• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    what can possibly go wrong?
    Not a thing, cloughie, not a thing...onwards and upwards for the Owls.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      Not a thing, cloughie, not a thing...onwards and upwards for the Owls.
      You were right jc

Owls 1 Cod Army 0

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

You were right jc

Owls 1 Cod Army 0

Excellent cloughers …….

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

You were right jc

Owls 1 Cod Army 0
          Quality v the Fleetwood Mackerel - funny they couldn't get any in the net, cloughie.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Quality v the Fleetwood Mackerel - funny they couldn't get any in the net, cloughie.
            A nice line jc! Our owner being a tuna magnate would not have settled for anything other than a good haul!

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Lee Gregory is the man.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Lee Gregory is the man.

That’s two of our 13 new signings found the back of the net so far!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Went to Cheltenham v Ipswich last night.

Good competitive game, great win for the locals in front of a full ( ish) house full house. No pointless and intrusive vaccine / test checks, long queues for drinks, just like the old days.

Really good night all round .
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Good competitive game, great win for the locals in front of a full ( ish) house full house. No pointless and intrusive vaccine / test checks, long queues for drinks, just like the old days.

Sounds great fun, ts. I'm looking forward to getting to a game - I might start going to see Brechin in the Highland League this season, though only at Glebe...I am not going to Wick for anybody. Sadly, I noticed that their upcoming game against Fort William is up in Lochaber...I fancied that one.
                    I've been wondering where Edge's mob have been so far this season, but noticed today that they kick off this Saturday against both Dagenham AND Redbridge...that's a lot to ask for a season starter. We've got celtic this Saturday...hopefully might manage a point or three.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Sounds good ts. Do you have allegiances to Cheltenham or did you just happen to be there? On the return to live matches - it is interesting that the two league matches at Hillsborough have attracted 24000+ and 21000+ despite our relegation - can’t see much chance of seeing them any time soon - the match at Home Park in September coincides with our holiday on Scilly! All the best for The Saints season - I guess it will be a long hard one for you and any position 17 and above will be handy!

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Sounds good ts. Do you have allegiances to Cheltenham or did you just happen to be there? On the return to live matches - it is interesting that the two league matches at Hillsborough have attracted 24000+ and 21000+ despite our relegation - can’t see much chance of seeing them any time soon - the match at Home Park in September coincides with our holiday on Scilly! All the best for The Saints season - I guess it will be a long hard one for you and any position 17 and above will be handy!
                        Our company is based in Cheltenham, and we happen to have an Ipswich fan who works for us, so a few of us decided to have an evening out, and good fun it was too, although my ITFC supporting colleague was feeling a bit down at the end.

Good turnouts for your two games. There’s a big job to do making sure that p******th don’t get above themselves

I think we are in for a tough season. We have lots of good young players, but are a wise old head or two short I suspect, not unlike Ipswich from what I saw.
                        Hope you get to see the Owls soon.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Sad to see that hero of my youth, Denis Law, be the latest of that generation of greats to announce that he has been diagnosed with dementia. I think I read somewhere lately that footballers are four times more likely to develop dementia than the general population; whereas the prevalence in goalkeepers is similar to the national level. With Denis, all those wet days in Aberdeen heading big cudgers has to have had effect - he was indeed a great header of the ball, but at what a cost! He was the first player to have a recognisable goal celebration that I remember, with that right arm raised high. Here's a few belters from the Lawman...the last one might be the one he scored to relegate United...no arm aloft for that one!
                          Denis Law A fantastic player and definitely should be considered as one of the best Scotland has produced. So here's a collection of some of Dennis Laws Grea...

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Impressive stuff jc he was some player …….

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Impressive stuff jc he was some player …….
                              Something else, anton, and always seemed a great guy too.
                              Welcoming Walsall for Hartlepool today, I see; we've got a trip to Celtic Park at 3 this afternoon. I see Edge's crew get their season underway today...where've they been?

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Something else, anton, and always seemed a great guy too.
                                Welcoming Walsall for Hartlepool today, I see; we've got a trip to Celtic Park at 3 this afternoon. I see Edge's crew get their season underway today...where've they been?
                                I really hope he comes back to share, what I am sure will be, their season of triumph with us …..
                                Last edited by antongould; 21-08-21, 12:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X