X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
    Sutton United 1 Stockport County 1 We rescued a point in the 96th minute, probably fortunate to get the draw as Sutton were the better side, hopefully they will now do a Torquay and start to slide down the table

Well done Hangers, Owls and Saints, bad luck St Mirren
    Love a last minute equalizer.
    A mixed bag for the forum today. Bad luck JC, that is a sickener. However, the Buddies have come a long way in a short time, hopefully better to come still.

Great result for the Owls at Oakwell, the only league ground from which I have been able to see my parked car from my seat .

As for my lot......well a comfortable win despite VAR can do us no harm, but the line up in the semis is going to be formidable. Still, you never know......
    Last edited by teamsaint; 20-03-21, 23:15.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Very sad to read about the passing of Peter Lorimer, another of that wonderful Leeds team to leave us too young. What fantastic goals he gave us to enjoy, and a huge number of them, for a winger .
      In some ways, that Leeds team is still my ideal of a football team, in terms of the range of talents assembled, the work ethic, and sheer will to win. They must have been horrible to play against, and they could be sublime to watch. Knew how to look after themselves too !!

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Peter Lorimer...RIP......A wonderful long-range marksman wasn't he? Part of that great Leeds-Liverpool Revie-Shankly rivalry.... (but most of those games ended 1-0 or 0-0 with very scrappy goals...)

Well done in the FA Cup teams. Keeps the season alive....! Some stylish strikes in that one weren't there?

All I felt approaching the CL draw was: "anyone but Bayern". At least that came true - we can't meet them till the final now, in the unlikely event of getting that far. Fabinho and Jota are doing well for us, but most of our more crucial injuries (including Hendo) won't be back by the quarters....
        Very piquant potential playing Real.... Ramos and Salah - the rematch. Remember how scandalously Ramos took Salah out of that disastrous Kiev final?
        Still The Unforgiven....

Bayern v PSG... there's one to look forward to...

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

A forum derby for the semi final, at a ( presumably ) empty wemberlee.

Well done the Foxes today, lets hope for a cracking SF. I'll be turning the commentary off to avoid references to a certain home defeat by our opponents, and go for the red button " crowd noise " option.......
          Last edited by teamsaint; 21-03-21, 20:12.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Well done the Foxes today, lets hope for a cracking SF. I'll be turning the commentary off to avoid references to a certain home defeat by our opponents, and go for the red button " crowd noise " option.......
            Looking forward to the Alits semi!

Well done both!

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              Peter Lorimer...RIP......A wonderful long-range marksman wasn't he? Part of that great Leeds-Liverpool Revie-Shankly rivalry.... (but most of those games ended 1-0 or 0-0 with very scrappy goals...)
              I only once saw that fantastic Leeds team. Selhurst Park 1971. A superb Lorimer volley opened the scoring. Even found it on YouTube. It's a brief clip from a Leeds site which fails to include Palace's 90th minute equaliser. I dug out the programme out of curiosity. No famous names on the Palace sheet. So a great draw for the Eagles.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                • Jan 2019

Yep, well done Leicester.
                Newcastle's plight is a bit worrying.
                “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                  Yep, well done Leicester.
                  Newcastle's plight is a bit worrying.
                  Indeed Rob

Brighton 3 Toon 0

My son, who can still watch, says it was the worst ever ..... traditionally is this not sack your manager week .... ???

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Sets up a wholly delightful semi final and at least one of our teams will be in the final.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Sets up a wholly delightful semi final and at least one of our teams will be in the final.
                      Saints and Foxes well deserved their semi-final berths, Alison.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Indeed Rob

Brighton 3 Toon 0

My son, who can still watch, says it was the worst ever ..... traditionally is this not sack your manager week .... ???
                        Toon Poised to snatch a win from somewhere I reckon.

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Saints and Foxes well deserved their semi-final berths, Alison.
                          Thanks John.

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Esp Foxes.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                              I only once saw that fantastic Leeds team. Selhurst Park 1971. A superb Lorimer volley opened the scoring. Even found it on YouTube. It's a brief clip from a Leeds site which fails to include Palace's 90th minute equaliser. I dug out the programme out of curiosity. No famous names on the Palace sheet. So a great draw for the Eagles.
                              I was at the FA Cup semi in 1972, another Lorimer goal there. Every time they reshow the game I try to spot the little blond kid sitting on the cinder track behind the goal Leeds were attacking in the first half. That was me.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                                I was at the FA Cup semi in 1972, another Lorimer goal there. Every time they reshow the game I try to spot the little blond kid sitting on the cinder track behind the goal Leeds were attacking in the first half. That was me.
                                Whenever Lorimer got the ball outside the box there was always that intake of breath as you waited for the hot shot. Such an amazing striker of the ball - not sure you get players these days who are known for the power of the shot in the way that Lorimer was - perhaps the change in the ball makes it more difficult for players now. Great player, at a time when Scotland produced a wealth of great players.

Comment

Working...
                                X