X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Thanks for a sterling weekend's reporting ER. Much appreciated, and much easier than following the BBC site.

Well done BBM, some deserved good news for you. Looking forward to a couple of feisty clashes with BHA next season, always just the right amount of edge in these games.

Three South coast teams in the PL next season must surely be a first .

Stockport need a big slice of luck now. Lets hope they get it.

Worrying time for Hartlepool. dreadful result today.
    Looks like a good year for the south coast in Championship and Div 2. Let's hope that the South Yorkshire side from Championship can add to the Div 1 and 2 can add to the success. The Pilgrims helped the Hangers today anton!

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Thanks for a sterling weekend's reporting ER. Much appreciated, and much easier than following the BBC site.

Well done BBM, some deserved good news for you. Looking forward to a couple of feisty clashes with BHA next season, always just the right amount of edge in these games.

Three South coast teams in the PL next season must surely be a first .

Stockport need a big slice of luck now. Lets hope they get it.

Worrying time for Hartlepool. dreadful result today.
      Thanks TS. The Seagulls in the PL, for the first time in ages! Next season can't wait, especially against The Toon! imagine that! Again!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        Not bad! But I liked Shaqiri's v Hull more...scarcely a backlift, then it took wing...a player I love to watch.

I like too the way Liverpool are finally managing to grind out those 1-0 and 2-1 away wins. Not thrilling to watch (apart from a hilarious last 5 minutes at The Hawthorns) but very important for the team's grittier self-belief, never mind CL access, attracting better players etc...

Speaking of which, good luck Foxes! A tougher proposition with Atletico than Sevilla though. Huth will be missed. Stay tight now.
        And what about Barça - could they do it again? (Without refereeing assistance...? ). I suspect Juve (Serie A champions the last 5 years!) are just too streetwise, they won't lose their grip the way PSG did...
        Jayne, I know it is a different level and a lower division, but what you are saying about Liverpool also applies to the Owls. Whereas last season we overachieved with an attacking style of play, this term we've had to overcome sides coming to us aware of our style and stopping us playing. Result - fans not happy with less goals, but ironically we have now more points than this time last year. Doubles by us over Newcastle and Huddersfield tell one story, doubles over us by Leeds and Reading tell another, but then injuries and availability of players plays some part in that, but if the squad overall is lacking that is another task of management. Still our next six matches will speak volumes, as will yours!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Champions League

Leicester City 1 Atletico Madrid 1 Foxes go out 2-1 on aggregate,might have been different if they had really gone for it in the 1st half IMO.

In non forum news,amazing game in Madrid,Real through against Bayern,Ronaldo perfect hat trick although offside for 2 of the goals,and a shocking red card decision against Munich.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Champions League

Leicester City 1 Atletico Madrid 1 Foxes go out 2-1 on aggregate,might have been different if they had really gone for it in the 1st half IMO.

In non forum news,amazing game in Madrid,Real through against Bayern,Ronaldo perfect hat trick although offside for 2 of the goals,and a shocking red card decision against Munich.
            Yes, it seems we can't escape these things doesn't it? God knows what will happen at Camp Nou tonight....
            4th official with video oh so long ​overdue....

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Champions League

Bad luck Alison. Still a great achievement to reac this stage and get so close. Experience counts for so much in Europe.

Sounds like Bayern had a very rough deal.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Thanks Sainty, it's been quite a run hasn't it.

Shame about the dodgy penalty in first leg. Still maybe better to leave at quarter final stage with dignity intact rather than be battered in the semis!

Now we need to lose three premier games on the bounce to ensure we still have something to play for,

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Thanks Sainty, it's been quite a run hasn't it.

Shame about the dodgy penalty in first leg. Still maybe better to leave at quarter final stage with dignity intact rather than be battered in the semis!

Now we need to lose three premier games on the bounce to ensure we still have something to play for,

Scrapping for a top half finish with the rest of us beneath your dignity these days ?

Anyway, I was whizzing through Chelmsford on the Norwich flyer today and spotted the floodlights just to the west ( ?) of the city centre.
                  Would that be CCFC, or the race course ? I'm guessing CCFC from the size, and Wiki .
                  Last edited by teamsaint; 19-04-17, 22:16.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

That was most probably the Essex cricket ground Sainty, quite close to the city centre and easily seen from the train.

I really ought to go there one day but don't really understand the game!

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

That was most probably the Essex cricket ground Sainty, quite close to the city centre and easily seen from the train.

Ts will explain the game to you .... he has taken loads of wickets at Charterhouse ......

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Oh yes, that'll be it. Looked too big for footy, but a bit small for the sport of kings.

AG is overestimating the firepower that I brought to the teams I played for.......

You don't actually need to understand cricket to go and have a good time.
                        If you like a bit of peace and quiet, reading, a picnic, and a few cold glasses of something on a sunny day, you'll certainly enjoy yourself .

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Results catch up

Europa League quarter final 2nd leg

Manchester United 2 Anderlecht 1 Through 3-2 on aggregate after an extra time winner,will face Celia Vigo in the semis

League

Norwich City 2 Brighton 0 Conceded 2 bizarre own goals,remain 7 points clear at the top

RIP Ugo Ehiogu,only 44 years old

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

we going up both teams!!!!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Results catch up

Europa League quarter final 2nd leg

Manchester United 2 Anderlecht 1 Through 3-2 on aggregate after an extra time winner,will face Celia Vigo in the semis

League

Norwich City 2 Brighton 0 Conceded 2 bizarre own goals,remain 7 points clear at the top

I suppose Stockdale is allowed an 'off-day' when the job's already done! We could have done with a couple of those when the Owls played them this season.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Very sad...a fine player in his day!

Comment

Working...
                                X