• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Crystal Palace 0 Toon 2

You will now have to pay £63m for Joe Linton ........
    Nicked right at the end. Palace should probably have won. Like last time, Beneteke can't put it away.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

What kind of crass stupid penalty decision was that? Aren't defenders allowed to defend anymore?
      Welbeck went down very late, and very suspiciously - look at his glance back as he dived! Dead giveaway.
      Why didn't the ref see that, even with a screen to help?

Fascinating to see what the MotD team say later....

And Milner might be out for a while now....
      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 28-11-20, 19:30.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
        What kind of crass stupid penalty decision was that? Aren't defenders allowed to defend anymore?
        .....what the hell are they doing playing again ealy afternoon Saturday???????????????????????....ridiculous
        bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
          Nicked right at the end. Palace should probably have won. Like last time, Beneteke can't put it away.
          ....has to be the greatest disappointment EVER....considering how unplayable he was at Aston Villa (for about 1 season before getting injured....did the physios do something to his feet and neck to skew his eye/limb alignment....)
          bong ching

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Jurgen KLopp very fired up! Rarely seen him so upset, and no wonder....so am I and everyone here!
            Need the walk to calm down. The dark, dark sky matches the mood....

Now for Ajax on Tuesday! Phew.... all about who is fit to play from now on....

See what you all think of the pen on MotD....

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Jurgen KLopp very fired up! Rarely seen him so upset, and no wonder....so am I and everyone here!
              Need the walk to calm down. The dark, dark sky matches the mood....

Comment

• Bert
                Banned
                • Apr 2020

a rest now will bring back the missing vim for the next fixture

btw, never a pen

Comment

• Edgy 2
                  • Jan 2019

Welbeck went down very late, and very suspiciously - look at his glance back as he dived! Dead giveaway.

And Milner might be out for a while now....
                  Not a pen IMO but I thought Brighton were well worth their point.
                  I chuckled at Klopp blaming the BT reporter for choosing the 12:30 slot thereby causing Milner's injury,he did seem to back down in a later interview.
                  Big FA Cup tie for Stockport tomorrow,a place in the draw with the big boys at stake
                  “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Another win for the Buddies, 2-1 against Aberdeen with a nice wee late winner...that's us in the quarters...hope for a decent draw. Big Jim's peg much less shoogly on the peg this week than it was last Saturday morning.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

[QUOTE=jayne lee wilson;817511]What kind of crass stupid penalty decision was that? Aren't defenders allowed to defend anymore?

On your side, JLW. Both in desperation went for same ball and got tangled - where's the pen in that?

Gobsmacked.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2011

[QUOTE=DracoM;817611]

On your side, JLW. Both in desperation went for same ball and got tangled - where's the pen in that?

Gobsmacked.
                        Absolutely. Both players went for a loose ball, Robertson's foot met Welbeck's, Hendo cleared, Welbeck having felt no disadvantage threw himself over to get the ref's attention (this latter fact unmentioned in any commentary, all obsessed with the contact and VAR - but it was a human subjective decision)..

It is a foul to kick an opponent. But its also time for the VAR Refs to remember intention, "benefit of the doubt" and "balance of advantage"...

Sorry to go on but this one really hurt....

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

AND, givne Salah given offside by half a toenail......................? I mean are they actually trying to bring VAR into total disrepute or is it music hall mockery?
                          AND how the heck Pickford got [AFAICR] neither card, nor penalty in the infamous match v Everton, and damaged Van Dijk to the point of exclusion and misery for MONTHS....just beats me too.

That too on VAR, yes, but as the result..............? Nowt.

Bah.

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Beaten in the end by the better team today, though still disappointed. A point would have been nice.
                            Again below our best today, probably in part due to the absence of Ings and Redmond.
                            Uniteds attack against our defence is only likely to end one way.
                            Good game I suppose.......mumble grumble........
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Mario
                              • Aug 2020

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              Beaten in the end by the better team today, though still disappointed. A point would have been nice.
                              Again below our best today, probably in part due to the absence of Ings and Redmond.
                              Uniteds attack against our defence is only likely to end one way.
                              Good game I suppose.......mumble grumble........
                              I don’t know what to say ts. If I said I’m sorry I’d be lying, wouldn’t I?

Not sure that I agree that you were “beaten in the end by the better team today”, as I thought the way you turned the game on its head after the first 15 minutes or so, was amazing.

Not saying this to make you feel better, but if you were to bet me a pint that we’ll finish higher than you, then I tell you honestly, I’m not sure I would accept.

You may have been beaten by the better team, but good grief do you have the better manager!

Best wishes,

Mario

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Nice one edge - get ready for the big boys - big M maybe Marine?

Comment

Working...
                                X