• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3

Rodgers out.
    Over the years I have thought that Brendan has often run out of steam in his previous jobs...starts well, then reaches a point and can't take the next jump up. Maybe that's where he is now with the Foxes, Alison.
    Livv got a late point in Paisley today - disappointing for Big Jim's birthday - great goals mind you. Buddies up to sixth though teams behind them have games in hand.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Hangers 1 Forest Green 3
      Saving themselves for Wembley

Toon 3 Brentford 3
      Just wait until Eddie recovers

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

"Emergency Meeting" going on at Old Trafford tonight.... uh-oh....
        MotD should have the latest....

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Fiorentina led Milan 3-0 at 60'...... now its 3-2.... guess which 40-year-old scored both goals...

Fiorentina 4-3 finally.... quite a game, and Inter v Napoli tomorrow.... my cup runneth over...
          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 20-11-21, 22:48.

Comment

• Edgy 2
            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
            "Emergency Meeting" going on at Old Trafford tonight.... uh-oh....
            MotD should have the latest....
            these guys think it's all over https://news.paddypower.com/football...wer-sack-race/
            “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              Over the years I have thought that Brendan has often run out of steam in his previous jobs...starts well, then reaches a point and can't take the next jump up. Maybe that's where he is now with the Foxes, Alison.
              Livv got a late point in Paisley today - disappointing for Big Jim's birthday - great goals mind you. Buddies up to sixth though teams behind them have games in hand.
              Annoying jc - we’ve had a number of those late point losers this season but fortunately not today!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Annoying jc - we’ve had a number of those late point losers this season but fortunately not today!
                I noticed the Owls came out of the traps like lightning yesterday, cloughie -delighted you managed the three goals and the three points. McGrath's goal for the Buddies yesterday was a real topper.

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Anyone heard from teamsaint he doesn’t seem to have posted here or indeed anywhere for a few weeks ….. ?????

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Anyone heard from teamsaint he doesn’t seem to have posted here or indeed anywhere for a few weeks ….. ?????
                    I've been missing the southern saint around these parts this last wee while, anton.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Yeah, last post was 28/10..... he has seemed a little down in recent months...like many of us, the Pandemic seemed to get to him, emotionally & with the Human Rights/libertarian angle.........
                      Greetings Saint if you're looking in...!

The inevitable.....
                      Manchester United sack manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with the club seventh in the Premier League following Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Watford.

But who's next?

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Yeah, last post was 28/10..... he has seemed a little down in recent months...like many of us, the Pandemic seemed to get to him, emotionally & with the Human Rights/libertarian angle.........

The inevitable.....
                        Manchester United sack manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with the club seventh in the Premier League following Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Watford.

But who's next?
                        Not come around at the right time for Brendan with recent results - I’d guess it will be another appointment not from these shores!
                        But we could make Darren Moore available with the right compensation fee!
                        Last edited by cloughie; 21-11-21, 18:54.

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Not come around at the right time for Brendan with recent results
                          Just all seems to have gone very stale at Leicester. I buy into JC’s Brendan theory #6691.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

The inevitable.....

But who's next?

I agree Jayne he didn’t seem his old self ….. but sending him every good wish …..

Comment

• Edgy 2
                              • Jan 2019

Yep missing you teams, if your looking in hope you are ok
                              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Hi All, thanks for those nice messages. All is good here, well as it goes these days.

I have been taking time out from the forum for reasons which might be hard to articulate.
                                This last 20 months has hit all of us hard, and in an extraordinary variety of ways. As you will all have seen from earlier posts, the business of vaccine passports ( there is still not a shred of evidence that they have any public health benefit whatsoever, !) has preyed very heavily on my mind for a long time now , and they are still an ever present threat. Most specifically, the idea that we will pass a world of Digital ID down to our young people is something I try not to think about.
                                Unfortunately,( or who knows, perhaps fortunately) the response of the Premier League to the pressure to implement vaccine passports has been a real tipping point in my relationship with top level football, and by association, The Saints. The idea that those who will not show a passport could be banned , which the PL actively endorsed without a murmur, meant that I had a complete re-evaluation of that relationship.
                                And what I didn’t want to happen was to let my very strong feelings on that subject impinge of the wonderful camaraderie of this thread, which we have all enjoyed so much over the years. So a time away happened by default.

So, that said, still been following all of your clubs of course , ( no change for most of them……… ) and been getting some live football in . Some non- league, and a couple of trips to see Southampton FC Women, who I seem to have successfully jinxed after their two year run without a league defeat. I was there today to see a defeat to Ipswich. Nearly 1000 people there, great atmosphere, some fine skill on show, but Ipswich deservedly won with better finishing, and a well drilled defence that gave little away.
                                Next footy for me is Saints V Leicester on Dec 1st, assuming ground regulations remain unaltered. I think Rodgers would be a good fit for United right now ( sorry Alison , hope you hang onto him), but what do I know ?
                                Since I’m here, been getting out to a couple of concerts, Alpine symphony ( Philharmonia ) and Beethoven 6 ( OAE) both at Basingstoke. Great to hear live music again, more than great, but the audience numbers are really poor, less than 50% capacity for the Pastoral ,which would have been unthinkable 2 years ago. Still, maybe there are better days ahead. Concert listings, both classical and otherwise seem very thin. But whatever happens in the world, we can be certain that the Sibelius VC will make it onto every single concert season, without fail…….. !!

Be seeing you.......
                                Last edited by teamsaint; 21-11-21, 23:22.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X