X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Palace fans are following the Championship playoffs to see which losing manager might end up as Roy's successor.
    I couldn’t have seen Frank Lampard working out somehow.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Woa...NO...?
      Lampard at Palace??

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        However you look at it you and Anton will be one of a tough 2-7 which is mostly Div 4 Old Boys.
        Well Sutton are worthy champions, Torquay will finish 2nd and it's between us and Hartlepool for the coveted 3rd spot and a home tie in the semis
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Sheer relief here, after a nerve-wracking week and a traumatic season (in so many on and off field ways).....
          YNWA ringing out around Anfield once again.....

So sorry Foxes won't be in the CL with us but at least they got their FA Cup...and will still have European football.

Many heroes, but a special mention for Nat Philips, an unexpected but grittily dogged centre of our makeshift defence through the last few months ...and with his one so crucial goal.
          Sad if Wijnaldum leaves, but a huge cheer for him if he does. Remember his greatest moment in the Barça 4-0!

But the whole season turned on that inspirational 94th minute header last Sunday, by Goalkeeper Alisson, at West Brom.
          Talk about Tales of the Unexpected! Still thinking about it, laughing about it, and this crazy, wonderful, heartbreaking, beautiful game....

YNWA
          THIS MEANS MORE
          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 23-05-21, 18:53.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
            Sheer relief here, after a nerve-wracking week and a traumatic season (in so many on and off field ways).....
            YNWA ringing out around Anfield once again.....

So sorry Foxes won't be in the CL with us but at least they got their FA Cup...and will still have European football.

Many heroes, but a special mention for Nat Philips, an unexpected but grittily dogged centre of our makeshift defence through the last few months ...and with his one so crucial goal.
            Sad if Wijnaldum leaves, but a huge cheer for him if he does. Remember his greatest moment in the Barça 4-0!

But the whole season turned on that inspirational 94th minute header last Sunday, by Goalkeeper Alisson, at West Brom.
            Talk about Tales of the Unexpected! Still thinking about it, laughing about it, and this crazy, wonderful, heartbreaking, beautiful game....

YNWA
            THIS MEANS MORE
            More than what?
            (I got told off recently for using capitals - apparently it's 'bad form'.... )

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
              Well Sutton are worthy champions, Torquay will finish 2nd and it's between us and Hartlepool for the coveted 3rd spot and a home tie in the semis
              Indeed Rob

Sutton 3 Hangers 0

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Oh well no CL once again. Twice in the lead and Chelsea losing

Well done Jayne.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                  More than what?
                  (I got told off recently for using capitals - apparently it's 'bad form'.... )
                  What is it that makes Liverpool FC unique? What sets us apart from other clubs? Watch as Jürgen Klopp explains...Subscribe to the channel now and get notifie...

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Saints season fizzled out in the May rain in very feeble fashion, apparently . Our mid season injury crisis notwithstanding, we have been pretty dreadful in 2021.
                    With Bertie gone, Ings’ future at SMS in doubt, and a defence that has more leaks than Downing street, the warning signs are flashing red.
                    Teams that lose 15 out of 20 need to act fast to turn things round, but with money very tight, we are going to have to be very smart if next season is going to be comfortable. The bottom three were exceptionally weak this year.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                      Thank you. I must confess that I'm already getting pretty excited at the very thought of what will undoubtedly be two of the highlights of the coming season - titanic tussles aka The Battles Of The Fallen Giants, at Portman Road and Hillsborough.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                        Thank you. I must confess that I'm already getting pretty excited at the very thought of what will undoubtedly be two of the highlights of the coming season - titanic tussles aka The Battles Of The Fallen Giants, at Portman Road and Hillsborough.
                        ...and all the others in the Prem Old Boys Club !

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

....a good season all around....apart from getting relegated (and no doubt that long boring trip to Carlisle from Bristol for supporters) ....ESL stirred up things....soon be settling again like grouts in a teapot....
                          bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            ....a good season all around....apart from getting relegated (and no doubt that long boring trip to Carlisle from Bristol for supporters) ....ESL stirred up things....soon be settling again like grouts in a teapot....
                            Hopefully not at the bottom of the table!

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Big 'Phew' from Anfield, I can tell you!
                              Go on, you goalkeepers!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                                Big 'Phew' from Anfield, I can tell you!
                                Go on, you goalkeepers!
                                Congrats to St Johnstone who became only the second team outside of the Firm to hold both cups in Scotland in one season (Sir Eck's Aberdeen were the others back in the eighties). On Saturday the Perth Saints never looked in any danger against a wobbly Hibernian. What a season for Callum Davidson in his first as a manager - created a team spirit and a solid defence at McDiarmid Park. 'All downhill from here' I try to tell my St Johnstone friends...don't want them getting too up themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X