• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Another good win edge.

The top end of the table is making more sense now the catchup has largely taken place - Torquay seem to be coming out too well, let’s hope it is temporary!

We still have to play Torquay and Hartlepool still have to play Sutton.
    I hope we can at least finish 2nd or 3rd and go straight into the play off semis
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

We still have to play Torquay and Hartlepool still have to play Sutton.
      I hope we can at least finish 2nd or 3rd and go straight into the play off semis
      Keep it up, Stockport.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

King's Lynn Town 0 Stockport County 4 Another straightforward 3 points, Sutton and Torquay both won so it's as you were (4th), we do now have the best goal difference in the division so that might come into play
        Excellent Rob

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Since lockdown - as a Liverpool supporter - I have found myself listening very regularly to BBC Radio 5 Live, and a number of their nightly forensic and demonstrative analyses of games, players, situations, techniques, tactics etc.

Fascinating, yes, BUT..................

Cricket is, however, more truly my game, and yet, on BBC Radio there is simply NO programme anywhre approaching the seriousness of the Radio 5 Live footie stuff, or one that regularly talks in such detail clear-sighted, forensic ways about cricket,which for me - at least - as a game is an infinitely more fascinating, diverse and complex an issue than footie - much as I love the passion of the latter.

Instead, we get TMS.

TMS seems to have become merely a 'show', cabaret, a place for various 'presenters - notably ex-players - to rehearse jokes, make fun, say not much but make it 'witty',offer personal stories.............OR - which gags me off - relentless stats. I admire Simon Mann a lot - doing a fine central job - BUT all, including Atherton, Vaughan - on their day terrific - are constantly shadwed by - ahem - Phil Tufnell, clearly seen as by himself - but deffo not in any way by me - as the replacement for Brian Johnston.

NOW. contrast that with the daily often brilliant streamed county crcket commentataries in the BBC summer schedules: amazing! Every county match online. Full of detailed assessment of what is going on on the pitch like NOW, assessing tactics, likely outcomes - yes, yes, yes, stats too, but observant, concentrated, interwoven in so much ore locally known and used contextual stuff.

IMO, cricket is being badly served by the BBC as a national, global, high-skill athletic activity. County stuff is covered v.well - many thanks and congrats to BBC - as said above.
          BUT the showpiece of Test Cricket is IMO being belittled and in a way trashed by third rate, un-selfcritical, and badly thought through production decisions about how to deliver it.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Looking at the BBC Sport Football webpage, it seems that Chelsea and Leicester are going to have a very busy afternoon on 15th May. They're down to play their penultimate Premier League match at Stamford Bridge, beginning at 3.00 p.m., presumably finishing by 4.55. Then they'll be swiftly flown in large helicopters to Wembley, in order to play each other again in the FA Cup Final, at 5.15 p.m.

I know squad rotation is commonplace, but...

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              Looking at the BBC Sport Football webpage, it seems that Chelsea and Leicester are going to have a very busy afternoon on 15th May. They're down to play their penultimate Premier League match at Stamford Bridge, beginning at 3.00 p.m., presumably finishing by 4.55. Then they'll be swiftly flown in large helicopters to Wembley, in order to play each other again in the FA Cup Final, at 5.15 p.m.

I know squad rotation is commonplace, but...
              Commonplace for top jockeys .......
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Commonplace for top jockeys .......
                Yes, but not for the horses.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Scratching out points in adversity isn’t exactly our speciality , so that was a terrific effort against an excellent team.

Quite what the point of VAR is now must remain a mystery. A quite clearly wrong red card decision not overturned. Just a waste of the costs incurred in running the VAR system. Sad to see .
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Scratching out points in adversity isn’t exactly our speciality , so that was a terrific effort against an excellent team.

Quite what the point of VAR is now must remain a mystery. A quite clearly wrong red card decision not overturned. Just a waste of the costs incurred in running the VAR system. Sad to see .
                    Good points Sainty, a very poor red card decision and the match lost a dimension thereafter.

Foxes certainly didn’t deserve to win and well played Saints.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Meanwhile, some lunatic who certainly doesn't have our interests at heart wants this to be the future of football and other live events.

Sports fans could be banned from drinking and encouraged to stamp and clap instead of cheering under plans to make mass events safe for the summer.As British cities prepare to host football’s European Championships, tests are under way to discover whether it is better for social distancing to ban al

Appalling.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                        • Jan 2019

Halifax Town 0 Stockport County 1 Hard fought this win, moved up to 3rd for about 45 minutes, no stopping the top 4
                        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Halifax Town 0 Stockport County 1 Hard fought this win, moved up to 3rd for about 45 minutes, no stopping the top 4
                          Indeed Rob
                          Hangers 3 Chesterfield 1

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

The Rotherham equaliser could be a very significant goal. The Owls can only hope they go into the last day with something to play for. All eyes on Kenilworth Road next....

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

The Rotherham equaliser could be a very significant goal. The Owls can only hope they go into the last day with something to play for. All eyes on Kenilworth Road next....
                              I’m amazed we are still in there hanging on by a thread.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                I’m amazed we are still in there hanging on by a thread.
                                Fingers crossed Cloughie.

Comment

Working...
                                X