X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Stunning contest at the Bridge, but only one winner in the Premiership today....and it wasn't Chelsea or Liverpool.....

"Never stop believing..."
    But its hard to see the current leaders, with effectively two first teams to draw upon, giving away a ten-point lead....(and look at the stats for New Year leaders anyway...)

Comment

• Edgy 2
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Stunning contest at the Bridge, but only one winner in the Premiership today....and it wasn't Chelsea or Liverpool.....

But its hard to see the current leaders, with effectively two first teams to draw upon, giving away a ten-point lead....(and look at the stats for New Year leaders anyway...)
      Yep cracking game that, could have done with a winner either way though to keep the pressure on.

No game for us until 15th Jan
      Tomorrow off due to covid and next weekend's opponents are still in the FA cup
      “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        Hangers 0 Oldham 0

Should have done better against bottom club ……
        Shrewsbury 1 Owls 0 - just hope things can only get better - just wondering how and when!

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Yup - v.sad for Reds.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            Yup - v.sad for Reds.
            That incredible surge in 1982, from 12th at New year to the First Division Championship, really does look all-too-mythical now....
            Souness even recalled it on the Sky panel the other day....

Salah's goal against Chelsea was another marvel, yes, but not enough credit was given, on Sky or MotD, to the Trent-Alex pass.
            Just because he does this nearly every week shouldn't mean taking it for granted....
            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 03-01-22, 14:37.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Don't worry. Still to visit Selhurst Park, where Palace will be up for the double.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                Don't worry. Still to visit Selhurst Park, where Palace will be up for the double.
                Now you really DO know to upset people.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

That incredible surge in 1982, from 12th at New year to the First Division Championship, really does look all-too-mythical now....
                  Souness even recalled it on the Sky panel the other day....
                  The one year we felt we had a realistic chance of the title, but small club mentality, or something seemed to take a firm grip, and the team, which played some incredible football, rather fell apart under the pressure during March . A better side than the one that finished second two years later.
                  Sigh......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    The one year we felt we had a realistic chance of the title, but small club mentality, or something seemed to take a firm grip, and the team, which played some incredible football, rather fell apart under the pressure during March . A better side than the one that finished second two years later.
                    Sigh......
                    At least you are still up there instead of suffering a third visit of the century to the third tier - 1992 we were third in the Prem! It seems ‘Running out of money and luck’ is all relative, ts! Happy 2022!

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Hangers 1 Bolton 0

So we are a Cup team …..

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        At least you are still up there instead of suffering a third visit of the century to the third tier - 1992 we were third in the Prem! It seems ‘Running out of money and luck’ is all relative, ts! Happy 2022!
                        On our one recent visit to tier three we were glad to have a team to watch at all, having been faced with the very real prospect of being wound up.

A sensible redistribution of cash in the game can't come soon enough.

A couple of upcoming games for me hopefully, Blackfield and Langley v Moneyfields ( Portsmouth Civil Service to you) and the super Saints v Brentford next week, all being well.

We have new Serbian owners. I think they may not have the deep pockets of the Saudis, but if they are honest and decent people, that will be enough for me. Maybe they can get Tadic back......
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                          • Nov 2010

We have new Serbian owners. I think they may not have the deep pockets of the Saudis, but if they are honest and decent people, that will be enough for me. Maybe they can get Tadic back......
                          I wonder whether their pockets will in practice be much shallower, if financial fair play rules are applied to the Saudis. I'm not holding my breath there. Still wait-and-see time, but it's not unreasonable to hope for some useful activity (keeper, scorer) during the transfer season.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Maybe you could sign Parsley the Lion and Dill the Dog, ts...Serbidaceous!

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Maybe you could sign Parsley the Lion and Dill the Dog, ts...Serbidaceous!
                              We already have Dill the Dog, forever running round in circles, cunningly disguised as Shane Long.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                                We already have Dill the Dog, forever running round in circles, cunningly disguised as Shane Long.
                                Hey jc looks like Owls legend Lee Bullen is returning north of the border to be Head Coach at Ayr Utd. Hope he does well there.

Comment

Working...
                                X