• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Massive crowd for the game in Budapest.
    Scary, ts - super spreader? Nice to see that Christiano can still twinkle his toes round a tiring defence. Thought the Magyars were well disciplined, managing to NOT give away fouls in dangerous areas - until they gave away the pen that is.

Shame that ITV decide to employ Clive and Ally for the biggest match of the tournament so far - the worst pair on offer...'There's no getting away from that, Clive!' Crowd in Munchen looks a bit more manageable.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      Scary, ts - super spreader? Nice to see that Christiano can still twinkle his toes round a tiring defence. Thought the Magyars were well disciplined, managing to NOT give away fouls in dangerous areas - until they gave away the pen that is.

Shame that ITV decide to employ Clive and Ally for the biggest match of the tournament so far - the worst pair on offer...'There's no getting away from that, Clive!' Crowd in Munchen looks a bit more manageable.
      Permitted attendance levels at Euro 2020 stadia currently range from 20% in Munich to 100% in Budapest. (Apparently it's a local authority decision in Hungary, but I can't help wondering whether national politics aren't also playing a part there, as they appear to be in South America with the transfer of the cup competition to Brazil.) I'm not sure what rights or responsibilities UEFA has in the matter. Let's hope yesterday's match doesn't prove to be a 'Super Spreader'.

Comment

• LHC
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        Permitted attendance levels at Euro 2020 stadia currently range from 20% in Munich to 100% in Budapest. (Apparently it's a local authority decision in Hungary, but I can't help wondering whether national politics aren't also playing a part there, as they appear to be in South America with the transfer of the cup competition to Brazil.) I'm not sure what rights or responsibilities UEFA has in the matter. Let's hope yesterday's match doesn't prove to be a 'Super Spreader'.
        I think everyone in the crowd had to either have been vaccinated (home fans), or have evidence of a negative PCR test (non-Hungarians). Hungary has a good record on vaccinations as Orban decided to use the Chinese and Russian vaccinations as well as those provided by the EU.

Hungarian citizens attending the Puskas Arena can collect a wristband indicating their immunity ahead of the match while international fans must provide proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of kick-off
        "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
        Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
          Just don't watch "footie"; you'll be much the happier for it!
          Personally, I couldn't agree more!

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
            Just don't watch "footie"; you'll be much the happier for it!
            Irrelevant to to the work under discussion. Mozart was more of a billiards man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
              Personally, I couldn't agree more!
              Why? On your own or on others' behalf?
              So traumatised by last minute goals or penalty shootouts that you could no longer bear to watch, not ever, again?

Finland v Russia approaching halftime..... very entertaining, lovely stadium...
              GOOAALL!! At last.... just like Wolfie after a winning hazard.......
              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 16-06-21, 15:35.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                So traumatised by last minute goals or penalty shootouts that you could no longer bear to watch, not ever, again?

Nice to see J P Wooler's unjustly neglected trilogy popping up. A Winning Hazard was the very first play produced by Marie Wilton at the Prince of Wales' Theatre in 1865, starring both herself and her future husband, Sir Squire Bancroft. They are both buried in Brompton Cemetery, not far from the Finborough Theatre.

I decided to follow the advice offered on previous occasions when I've been mystified by a particular phrase or reference, ang googled it. This is what came up - and very interesting it is too!
                Last edited by LMcD; 16-06-21, 17:46.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LHC View Post
                  I think everyone in the crowd had to either have been vaccinated (home fans), or have evidence of a negative PCR test (non-Hungarians). Hungary has a good record on vaccinations as Orban decided to use the Chinese and Russian vaccinations as well as those provided by the EU.
                  Thanks for that, LHC. I think I just wasn't used to watching people all crowded together like they were in the Puskas Stadium.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Great Welsh goal just before half-time.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Yeah, amazing events in Baku! Thrilling game but - Oh Gareth! Hero to Zero and - anything can happen in the next half-hour...
                      Come on G., find that Sting again (see what I did there?)...

Gareth you did it! Deep into added-added time...!
                      Fantastic game, breathless last ten minutes....but wonderful commitment from both teams in an intense atmosphere (as often this week...)....
                      Great refereeing too, in that late penalty area bust-up - calmed it down, booked a few, play on....excellent.

​(More pens missed than scored in Euros so far, commentary just commented...)
                      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 16-06-21, 18:57.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Yeah, amazing events in Baku! Thrilling game but - Oh Gareth! Hero to Zero and - anything can happen in the next half-hour...
                        Come on G., find that Sting again (see what I did there?)...

Gareth you did it! Deep into added-added time... Fantastic game, breathless last ten minutes....

​(More pens missed than scored in Euros so far, commentary just commented...)
                        Back to hero again, jayne. Brilliant!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Back to hero again, jayne. Brilliant!
                          Breathless stuff. Great performance by Wales.
                          Everybody’s second team eh JC ?
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Gareth the Great is a true leader, who raises the skill-level and the whole spirit of his team. Terrific player to watch, to whom the eye is always drawn...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Gareth the Great is a true leader, who raises the skill-level and the whole spirit of his team. Terrific player to watch, to whom the eye is always drawn...
                              .....Welsh fans seemingly 100yards from pitch....
                              bong ching

Comment

• MickyD
                                • Nov 2010

As I said 'personally' - on my behalf of course, I wouldn't dream of imposing my personal likes or dislikes on anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X