X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ein Heldenleben
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Just slightly relieved to get to halftime.... you could all see why, I'm sure......
    Feels very tense...
    I hope you are less tense now....Maguire what a header...

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
      • Apr 2014

This is brilliant - we are taking them to pieces ...

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

It actually sounds like Wembley now!

But a few loose passes. Discipline now, focus and discipline....

Just so. Hendo on for Rice.....I'd love to see Grealish on soon to have a go at them...

Look at Mr. Southgate, always conferring, thinking ahead....

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
          I hope you are less tense now....Maguire what a header...
          Not tense at all now
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            Not tense at all now
            I would love to see Kane get a hat trick

Ooh that’ll do thanks..
            They cannot defend against set pieces in the air at all can they ....?

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
              I would love to see Kane get a hat trick

Ooh that’ll do thanks..
              They cannot defend against set pieces in the air at all can they ....?
              He's only 2 behind Ronaldo for the golden boot now
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Henderson..YES!!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

I've rarely seen a more controlled, confident England performance. Ukraine were less of a challenge than expected, but we had the cutting edge and drive when needed, and the discipline in game management too.

Three headers of course, two from set pieces, and more than three subs always makes me nervous; but we kept our shape, very compact, and energies need conserving in an intense tournament.
                  I'd have liked to see some more creativity around the box later on, and Jordan Pickford should perhaps have a few mindfulness sessions before Wednesday - but you have to defer to this coach: he really seems to know what he's doing, longterm and short...lets just call him The Philosopher.....
                  You feel this team's self-belief for which their coach deserves much credit.

England v Denmark at Wembley! Far tougher, very gifted opposition, with a motivation as impassioned as our own; what a prospect......
                  Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 03-07-21, 22:10.

Comment

• LHC
                    • Jan 2011

An amazingly assured performance. Like Jayne, I can’t remember an England team playing with this level of control and confidence in a tournament. They also remain the only team at the Championship yet to concede a goal.

It’s a shame Kane’s volley didn’t go in; it was a fantastic strike and would have been some goal.
                    "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                    Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Southgate does seem to have learned a lot from the long WC campaign, and has been brave in his squad rotation.

Going to be a tense night on Weds..... i don’t want to count up our previous losing semi finals. But at least supporting the Saints is good practice for that.

Very exciting times, football wise. And such promise for the future too.

Oh, and on more parochial matters, Saints have their replacement for the excellent Ryan Bertrand, a french youngster with imprccable credentials. He needs to be good, he has big boots to fill.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Looks like Foxes getting Bertrand. Good acquisition you say, Sainty?

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Yes, Denmark an entirely other package! Hmm.............tricky.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            Looks like Foxes getting Bertrand. Good acquisition you say, Sainty?

Proper defender , Alison. bit surprised he isn’t going to London, but their has been talk of the Foxes. Not getting any better of course but he could still be doing a good job for england if we didn’t have such strength there.
                            He can look a bit disinterested occasionally but thats just his look. He’s a joy to watch, and is pretty impeccable at the back. Perhaps no longer quite as good as he once was going forward, but he’ll be a great signing for you.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                              • Nov 2010

Zoiks, Scoob!

AkA Who are you people and what have you done with the England football team?

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                Southgate does seem to have learned a lot from the long WC campaign, and has been brave in his squad rotation.

Going to be a tense night on Weds..... i don’t want to count up our previous losing semi finals. But at least supporting the Saints is good practice for that.

Very exciting times, football wise. And such promise for the future too.

Oh, and on more parochial matters, Saints have their replacement for the excellent Ryan Bertrand, a french youngster with imprccable credentials. He needs to be good, he has big boots to fill.
                                Oh, we'll soon sort him out...

Comment

Working...
                                X