Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Don't reckon I'll be watching 'Sportscene' this evening after a right roasting in Leith this afternoon. Mind you, a grand day for Anton, I notice - no monkeying around this week.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

....good 3 Nil win for Stockport County....half way up league....Rovers 4-2 loss to Derby [all goals first half.....Burnley 94th minute winner 2-1 Reading....
      bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Don't reckon I'll be watching 'Sportscene' this evening after a right roasting in Leith this afternoon. Mind you, a grand day for Anton, I notice - no monkeying around this week.
        We told him to hang on in there! That and Toon’s result could even bring a small smile to his lips!

Meanwhile Owls 4 Brewers 2 is made even better by Charlton’s 99th min equaliser against the Tractor Boys - seems like a 5 point win for us!

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          We told him to hang on in there! That and Toon’s result could even bring a small smile to his lips!

Meanwhile Owls 4 Brewers 2 is made even better by Charlton’s 99th min equaliser against the Tractor Boys - seems like a 5 point win for us!
          Poor finishing scuppered any chance of a point for us in the game against South London’s Finest tn

So it goes. Well done on your win Coughie. Its a long slog getting out of L1.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Hang on in there….
            this is all that has kept me going t_s and what have we got but a great day .....

Hangers 2 Grimsby 1

Good battling stuff and

Toon 4 Villa 0

Walking through Eldon Square when Joe Linton scored the roar shook the leaves off the trees ..... but then 8o, Eddie Howe and I always had faith .....

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              this is all that has kept me going t_s and what have we got but a great day .....

Hangers 2 Grimsby 1

Good battling stuff and

Toon 4 Grimsby 0

Walking through Eldon Square when Joe Linton scored the roar shook the leaves off the trees ..... but then 8o, Eddie Howe and I always had faith .....
              Toon are running nicely into form for the long haul to the south coast.
              Last edited by teamsaint; 29-10-22, 21:42.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

....I always had it too Anton....up until I was 5 or 6 I remember....but then....
                bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Hey jc I see that Bully’s Ayr Utd are currently topping the Championship!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Hey jc I see that Bully’s Ayr Utd are currently topping the Championship!
                    ...and he's got the Honest Men playing good football by all accounts, cloughie. Straightforward result against Arbroath yesterday who seem to have imploded this season after last season's heroics.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

...and he's got the Honest Men playing good football by all accounts, cloughie. Straightforward result against Arbroath yesterday who seem to have imploded this season after last season's heroics.
                      I shall make enquiries with my man in Arbroath to determine what the problem is…….

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Poor finishing scuppered any chance of a point for us in the game against South London’s Finest tn.
                        A draw would have been a fair result. Guaita made some good saves. A Palace message board contributor claims to have overheard two philosophical Saints fans on the way to the station after the match commenting to this effect: what a waste of time. Now a three hour journey back to a s***hole.

An away fan's variant of life's a bitch, then you die.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Well worth a read, re: DSCH & the round ball game!

https://www.classical-music.com/feat...ife-and-music/
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

....I see Ronnie Radford of Hereford has died....now that few seconds of history is worth a statue or a commosioned piece of music....
                            bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              ....I see Ronnie Radford of Hereford has died....now that few seconds of history is worth a statue or a commosioned piece of music....
                              Keep it quiet from anton, 8ob. Radford's goal till looks like one of the all-time great goals. I'd forgotten about Malcolm Macdonald's sideys. They knew how to do hairstyles back in the 70s.

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Keep it quiet from anton, 8ob. Radford's goal till looks like one of the all-time great goals. I'd forgotten about Malcolm Macdonald's sideys. They knew how to do hairstyles back in the 70s.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOoXsZBwSUg
                                Yes painful memories but a great goal nonetheless ………

Comment

Working...
                                X