Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....stupid, stupid, stupid....you know what I'm writing about....(or should I say 'whiting about'....)
    bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

A quick midweek round up, as ER is probably still unpacking his holiday gear.
      Tuesday
      Man Utd 3 Basel 0. Disappointing 3 goal win according to TSO.
      Chelseas 6 Qarabag 0

Owls 2 Brentford 1. Into the playoff places.
      Wolves 3 Bristol City 3. Late point rescued.
      AFC Wimbledon 1 Gills 1.
      Coventry 2 Port Vale 0
      Barnet 1 Exeter 2
      Macclesfield 3 Fylde 1
      Wrexham 0 Hartlepool 0
      Telford 3 Stockport County 2 No comment
      York 1 Gainsborough 1
      Truro 1 Chippenham 0
      Wednesday
      Liverpool 2 Sevilla 2
      Feynoord 0 Unmentionables an unmentionable number greater than 3
      Forres Mechanics 4 Fort William 1. Welcome return to form for the Fort……….

Apologies for any teleprinter failures…..
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        A quick midweek round up, as ER is probably still unpacking his holiday gear.
        Tuesday
        Man Utd 3 Basel 0. Disappointing 3 goal win according to TSO.
        Chelseas 6 Qarabag 0

Owls 2 Brentford 1. Into the playoff places.
        Wolves 3 Bristol City 3. Late point rescued.
        AFC Wimbledon 1 Gills 1.
        Coventry 2 Port Vale 0
        Barnet 1 Exeter 2
        Macclesfield 3 Fylde 1
        Wrexham 0 Hartlepool 0
        Telford 3 Stockport County 2 No comment
        York 1 Gainsborough 1
        Truro 1 Chippenham 0
        Wednesday
        Liverpool 2 Sevilla 2
        Feynoord 0 Unmentionables an unmentionable number greater than 3
        Forres Mechanics 4 Fort William 1. Welcome return to form for the Fort……….

Apologies for any teleprinter failures…..
        Many thanks for a terrific job ts

I'm wondering (have been for a while)if there's enough interest to keep this results thing going.
        The few comments seems out of proportion to the ever increasing list of teams.
        More than happy to carry on if our little band so wish.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

I'm wondering (have been for a while)if there's enough interest to keep this results thing going.

....too much to think about.... what with brexit, and ff's - Spexit....as far as the Gas go, I can almost guess over the course of a year what the over all result will be....
          bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

I appreciate what you are doing, edge, and hope you'll continue as long as you are happy to do it.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              I appreciate what you are doing, edge, and hope you'll continue as long as you are happy to do it.
              I'm in agreement with cloughie, Rob, but I realise it's a hard task. I'd miss you if you weren't there at the weekend - it gives me consolation in defeat...not that we're getting beat too much at the moment, and long may that continue.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

....Oh yes....but we don't want Roy Hodgeson taking it over....jeez....
                bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Hope you do carry on ER - might be worth asking everyone to reconfirm their allegiance(s) to possibly cut down the workload a bit .....

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                    ...but I'll settle for ts as assistant! Particularly after the points yield he's got us in edge's absence.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

...but I'll settle for ts as assistant! Particularly after the points yield he's got us in edge's absence.
                      Almost enough to help you catch the Blunts eh? I don't suppose you see it this way, but its good to see Billy back in the Championship and scoring goals.

Didn't you meet them in the playoffs, or was it a cup semi once ?

Anyway,pleased to have got you a 6 point haul.

I think, FWIW, we should stick to the teams that anubody is really interested in, which is in truth about ten. I always look forward to Rob's individual take on the games, and enjoy taking the holiday shift, but it does take a fair old while to do, and completely understand if ER decides to take a break from the results service.

But if he carries on, I think we should adopt Fort William as a board team. They need all the help they can get......
                      Last edited by teamsaint; 14-09-17, 21:17.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Almost enough to help you catch the Blunts eh? I don't suppose you see it this way, but its good to see Billy back in the Championship and scoring goals.

Didn't you meet them in the playoffs, or was it a cup semi once ?

Anyway,pleased to have got you a 6 point haul.

I think, FWIW, we should stick to the teams that anubody is really interested in, which is in truth about ten. INalways look forward to Rob's individual take on the games, and enjoy taking the holiday shift, but it does take a fair old while to do, and completely understand if ER decides to take a break from the results service.

But if he carries on, I think we should adopt Fort William as a board team. They need all the help they can get......
                        ts, I think the board teams have a unique spread right down the pyramid. As to the Owls- four matches coming, three of which against the current top 3 - 10 to 12 points from these could propel us into the top two, and demonstrate whether we can do the biz!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

ts, I think the board teams have a unique spread right down the pyramid. As to the Owls- four matches coming, three of which against the current top 3 - 10 to 12 points from these could propel us into the top two, and demonstrate whether we can do the biz!
                          I certainly enjoy keeping up with events on the National league North, ( although it would be good to see Stockport moving up the pyramid a bit)and seeing how Truro are doing. I think if they could get into League 2, support would be very strong.

Just for clarity,I did of course mean teams that regular board contributors are interested in.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks guys,you're all very kind.
                            I do enjoy following our bunch of teams (except one )so I'll carry on.
                            As ts says it can be time consuming,especially trying to find info on anything below conference and Scottish div 2.
                            Maybe we can review the number of teams at the end of the season

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              Just told him I'm staying 8o

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Good news that you're carrying on Edge.

I like the extra burst of glory on the forum after a win while there seems to be consolation on hand after defeat.

The Foxes are my first love so feel free to drop off CC if it helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X