X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Concentrate of the league, Edge. Buddies got stuffed 4-2 by Motherwell - no chance of a top 6 finish now, so need to gather things together to make sure we don't get dragged into a relegation battle after the split. New manager hasn't been very successful so far.
    Stockport need to concentrate on the league, but it is at least in the best possible way.
    Sounds like the Buddies just need to concentrate .

We escaped from Helland Road with a point. We always struggle there, but sounds like a fair result, and we’d have taken a point before the game.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
      FA Trophy semi final

Wrexham 2 Stockport County 0 Both goals in added time, 21 game unbeaten run is over, better that it ended here rather than in a league game, need to pick up where we left off next weekend v Southend
      Southend have been wobbling after a fantastic unbeaten run of their own. Count yourselves firm favourites.

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Southend have been wobbling after a fantastic unbeaten run of their own. Count yourselves firm favourites.
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Spurs 5 Toon 1

Relegation Battle …… what relegation battle …..

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Palace 3 Arsenil. Missed the match live on TV due to choir practice and pint afterwards but arrived home and my wife's smile gave the game away. Duly watched the recording with strong use of fast forward button. Eagles!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              Palace 3 Arsenil. Missed the match live on TV due to choir practice and pint afterwards but arrived home and my wife's smile gave the game away. Duly watched the recording with strong use of fast forward button. Eagles!
              If I supported Palace, I would refer to the fast forward button as the Wilfried.

What a mess Everton are in . Pretty nasty fixtures upcoming, and Burnley will be right up for the fight.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                If I supported Palace, I would refer to the fast forward button as the Wilfried.

What a mess Everton are in . Pretty nasty fixtures upcoming, and Burnley will be right up for the fight.
                Indeed - I know no fixtures are easy when in the bottom 3, but Burnley do appear to have a slightly better run in to the end of the season!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Indeed - I know no fixtures are easy when in the bottom 3, but Burnley do appear to have a slightly better run in to the end of the season!
                    Big win for the Clarets last night - on the text last night, one branch of my English cousins were cock-a-hoop, the other devastated. Everton a total mess. Burnley have gone on winning runs before...this would be a good time for them to go on another.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Toon 1 Wolves 0

We are the Champions

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Forest Green 1 Hangers 1

Has to be called a solid point ….

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

Stockport County 5 Southend United 0 Normal service resumed, 8 points clear at the top, getting a bit naffed off with Wrexham's 95th min winners
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                            Stockport County 5 Southend United 0 Normal service resumed, 8 points clear at the top, getting a bit naffed off with Wrexham's 95th min winners
                            Well done edge! And a good point anton - bad point (two points lost in injurybtime) for the Owls but still 5th and limited damage from the teams around us.

Comiserations to ts and that dreadful result - but at least the Saints are not in real danger of the drop!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Well done edge! And a good point anton - bad point (two points lost in injurybtime) for the Owls but still 5th and limited damage from the teams around us.

Comiserations to ts and that dreadful result - but at least the Saints are not in real danger of the drop!
                              I was due to be there but had to drop out last minute and one of my son’s mates interrupted a nice afternoon of skateboarding to join him instead of me. poor sod.

A totally inexplicable collapse in form in the last month. No injuries, suspensions, or bad luck. We have just gone from being very good to being very bad. You might think a scrapped point at Leeds would have got us going again.
                              We’ll likely be fine and somehow pick up a few points, but the red lights are flashing. A summer of no big changes is not an option.

Well done to the forum winners today.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                                • Nov 2010

As I've mentioned elsewhere, this goes down as an honorary 0-9. The score could have been in double figures. I'm in agreement with TS; there have to be meaningful changes during the summer. We're obviously not going to buy silverware/PR the way other teams' owners have/are going to, but a season without mid-table mediocrity as the best outcome would be a pleasant change.

Still, a good result for Grecians and thanks to the Hangers' draw, they might even still challenge Forest Green for top spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X