Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

An interesting weekend coming up in Scotland. Such a shame that only 3k fans will be at Hampden for the Perth Saints and Hibs. A much larger attendance could surely have been safely allowed in.

I see that St Mirren’s local rivals have a big game too.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      An interesting weekend coming up in Scotland. Such a shame that only 3k fans will be at Hampden for the Perth Saints and Hibs. A much larger attendance could surely have been safely allowed in.

I see that St Mirren’s local rivals have a big game too.
      Don't think there's any fans for the final this weekend, sainty. The assumption that Glasgow would move to level 2 meant that they could have 600 fans. Application was made for more, but there are extra restrictions in Hampden as it is prepared for the Euros. Then there was a spike in new cases and Glasgow was kept in Level 3, which meant that fans were not allowed in, so lotteries for the fans to get tickets were abandoned. Sad really - I know they all want to go to Hampden, but the SFA knew about the difficulties of Hampden and could have moved the game to Pittodrie or even Tynecastle, and had just as many fans...more actually. Anyway, sadly for the two teams involved, there's no fans at the final, especially sad seeing the effect of having the fans at Wemberlee last weekend. SFA made an a*** of it...as per!!

It was tight at the bottom of the championship last season - I was really pleased to see Arbroath survive - I reckon the soap dodgers will have too much for the Onians of Airdrie, but you never know, ts!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Don't think there's any fans for the final this weekend, sainty. The assumption that Glasgow would move to level 2 meant that they could have 600 fans. Application was made for more, but there are extra restrictions in Hampden as it is prepared for the Euros. Then there was a spike in new cases and Glasgow was kept in Level 3, which meant that fans were not allowed in, so lotteries for the fans to get tickets were abandoned. Sad really - I know they all want to go to Hampden, but the SFA knew about the difficulties of Hampden and could have moved the game to Pittodrie or even Tynecastle, and had just as many fans...more actually. Anyway, sadly for the two teams involved, there's no fans at the final, especially sad seeing the effect of having the fans at Wemberlee last weekend. SFA made an a*** of it...as per!!

It was tight at the bottom of the championship last season - I was really pleased to see Arbroath survive - I reckon the soap dodgers will have too much for the Onians of Airdrie, but you never know, ts!
        Thanks for the update JC. I hadn't seen the most recent press reports. Very sad for all concerned, and to no good effect healthwise IMVHO.

Given all the jiggerypokery of the last year, its hard to see why the SFA couldn't have just put it all on hold until a more satisfactory arrangement could be found. But , you know, that is how it is right now. Crazy world run by nutters.

I have always promised myself a jaunt to a few games in Scotland, a result of a mispent youth watching football teams with a few terrific Scottish players. I must get round to it, and hopefully take in St Peter's Seminary at Cardross if it ever opens to the public. Perhaps they could put on a game there......there must have been some sports pitches there.....

( Edit...so they have fans at the Scottish L1 playoff, but not at the cup final. That is some kind of daft)

Further edit: That is a cracking location that Dumbarton have for their stadium !
        Last edited by teamsaint; 20-05-21, 20:24.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Further edit: That is a cracking location that Dumbarton have for their stadium !
          Sadly Dumbarton lost the second best named stadium in the country, after Love Street, of course...Boghead! That's a name to die for, I reckon. Never been to St Peter's, ts, but have travelled through Preston Bus station a few times which has a similar look to it...without the buses, that is.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Sadly Dumbarton lost the second best named stadium in the country, after Love Street, of course...Boghead! That's a name to die for, I reckon. Never been to St Peter's, ts, but have travelled through Preston Bus station a few times which has a similar look to it...without the buses, that is.
            It's a great pity that a more imaginative name couldn't have been found when Shrewsbury Town left Gay Meadow for their new home. 'New Meadow' sounds like a safe, unimaginative choice quickly adopted at the end of a long and fractious committee meeting when everybody was anxious to rush through AOB in order to get to the pub before last orders were called.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              It's a great pity that a more imaginative name couldn't have been found when Shrewsbury Town left Gay Meadow for their new home. 'New Meadow' sounds like a safe, unimaginative choice quickly adopted at the end of a long and fractious committee meeting when everybody was anxious to rush through AOB in order to get to the pub before last orders were called.
              Dry Meadow?

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                Dry Meadow?
                Happy Meadow? Jolly Meadow?

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                  Dry Meadow?
                  Rye Meadow?

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                    Maybe just a shrewd choice!

jc - maybe you thought to look at it agrain!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

jc - maybe you thought to look at it agrain!
                      Too corny do you reckon, cloughie?

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Too corny do you reckon, cloughie?
                        a maize ingly!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                          • Jan 2019

Stockport County 1 Woking 1 Emotional day back in the ground, Story of our season though, too many draws, over to your lads Anton to snatch 3rd spot tomorrow
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                            Stockport County 1 Woking 1 Emotional day back in the ground, Story of our season though, too many draws, over to your lads Anton to snatch 3rd spot tomorrow
                            However you look at it you and Anton will be one of a tough 2-7 which is mostly Div 4 Old Boys.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Palace fans are following the Championship playoffs to see which losing manager might end up as Roy's successor.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X