....Huzzaaaaaa
    bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
      Moaning Maureen sacked!

Mario
      He appeared a mismatch from the start. What gets me is with his recent record why on earth did they employ him in the first place when they already had an excellent manager who deserved longer! It will no doubt cost a fortune in redundancy fees and replacement.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

So seriously guys, I need a new team to support.

(Heresy coming up…) It could’ve been Liverpool, but no more. Heretics!

Lived in London for some 34 years, so maybe when in Bayswater W. London, close to Chelsea? Nope! Heretics!

Next was Kingston-upon-Thames, so maybe Kingstonians – a real possibility! Need to investigate further.

A premiership team? Fulham in W London – but, Sheikh al-Fayed, and THAT Jackson statue? And soon to be relegated?

Aberdeen because of dear, dear Fergie? Possibly, but an English team please!

Who else? Help!

Mario
        When I moved down here in 2014, I mentioned Chelsea, and was quickly hushed up: "Crystal Palace are really big around here!" Seriously though, soccer football has been enmeshed in the worst aspects of capitalism for so long this was bound to happen. I'm just glad footie has never been of much interest since the days when Dad would take my by the hand down to the Stamford Bridge ground on the few days when every street within a mile was crammed with parked cars and we would stand among the gaberdeen mackintoshed, trilby-hatted men, cheering largely for a team made up of local boys. I actually slammed Dad when he transferred allegiance to Hammers when we moved out to Essex, late 50s. Then the salaries went astronomic, the grab for the best players from wherever took over, as for a sadly predictable time racists and fascists did the supporters, and from there the creation of the Premier Division was but a logical step to where we now are. But I feel for so many for whom football is a mainstay, the way surviving trees and life species more widely are for me: this will be a devastating blow, and from the immediate reaction we see it already is.

Comment

• Mario
          • Aug 2020

Jeez, I feel sick in the pit of my stomach, and I’ve got a very nasty taste in my mouth.

How to correct it?

I know! Some good music!

But what?

Obviously..

The very greatest piece of music ever written by the very greatest composer ever, performed by the very greatest conductor.

Beethoven / Missa Solemnis / Toscanini.

Here I come!

Mario

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

So seriously guys, I need a new team to support.

(Heresy coming up…) It could’ve been Liverpool, but no more. Heretics!

Lived in London for some 34 years, so maybe when in Bayswater W. London, close to Chelsea? Nope! Heretics!

Next was Kingston-upon-Thames, so maybe Kingstonians – a real possibility! Need to investigate further.

A premiership team? Fulham in W London – but, Sheikh al-Fayed, and THAT Jackson statue? And soon to be relegated?

Aberdeen because of dear, dear Fergie? Possibly, but an English team please!

Who else? Help!

Mario
            Salford City?

Regarding the proposed European Super League, I believe that in those countries where ownership rules are less lax than in the UK clubs wouldn't be allowed to join. The extent to which ownership of English clubs has passed to foreign financial institutions or individual investors probably explains their preponderance in the proposed line-up.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

....we have to see if FIFA stand firm ....that is the deal breakers for sure....at moment they are very much against....
              bong ching

Comment

• Mario
                • Aug 2020

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                Salford City?
                LMcD, you are a genius sir! But of course! Talk about the answer staring me in the face! Loved Neville's passionate rant yesterday. He deserves my support.

Thank you LMcD,

Mario

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Hartlepool or Stockport - they’re the future!
                  The problem is that under this plan, no team will have a future, including the self-appointed “big six”.

Comment

• Mario
                    • Aug 2020

Wouldn’t it be marvellous, wouldn’t it simply be justice, if the big six get sufficient points deducted, as Neville suggested yesterday, such that all six end up at the
                    bottom, and three of them are then relegated?

I’m dreaming of course, as the big six have already put legal action in train to stop precisely this action from happening.

Mario

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

I could only ever be a Liverpool supporter, through everything....

Jurgen, we need to hear from you soon!

All THIS was going on in the background of course (no, I didn't like it, loving the CL as it is & watching every week its on....) ..... can't all the sides involved thrash out a compromise.....?
                      The chairman of the European Club Association, which represents the continent’s leading teams, expects agreement in ‘maybe just a couple of weeks’ on a major upheaval

I'd campaign before I abandoned my beloved club. I could never do that. THIS MEANS (A WHOLE LOT) MORE!
                      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 19-04-21, 13:26.

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post

Jurgen, we need to hear from you soon!

All THIS was going on in the background of course (no, I didn't like it, loving the CL as it is & watching every week its on....) ..... can't all the sides involved thrash out a compromise.....?
                        The chairman of the European Club Association, which represents the continent’s leading teams, expects agreement in ‘maybe just a couple of weeks’ on a major upheaval

I'd campaign before I abandoned my beloved club. I could never do that. THIS MEANS (A WHOLE LOT) MORE!
                        Unfortunately, a number of football clubs - particularly in the higher leagues - aren't really 'clubs' any more, are they - they've become commodities that can be bought and sold in the same way as toothpaste, toilet rolls, trainers and tirimasu. The days when the views of genuine fans counted are sadly past, or soon will be.
                        It's been reported that top officials at certain English clubs have been resigning from their posts within UEFA and FIFA - presumably they've got a pretty good idea of what's happening and how to maximize their benefit from it.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Way to kill this thing dead?

Sky and BT (and Amazon) to say - we'd never show such an adulteration......

That oughtta do it...... you gave us a lot, and we paid you for it so...we're waiting, big hitters....!
                          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 19-04-21, 13:59.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Way to kill this thing dead?

Sky and BT (and Amazon) to say - we'd never show such an adulteration......

That oughtta do it...... you gave us a lot, and we paid you for it so...we're waiting, big hitters....!
                            I wonder!

Comment

• Mario
                              • Aug 2020

Jayne, please don't do this to me!

I haven't betrayed Manchester United. Manchester United have betrayed me, a loyal fan.

I have no compunction whatsoever. Manchester United 2021 is not the Manchester United it was in 1966 when I first started supporting them.

As a Libran, I try to be fair. I saw it reported somewhere this morning that Jurgen Klopp is seeking talks with LFC.

If true, not only is this wonderful, but you will have a new and true supporter of LFC.

But actions do speak louder than words.

Let's see...

Mario

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Kane, Salah etc etc forbidden from playing for their own nations under this diktat?
                                Blimey! Anticipate the talk among players / agents etc??
                                And then flight to get out before the axe falls?

Comment

Working...
                                X