Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Yes well done Chelsea, strange starting team choice for the other team though
    What a player Kante is
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      I think there should be more advantage built in to the playoffs, eg one legged semi finals with home advantage for the two highest placed teams.
      Good to see Stockport and Hartlepool in the play-offs - well deserved. However, I don't think one-legged semi finals would be great, ts - a lot of people falling on their var-ses would doubtless ensue, butt it could make for a good watch. Here's hopping one of edge and anton move up into the next tier.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....only 2 weeks ago we [I] were saying Tuchel got the selection of team wrong in the FA Cup....Pep Madness ref team selection....[throws hands up]....play your best proven team....
        bong ching

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

I didn't know that Morecambe FC's nickname is the Shrimps. Is that a Wise choice?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            Yes well done Chelsea, strange starting team choice for the other team though
            What a player Kante is
            Good to see him finally being compared to the legendary Claude Makalele, who Kanté has always reminded me of (only even better)..... but what if Guardiola had played Fernandinho from the start? Rather less freedom to run the show then...

Even Pep's genius cannot always escape hubris, it seems....

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              I didn't know that Morecambe FC's nickname is the Shrimps. Is that a Wise choice?
              Shame thy’re not managed by Potter, but they’re just prawns in the beautiful game.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Shame thy’re not managed by Potter, but they’re just prawns in the beautiful game.
                They would be great at crab football. Anybody else play that back in the day ?
                I could never understand the actual point of it. Just seemed worse than normal football !
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Everton torpedoed? Bye Bye, Ancelotti! Phew. Who takes over?

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    They would be great at crab football. Anybody else play that back in the day ?
                    I could never understand the actual point of it. Just seemed worse than normal football !
                    Sore neck is what I recall, ts; and grit in the palms of the hands...murder polis, as we used to say!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

The great Trent-Alex ruled out now! Six weeks even before rehab....hope he's OK for next season....

I guess it simplifies Southgate's selection embarras de richesses, but what a shame not to see him on the international tournament stage when his form had recovered so well.... there's no-one quite like him in his position for turning a match with a sublime strike of the ball....

Plenty of other amazing youngsters though.... and quite a challenge in the first match...

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

Surely, with all this exciting young talent, it's coming home this time ?
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            .... there's no-one quite like him in his position for turning a match with a sublime strike of the ball....

Andy Robertson, jayne!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Andy Robertson, jayne!
                              On the wrong side now !
                              Terrific player, never lets you down, but doesn't caress or cut through the ball like TAA (that corner for the now-legendary Alisson header in the 95th at West Brom!)..... few do or or ever have....Beckham at his peak cultivated similar skills with crosses and free kicks...
                              I think having TAA on the opposite flank raises Andy's game too, as they swing the ball across to each other, dart inside, change places.. ...

Old saying about these tournaments: don't lose your first game....it is quite a tough group...

World Cup runners-up (and unlucky in the 2018 final) Croatia are so skilful and battlehardened with stars from the Italian and Spanish leagues.... Rakitic and Mandzukic have left the international scene now, but there's still Perisic, Orsic, Luca Modric and Kovacic....c'est formidable...

Negotiate that one carefully now, Gareth...
                              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 03-06-21, 22:05.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

While we await the arrival of that Euro sideshow, may I just wish Hartlepool good fortune in their play-off today against Bromley today...am I correct that they are trying to get to the next stage where they would give us the forum derby of the year? Anyway, one game at a time...

Comment

Working...
                                X