Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

I'm wondering how many soccer fans will be able and/or willing to work out how to watch matches from the Euros when there is simultaneous live coverage early next week on either BBC1 and BBC 2 or ITV1 and ITV 4.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

A slightly farcical end to Scotland’s championship.Shame they couldn’t get it together for a stab at the playoff stages.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        A slightly farcical end to Scotland’s championship.Shame they couldn’t get it together for a stab at the playoff stages.
        Unfortunately the Tartan Army received much greater plaudits in Germany than the team, ts. Very depressing...you could feel it in the streets around here yesterday! Of course, I'm old enough to have had low expectations, though I didn't expect the debacle which occurred in the Germany game. Ochone! Ochone!

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Yesterday afternoon's second half of the Austria/ Netherlands game was such an enjoyable and exciting forty-five minutes of footie; as good a half as I've seen in ages. Terrific game. Austria are a very fine outfit.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

....Messi !!....whoops sorry I meant - Messy !!
            bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              ....Messi !!....whoops sorry I meant - Messy !!
              Slovenly, 8th?!?

Hey you're through...be glad! You've got to be in it to lose it. I will be supporting the lads with the red and white cross of St George...come on Georgia!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

....I remember Judy Dench saying that in the 80's she bought a large cottage +large garden down South near the sea with proceeds from her Clover spread advert royalties....I'll be glad when we no longer have to see David Beckham in the adverts during Euro24 for the 3 or more produces his vacuous facde and wooden acting is pushing....( he probably has to do all this to pay for all the security nneeded for himself and large family entourage /year in several locations)....tis the way of the world blaa blaa....also fed up with many products which need people to smell themselves + clothing and give mock reactions (and of course a little dance of course)....
                Last edited by eighthobstruction; 29-06-24, 21:50.
                bong ching

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Eng v Slovakia ..............wow! Far too close for me! phew!.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

....teams have very easily noticed where Eng are weak....what is Pickford up to??? forever waving and coming 10yards outside his box (he almost got caught out)....Eze comes on and Slovakis immediately put 2 high and wide (but we get by)....I never realised that Toney was so lacking in beep test stamina, seemed unable to chase about and close down....Amazed when I saw starting team sheet....Foden has become Sterling - high movement little to show for it really....
                    bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

England won’t be that lucky three more times, surely ? . Even the “ game management” was dreadful.
                      the Swiss must really fancy this.
                      Definitely their chance to get on a roll.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

England won’t be that lucky three more times, surely ? . Even the “ game management” was dreadful.
                        I can't remember the last time I had a Swiss roll.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

One of those articles from previously unknown organs that pop up on my computer when I log on went as far as to say that the superstars are only interested in their mega pay packets and have no sense whatever of team loyalty. I think that's probably right.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

I can't remember the last time I had a Swiss roll.
                            A long time ago; I seem to remember its fall in popularity led to a record rise in apple turnover.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

One of those articles from previously unknown organs that pop up on my computer when I log on went as far as to say that the superstars are only interested in their mega pay packets and have no sense whatever of team loyalty. I think that's probably right.
                              This may be true, but would it not apply to other big nations too ? Spain for example ?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

Knock Knock

Who's there?

England Teams Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....

Knock Knock

Knock Knock

¬¬^¬?}]¬^¬*^^ R's
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X