Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Another goalless draw for the Tractor Boys, with captain Chambers left on the bench. We may end up averaging less than a goal a match.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      Another goalless draw for the Tractor Boys, with captain Chambers left on the bench. We may end up averaging less than a goal a match.
      At least your draw wasn’t achieved from the jaws of victory - we went ahead after 4 minutes, the visitors were reduced to 10 men after 21 minutes, we missed a penalty and then conceded on 87 minutes. The league one trapdoor stays open like the jaws of Satan pulling us towards it. Your six points guaranteed next season.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        At least your draw wasn’t achieved from the jaws of victory - we went ahead after 4 minutes, the visitors were reduced to 10 men after 21 minutes, we missed a penalty and then conceded on 87 minutes. The league one trapdoor stays open like the jaws of Satan pulling us towards it. Your six points guaranteed next season.
        All contributions - even those in advance - gratefully received! It looks as though the Steel City is going to suffer a double disaster - bad news for Messrs Hattersley and Bean.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Wealdstone 2 late goals Hangers SEVEN !!!!!

Toon 3 West Ham 2 ..... Joe Linton the Fox In The Box !!!!!!

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Wealdstone 2 late goals Hangers SEVEN !!!!!

Toon 3 West Ham 2 ..... Joe Linton the Fox In The Box !!!!!!
            That last day do or die game looking more like a stroll to the beach for the geordies.

I wonder when Hartlepools last scored 7 ( seven) away from home ?.........
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Spectacular win that Anton

Stockport County 2 Maidenhead United 2 Too many draws have probably cost us any chance of the title, I see Sutton are back to winning ways today
              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                That last day do or die game looking more like a stroll to the beach for the geordies.

I wonder when Hartlepools last scored 7 ( seven) away from home ?.........
                I can’t ever remember it ts

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                  I can’t ever remember it ts
                  Cue theme tune of a certain Steve McQueen movie(with Yul Brynner in it, too)

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Didn’t see the first semi, but it sounds as though Chelsea were excellent.
                    Nonetheless, Saints and Leicester fans likely mostly happy to take their chances against them rather than face the sky blue team.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                      Spectacular win that Anton

Stockport County 2 Maidenhead United 2 Too many draws have probably cost us any chance of the title, I see Sutton are back to winning ways today
                      Your neighbours in Altrincham did neither you nor anton any favours.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Nonetheless, Saints and Leicester fans likely mostly happy to take their chances against them rather than face the sky blue team.
                        I like the southern saints of Southampton; but I also like the Foxes from Leicester - but which is best? Only one way to find out! FIGHT!
                        Last edited by johncorrigan; 18-04-21, 10:55. Reason: with a nod to Mr H Hill!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          I like the southern saints of Southampton; but I also like the Foxes from Leicester - but which is best? Only one way to find out! FIGHT!
                          May be a Hill too far for us.......

Figers crossed for a good showing, and a bit more fight than we showed at England’s highest league ground recently.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Good luck Saint & Alison!

just hoping for a thriller here......

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

No thriller yet Jayne. Both sides will think they can improve.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Pretty poor effort from Saints, almost nothing in attack and the inevitable shambles at the back to lose the game. Decent move that did win it, but the Foxes had a stroll in the park really.

A game fitting for the soulless occasion.
                                Hope you win the final Alison.

Comment

Working...
                                X