last minute goal, a non-penalty; York City - two up before conceding two; and a horrifying low score in fantasy football.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
                And sure enough, Lukaku, Ritchie and Atsu all played.

Shocking weekend of football - Arsenal loss, a last minute goal, a non-penalty; York City - two up before conceding two; and a horrifying low score in fantasy football.
                Same here,Arsenal,Sheffield Wednesday and Bradford City defeats blew my Saturday accumulator out of the water

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  White Tigers in the first round proper - hopefully a good home tie against a fallen giant!
                  I suppose Charlton are a fallen giant of sorts,but away.
                  Hereford home to Telford (could have been us going there if things had worked out differently),Chelmsford at Gateshead if they win the replay.

This evening

Leicester City 1 West Brom 1 Late equaliser,just 1 league win this season,in the bottom 3

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Strong rumours on the internet that Mr Mourinho is quite keen on a move to Paris St Germain.

This is a late acquisition of the Guardiola Principle:

Only ever manage clubs which would win League competitions even if a monkey was in charge.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      I suppose Charlton are a fallen giant of sorts,but away.
                      Hereford home to Telford (could have been us going there if things had worked out differently),Chelmsford at Gateshead if they win the replay.

This evening

Leicester City 1 West Brom 1 Late equaliser,just 1 league win this season,in the bottom 3
                      On Spotlight (BBC SW News) this evening the City team seem delighted with the draw - a chance against one of the bigger boys on a bigger pitch - a side that won the cup as recently as 70 years ago! And the Prem 10 years ago!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

Congratulations to the Toon Army on the news that Mike Ashley is leaving.

The best thing since the "sad" loss of Wonga.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                          Friday

Dumbarton 0 St Mirren 2 Scored in each half,3rd straight league win,3 points clear at the top

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Forum news

Leicester looking for a new manager again !!!

Forum sides are top of 5 of the Champions League groups

FA Cup 4th qualifying round

Chelmsford City 1 Bath City 0 Scored just after the break,Gateshead away in the 1st round proper

Champions League

Maribor 0 Liverpool 7 (SEVEN) Recorded the biggest ever European Cup away win for an English club
                            unmentionables 2 Napoli 1 Scored twice in the 1st 13 mins,visitors scored a pen and had one saved
                            Real Madrid 1 Tottenham 1 Took the lead with an OG,conceded via a pen just before the break
                            Benfica 0 Manchester United 1 Sealed the win with a bizarre goal on 64 mins when the Benfica keeper carried the ball over the line
                            Chelsea 3 Roma 3 Needed a 75th min equaliser to secure a point after leading 2-1 at half time

League

Wimbledon 3 Rotherham United 1 Scored 2 in the last 5 mins after conceding an equaliser on 70 mins
                            Shrewsbury Town 4 Bristol Rovers 0 Conceded all the goals before half time,back to back league defeats
                            Coventry City 0 Forest Green Rovers 1 Conceded the goal on the hour,back to back defeats
                            Exeter City 1 Luton Town 4 Conceded 3 in 10 2nd half mins after being Level 1-1 at the break

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Latest

Europa League

Red Star Belgrade 0 Arsenal 1 (Thursday) Late winner after hosts were reduced to 10 men,100% record

League

Hereford 0 Farnborough Town 1 (Tuesday) Conceded early in the 2nd half,2nd league defeat of the season
                              West Ham United 0 Brighton 3 (Tonight) Led 2-0 at half time,1st away win of the season

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

go seagulls!!!!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X