X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    …..any thoughts on the opener jc …… ??????
    Sounded like a good game, anton, but Buddies couldn't get past the 10 men of Dundee in the last 25 mins. I reckon Big Jim'll be happy to get things underway with a couple of goals - no easy games in this league would be the stock response. We've got the other promoted team up next with a home game against the jam tarts next Saturday - they kicked off by giving Celtic a doing yesterday.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      Sounded like a good game, anton, but Buddies couldn't get past the 10 men of Dundee in the last 25 mins. I reckon Big Jim'll be happy to get things underway with a couple of goals - no easy games in this league would be the stock response. We've got the other promoted team up next with a home game against the jam tarts next Saturday - they kicked off by giving Celtic a doing yesterday.
      Got something out of the first away game, JC, not to be sniffed at I guess.

Only two weeks till the PL here starts up. I could have done with a longer breather .........
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Ings to Villa. Blimey.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Ings to Villa. Blimey.
          Last year of contract. Dodgy injury record. It was either net about £20 m now, or nothing next summer.

Fingers crossed that we have a replacement, probably Armstrong from Blackburn , who can get a dozen goals.

Going to be a voyage of discovery, and Ralph will need to get a lot out of his players with two of our best players gone from a team that was rubbish since the new year.

All kind of irrelevant in some ways though , with the threat of fans being banned from PL and other grounds.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Ings to Villa. Blimey.
            Villa top summer spenders. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Somewhat amazed to see Palace in 4th place on that list.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              Villa top summer spenders. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Somewhat amazed to see Palace in 4th place on that list.
              Presumably Grealish to Abu Dhabi is a done deal. I wasn't surprised to see Ings go, but to Villa? Good deal for Saints, but whether that will translate to spending on the team...

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Good luck for the season to the forum teams kicking off this weekend...Leicester can win a shield for the trophy cabinet, I notice (anyone know where the key is?). Not sure if the paperwork for Lionel's transfer will be ready in time for today's game in Paisley ; I see Hartlepool are kicking off v Crawley, and Ipswich have named pop musician Ed Sheeron in the squad (17 with a bullet) v Morecambe - I assume he will sponsor the ball to be brought onto the field on a mini-John Deere.

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Good luck for the season to the forum teams kicking off this weekend...Leicester can win a shield for the trophy cabinet, I notice (anyone know where the key is?). Not sure if the paperwork for Lionel's transfer will be ready in time for today's game in Paisley ; I see Hartlepool are kicking off v Crawley, and Ipswich have named pop musician Ed Sheeron in the squad (17 with a bullet) v Morecambe - I assume he will sponsor the ball to be brought onto the field on a mini-John Deere.

Should Ipswich fans be worried that the bookies have made their team favourites for promotion?

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Yes John let the pain commence, partially offset, I hope, by the return from Clacton -on-Sea of Rob and cloughers …..

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Yes John, looking forward to the Community Shield even if our central defence will be a patched up affair.

Do I see the Buddies have their own TV channel?

It will be interesting to follow Ipswich’s fortunes again this season.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Yes John let the pain commence, partially offset, I hope, by the return from Clacton -on-Sea of Rob and cloughers …..
                        Yeah, hurry back lads.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Great to hear the crowd roaring Dundee Utd on at Tannadice to a rare victory over Rangers in the lunchtime kick-off...always good to see the old firm getting beaten, but wonderful to hear the supporters back in there...and they sounded delighted too.

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

91st minute equalizer against Morecambe having enjoyed 67% possession - could have been worse I guess!

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                              91st minute equalizer against Morecambe having enjoyed 67% possession - could have been worse I guess!
                              88th minute winner for us LMcD ……. A bad day for Crawley in footie and cricket …….

Hangers 1 Crawley 0 …….

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

86th minute red card ruled out any chance of a comeback for the Buddies. League Cup next week, I believe. Nice to see the 'pool get off to a flying-ish start, anton; and a late equaliser no bad thing, LMcD...was it No 17 who scored it?

Comment

Working...
                                X