Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Forum team St Johnstone out of Europe already,losing 3-1 on aggregate to FK Trakai,to complete a miserable week for Scottish teams in the Europa League

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Forum team St Johnstone out of Europe already,losing 3-1 on aggregate to FK Trakai,to complete a miserable week for Scottish teams in the Europa League
      Actually, ER, I found the Rangers' exit a total laugh...their Manager was talking of success in the group stages. Sorry about the kid-on Saints, mind you.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Europa Leage qualifying,1st leg

Aberdeen 1 Siroki Brijeg 1

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Scottish success continues unabated, Rob.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Scottish success continues unabated, Rob.
            and Celtic won tonight too.

I see your boys are in league Cup action tomorrow John

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Scottish League Cup
              (Not sure how this works,teams in groups and penalty shoot outs)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 Brechin City 0
              Queen's Park 1 Motherwell 5
              Livingston 1 Partick Thistle 1 Jags lost 3-1 on pens
              Stranraer 1 St Mirren 4

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

More Scottish League Cup,it'll be over before the season starts at this rate.

Stirling Albion 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Caley won 2-0 on pens
                Edinburgh City 2 Berwick Rangers 2 City won 4-2 on pens
                Greenock Morton 2 Queen's Park 2 QP lost 4-2 on pens
                St Mirren 0 Livingston 1

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

And there was me assuming the Buddies would be able to bask in their Stranraer glory for at least three weeks!

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Meanwhile in Europe, an amazing success story for a small Swedish outfit run by Ex Saint ( well ex quite a few teams actually, but he played in our 6-3 win over Man Utd) Graham Potter.

Graham Potter's Ostersunds side are on the brink of pulling off one of the greatest European upsets when they travel to Galatasaray. Sportsmail gives you the lowdown on the English boss.

They won 3-1 on aggregate. What a fantastic achievement.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Great story ts

2nd leg

Siroki Brijeg 0 Aberdeen 2 Dons through 3-1 on aggregate

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Any noteworthy transfer ins or outs at Stockport, Edge??

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Any noteworthy transfer ins or outs at Stockport, Edge??
                          No household names chuck but a few incoming.
                          Salford City have gone full time and we have inherited a couple of players from them who want to remain semi pro.
                          An exciting looking winger from Tranmere and a goal machine from the Welsh league.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

No household names chuck but a few incoming.
                            Salford City have gone full time and we have inherited a couple of players from them who want to remain semi pro.
                            An exciting looking winger from Tranmere and a goal machine from the Welsh league.
                            You know edge I always thought it was a shame that the Class of '92 didn't take on the revival of County instead of starting further back with Salford. Surely you had a better ground to start on.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              You know edge I always thought it was a shame that the Class of '92 didn't take on the revival of County instead of starting further back with Salford. Surely you had a better ground to start on.
                              Yes I think so.
                              Be interesting to see how they cope with the change to full time football

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                                • Aug 2015

Have joined up with fantasy football again but the start as always is difficult. Palace look to have great fixtures but got off to a lousy start in pre season - still mulling over Benteke, Zaha, new boy Loftus Cheek and the defender that the system hasn't recognized yet. At Man Utd, Lukaku obviously in many ways but adjustment and all that and the lack of hat tracks? Rashford alongside? Perhaps. Mourinho chops and changes, especially in defence. There's a new guy there too - taken by 17% - but what the betting a Smalling doesn't play more?

As for assists. Mata is the obvious but injured which leaves Pogba and Herrera. City - we think Sterling is underrated. But to Jesus or Aguero? Only the good lord knows. Liverpool is so overwhelmed by riches that no one is guaranteed a constant placing - - even Coutinho. Spurs - who could not say yes to Kane, Alli and Eriksen except the early games are not especially easy and could Alli surprisingly bomb like last season's Mahrez? What of Mahrez now? Not happy but a revival? Chelsea now have a new forward but success fatigue? Hazard is injured.

Might just be the time for Willian and Pablo to shine. The Gunners? Much depends on Lacazette as the future of Sanchez is so questionable. Elsewhere we like McCauley - injured - on balance the West Brommers should be in goal - and Mawson of Swansea in defence and there may just be something to be said for Ramsey in midfield. Southampton have a good lead in but what price really for Redmond and Tadic and even Gabbiadini or Austin upfront? Like Ritchie for Newcastle but he is injured and Dummett is ok in defence. Have to have someone from the Toon. Dunk for Brighton? Also, quite like Huddersfield's Mooy. Bournemouth's Josh King or Defoe might be worth a punt. Everton have a lousy start and can Rooney really deliver? How often will Holgate be played at 4.5? Apologies for not having every name here or indeed the names included correctly written but I am too tired to do my usual checking.

Yeah, yeah....I've done it now - it's Riedewald, Lindelof and Morata respectively!
                                Last edited by Lat-Literal; 22-07-17, 00:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X