Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Toon 1 Palace 2 ...... not a great deal of pace gathered by the revival .......

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Toon 1 Palace 2 ...... not a great deal of pace gathered by the revival .......
      And yet it was as if Kevin Keegan was back in charge early stage of the match!

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Well done gurnemanz; otherwise tough evening for forumistas.

Feeling quite nervous about the Foxes trip to the Cottage tonight.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Well done gurnemanz; otherwise tough evening for forumistas.

Feeling quite nervous about the Foxes trip to the Cottage tonight.
          With one notable exception Alison #4938. It appears the boys put in a good shift - I think having a coaching team that knows and trusts the players seems to deliver. Let’s hope it lasts.

I see we’ve triggered the sacking of Tindall! Wonder if steady Eddie Howe will be back!
          Last edited by cloughie; 03-02-21, 10:21.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            And yet it was as if Kevin Keegan was back in charge early stage of the match!
            If only .......

Comment

• Mario
              • Aug 2020

Just wanted to write in to say that I really like the idea of Fred being left-back…

Left back in the dressing room.

Man Utd fan, Football 365 forum

Completely agree!

Mario

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
                Just wanted to write in to say that I really like the idea of Fred being left-back…

Left back in the dressing room.

Man Utd fan, Football 365 forum

Completely agree!

Mario
                When I played for the school team in primary, Mario, my Dad used to ask what position I was playing, to which I would reply: 'Left back!' 'Left Back when the team's travelling', he would say...and how we all laughed!

Comment

• Mario
                  • Aug 2020

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  When I played for the school team in primary, Mario, my Dad used to ask what position I was playing, to which I would reply: 'Left back!' 'Left Back when the team's travelling', he would say...and how we all laughed!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

....it was that most marvellous referee Mike bloody Dean....

....I don;t read this newspaper....can someone tell what they are saying...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-matches.html....psst i did really read it....
                    bong ching

Comment

• Mario
                      • Aug 2020

You know, there really is honour and respect among opposing fans.

Most of the Man Utd posts I’m reading this morning think, like me, that Martial is a cheat, that he’s only there because Joel Glaser loves him, Southampton were hard done by, and the VAR decisions were a travesty of justice.

The only positive is that it’s done our Goal Difference a lot of good.

Mario

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        With one notable exception Alison #4938. It appears the boys put in a good shift - I think having a coaching team that knows and trusts the players seems to deliver. Let’s hope it lasts.

I see we’ve triggered the sacking of Tindall! Wonder if steady Eddie Howe will be back!
                        See Eddie on MotD2 last Sunday? Very good analyst isn't he? Talking about the danger of counter-attack (very current tactic now!) after you get a corner, and how he would always leave "2 on the edge" i.e. nearer half way, when playing the top teams. And how if the counter-attack goes beyond 4 passes, the chances of scoring diminish.
                        "Future England coach", I mused....

(PS - hope some of you looked at that Klopp/Milner thing I linked above - lovely, & all that's best about being a true team...)
                        SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/SSFootballSubPREMIER LEAGUE HIGHLIGHTS ► http://bit.ly/SkySportsPLHighlights2021James Milner didn't look happy about being substitu...

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
                          You know, there really is honour and respect among opposing fans.

Most of the Man Utd posts I’m reading this morning think, like me, that Martial is a cheat, that he’s only there because Joel Glaser loves him, Southampton were hard done by, and the VAR decisions were a travesty of justice.

The only positive is that it’s done our Goal Difference a lot of good.

Mario
                          And the red card has cost us one of our 2 senior centre halves for Saturday, when we are already short of so many first teamers.
                          I don't want to call Martial a cheat, but we have been thoroughly done over by VAR and officials in the last two games. We can all take a bad decision ( after a bit of a grumble) but the penalty decisions and offsides in the last two games, as well as Bednarek's red card fall, inexcusably, well beneath an acceptable level of competence. They cost us points against Villa, and they damaged us last night.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

MotD reported that Bednarek had said in the tunnel as he went off that Martial had admitted it wasn't a foul. The pundits thought Martial looked as if he was expecting yellow for going down too easily.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                              MotD reported that Bednarek had said in the tunnel as he went off that Martial had admitted it wasn't a foul. The pundits thought Martial looked as if he was expecting yellow for going down too easily.
                              ....Martial came to manU about the same time as Memphis Depay and I guess it was a toss up fairly quickly which to pass on first LvanG saddling us with 2 duds....neither has ever had decent strike rates....neither ever scored 20g in Leagues....of course he is miserable - looks miserible - he knows he is a flop....he knows he has to resort to shenanikins like this to stay in the team....I'm sure he is a lovely lad BUT this is football at highest level not a kick around in park....both very expensive teenagers should have been given loans in Championship/EFL.....but no , on LvanG's scouting (I believe) they went straight into PL to justify the price....blood boils....but as i say - this antics he has come to justify a place....

....4 goals for 18 PL appearences this season....a benefit if you can call it that is that he doesn't get injured much thgus is mostly available....no way for top club to be run....
                              bong ching

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

I'm not sure what's happening to Liverpool. Their confidence seems to have evaporated. If they lose to Man City on Sunday, that would dent their hopes, perhaps irretrievably.

Comment

Working...
                                X