• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Bloody Norah! Tomorrow is huge!!!

But why Sunday? It’s so continental. In Britain football takes place at 3.00pm when Saturday comes.
    Quite. This moving around of fixtures has unpleasant Undertones.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

I thought The Seagulls & The Toon's promotions were all handed out?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Quite. This moving around of fixtures has unpleasant Undertones.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          Those are, yes, but much is undecided - especially in the Premiership - and this season seems to be peculiarly long.

We'll have to wait until Thursday before safely declaring we will largely know where we all are on Wednesday Week.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
            Those are, yes, but much is undecided - especially in the Premiership - and this season seems to be peculiarly long.

We'll have to wait until Thursday before safely declaring we will largely know where we all are on Wednesday Week.
            You seem to know when Its Going to Happen,Lat.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              You seem to know when Its Going to Happen,Lat.

Weird that Man Utd with all their money had only 16 players (the minimum) available but then I never understood why Mr Wenger had just one striker for three seasons.

Elsewhere, fascinating shenanigans at Leyton Orient FC where the game only just went ahead - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39676226.

Some York fans are pinning their hopes on staying up if the Os are folded. It would mean one less club dropping down into the National League.

But the London club have now paid the HMRC if not everyone so it seems unlikely although what occurred on the pitch will not have helped them.
              Last edited by Lat-Literal; 30-04-17, 15:14.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Yep BBM they are both promoted but either side can still win the title.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Another season drawing to a close

Manchester United 1 Swansea City 1 Took the lead right on half time with a pen,conceded on 79 mins,unbeaten in 25 league games,1 point outside the top 4
                  Everton 0 Chelsea 3 Straightforward win,all 3 goals in 20 2nd half mins,back to back wins,remain top by 4 points
                  Middlesbrough 2 unmentionables 2 Came from behind twice but dropped points v the relegation threatened side,remain in 4th
                  Tottenham 2 Arsenal 0 Forum derby,both goals in 4 2nd half mins,Spurs with 9 league wins in a row are 2nd,Gunners are 6th and will finish below their rivals
                  Wimbledon 0 Oldham Athletic 0 Disappointing end to the season,6th consecutive game without a goal,ended the campaign in 15th place
                  Bristol Rovers 3 Millwall 4 Came back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to be 3-3 on 74 mins only to lose it with 5 mins left,ended the season 7 points outside the play offs in 10th
                  Scunthorpe 3 Coventry City 1 Led at the break but fell apart in the 2nd half including conceding 2 goals in the last 6 mins,ended the season 2nd bottom

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    Another season drawing to a close

Manchester United 1 Swansea City 1 Took the lead right on half time with a pen,conceded on 79 mins,unbeaten in 25 league games,1 point outside the top 4
                    Everton 0 Chelsea 3 Straightforward win,all 3 goals in 20 2nd half mins,back to back wins,remain top by 4 points
                    Middlesbrough 2 unmentionables 2 Came from behind twice but dropped points v the relegation threatened side,remain in 4th
                    Tottenham 2 Arsenal 0 Forum derby,both goals in 4 2nd half mins,Spurs with 9 league wins in a row are 2nd,Gunners are 6th and will finish below their rivals
                    Wimbledon 0 Oldham Athletic 0 Disappointing end to the season,6th consecutive game without a goal,ended the campaign in 15th place
                    Bristol Rovers 3 Millwall 4 Came back from 2-0 and 3-1 down to be 3-3 on 74 mins only to lose it with 5 mins left,ended the season 7 points outside the play offs in 10th
                    Scunthorpe 3 Coventry City 1 Led at the break but fell apart in the 2nd half including conceding 2 goals in the last 6 mins,ended the season 2nd bottom
                    Yes.

Not the best of weekends.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Watford 0 Liverpool 1 Stunning winner in 1st half added time,top 4 finish in their own hands with 3 games left.

Bit of advanced warning if you're looking in ts,I am on holiday for a week from 8th May,would be appreciated if you could take care of business to save me having to get off my sun bed.
                      Will just be Premier League,Europa and some play offs I think,everything else will be done and dusted by this weekend.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Watford 0 Liverpool 1 Stunning winner in 1st half added time,top 4 finish in their own hands with 3 games left.

Bit of advanced warning if you're looking in ts,I am on holiday for a week from 8th May,would be appreciated if you could take care of business to save me having to get off my sun bed.
                        Will just be Premier League,Europa and some play offs I think,everything else will be done and dusted this weekend.
                        Oh lord forbid that you should have to stop sunning yourself, in the cause of the beautiful game !!

Anyway happy to stand in of course,especially at a time when most of our vast roster of teams are on their hols too.

You get loading your ipod up,I'll check the schedules of upcoming games. Have a great holiday next week.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Will just be Premier League,Europa and some play offs I think,everything else will be done and dusted by this weekend.
                          A very important week for one of the forum teams. Have a good holiday, the Green 'un in good hands with ts!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks ts and cloughie

Conference south play off semi final 1st leg

Chelmsford City 0 Dartford 0 2nd leg on Sunday

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Latest

Inter Cities Fairs Cup semi final 1st leg

Celta Vigo 0 Manchester United 1 2nd half free kick provided the precious away goal

League

West Ham 1 Tottenham 0 Conceded the goal on 65 mins,remain 2nd but Chelsea play twice before Spurs play again and could win the title by then

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Please win today!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X