X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Leinster Lass View Post
    The Highland League has been suspended for 3 weeks with Fort William unusually well placed in the table (14th!). I wonder when, or if, English 'elite' soccer will come to its senses and follow suit.
    I certainly hope they carry on playing.

They aren't putting a strain on the NHS. In fact the mental health of a good proportion of a good chunk of the population might deteriorate without the football circus, so there is a good argument that football is in fact " protecting the National Health/ Covid Service."
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      I certainly hope they carry on playing.

They aren't putting a strain on the NHS. In fact the mental health of a good proportion of a good chunk of the population might deteriorate without the football circus, so there is a good argument that football is in fact " protecting the National Health/ Covid Service."
      Generally agree with that, ts. Bread and circuses you said somewhere and there's certainly a few clowns around. Talking of which, Celtic are in big trouble with wee Nicola after an 'Ill-advised' training trip to Dubal in the middle of a pandemic, which leaves 13 isolating, including the manager. One of the guys who tested positive was injured following an altercation with a goal post just before New Year, so questions are being asked about why he was there in the first place. There have been admissions of 'minor slips in Covid 19 protocols' by Celtic's management team. The First Minister is fizzin'! Wonder if they'll get fined any points?

In the meantime, to more serious matters, good luck to Stockport this evening...I see Moyes says he's putting out a full team...the Special One got a lot of brownie points in my book this weekend for the way he handled the trip to Marine...good on him.

Comment

• Edgy 2
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        Generally agree with that, ts. Bread and circuses you said somewhere and there's certainly a few clowns around. Talking of which, Celtic are in big trouble with wee Nicola after an 'Ill-advised' training trip to Dubal in the middle of a pandemic, which leaves 13 isolating, including the manager. One of the guys who tested positive was injured following an altercation with a goal post just before New Year, so questions are being asked about why he was there in the first place. There have been admissions of 'minor slips in Covid 19 protocols' by Celtic's management team. The First Minister is fizzin'! Wonder if they'll get fined any points?

In the meantime, to more serious matters, good luck to Stockport this evening...I see Moyes says he's putting out a full team...the Special One got a lot of brownie points in my book this weekend for the way he handled the trip to Marine...good on him.
        Thanks John, I just hope we put on a good show and hopefully don't concede an embarrassing amount of goals
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
          Thanks John, I just hope we put on a good show and hopefully don't concede an embarrassing amount of goals
          Hope your guys score an embarrassing amount of goals, Rob.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Yep, more than one conceded to WHU and you should definitely be embarrassed.

Good luck. I’ll be tuning in.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Edgy 2
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Yep, more than one conceded to WHU and you should definitely be embarrassed.

Good luck. I’ll be tuning in.
              Thanks ts

Comment

• Leinster Lass
                Banned
                • Oct 2020

I don't see how dressing-room celebrations - which TV producers seem to find irresistible and are shown on main news bulletins - are going to encourage people to follow the rules. I gather from the BBC News website that patience is wearing thin with 'elite' players.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....good luck Stockport....
                  bong ching

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                    ....good luck Stockport....
                    Thanks 8th

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Animo et Fide, Blue Army....!

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Leinster Lass View Post
                        I don't see how dressing-room celebrations - which TV producers seem to find irresistible and are shown on main news bulletins - are going to encourage people to follow the rules. I gather from the BBC News website that patience is wearing thin with 'elite' players.
                        I don't see a great difference between dressing-room and on-pitch celebration. If the former is banned, how can the latter be permitted? That's without considering the lack of masks pitch side that was apparent on the TV. Elite football really needs to have a think if it is going to continue.

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                          • Nov 2010

Apart from that, come on Edgy's lot!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            Animo et Fide, Blue Army....!
                            Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                            Apart from that, come on Edgy's lot!
                            Thanks jayne and EotS

looking no further ahead than Liverpool away in round 5

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks jayne and EotS

looking no further ahead than Liverpool away in round 5
                              That 5th round draw looks like one at 5.15 on a February Saturday in the 1970s - nothing decided yet, replays and postponements galore...
                              (Saints vs Shrews has gone to a fourth replay).

And a three-day week.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
                                That 5th round draw looks like one at 5.15 on a February Saturday in the 1970s - nothing decided yet, replays and postponements galore...
                                (Saints vs Shrews has gone to a fourth replay).

And a three-day week.
                                Weren’t they all on Monday lunchtime? The Saints semi final draw in 76 certainly was, because i remember listening on my radio in the school library.....

Just seen that tonights game is on BT Sport......

A tough looking route to the QF for us .

Comment

Working...
                                X