X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mario
    • Aug 2020

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Why is that what applies to general population does not apply to football? I see that Mane played on Monday night has tested positive for Covid is now self-isolating. Why have not the players who he came into physical contact with on the field with him not had to to do likkewise? Does track and trace not apply?
    Good point Cloughie! If anyone infects a loved one through disregard of self-isolating, their close relatives are not going to be best pleased!

Without wishing to introduce politics into the beautiful game, I have to say that I’m impressed with the quick action of both Ian Blackford and Nicola Sturgeon regarding the “errant” MP.

Mario

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Auferstehen View Post
      Good point Cloughie! If anyone infects a loved one through disregard of self-isolating, their close relatives are not going to be best pleased!

Without wishing to introduce politics into the beautiful game, I have to say that I’m impressed with the quick action of both Ian Blackford and Nicola Sturgeon regarding the “errant” MP.

Mario
      There's been more than one instance of arrogant, overpaid 'soccer stars' acting in a way that shows that they believe that the rules don't apply to them. Clearly, they - together with some politicians and their buddies - are the true 'special ones', and the sooner us plebs reconcile ourselves to that the better.

Comment

• Mario
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        There's been more than one instance of arrogant, overpaid 'soccer stars' acting in a way that shows that they believe that the rules don't apply to them. Clearly, they - together with some politicians and their buddies - are the true 'special ones', and the sooner us plebs reconcile ourselves to that the better.
        Sorry LMcD, but I don’t agree with this sentiment.

Taking care not to highjack this thread away from football, why should we “plebs reconcile ourselves…”?

Boot ’em out is wot I say! (See what I did there?)

Anyway, Everton looking quite impressive, and can’t wait for revenge on Moaning Maureen tomorrow!

Mario

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Sorry LMcD, but I don’t agree with this sentiment.

Taking care not to highjack this thread away from football, why should we “plebs reconcile ourselves…”?

Boot ’em out is wot I say! (See what I did there?)

Anyway, Everton looking quite impressive, and can’t wait for revenge on Moaning Maureen tomorrow!

Mario
          Meant to be ironic - sorry!

Comment

• Mario
            • Aug 2020

Meant to be ironic - sorry!
            Ah! Missed the irony (too deep for me).

Mario

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Ah! Missed the irony (too deep for me).

Mario
              I actually believe that those who claim to speak for us and act on our behalf, and those who are paid vast sums to provide us with entertainment, should be expected to meet more demanding criteria than the rest of us. I don't know which of those who believe the rules don't apply to them or that they can get away with it are just plain arrogant and just don't care and which are just plain stupid and just don't get it.

Comment

• Mario
                • Aug 2020

I actually believe that those who claim to speak for us and act on our behalf, and those who are paid vast sums to provide us with entertainment, should be expected to meet more demanding criteria than the rest of us. I don't know which of those who believe the rules don't apply to them or that they can get away with it are just plain arrogant and just don't care and which are just plain stupid and just don't get it.

Mario

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Like Johnson Sr who having been out of the country did not know that masks were needed. Whatever happened to ‘ignorance is no defence...’. Was he fined, was he heckerslike!

Comment

• Mario
                    • Aug 2020

Seagulls' sizzler - 4-2!

Mario

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Like Johnson Sr who having been out of the country did not know that masks were needed. Whatever happened to ‘ignorance is no defence...’. Was he fined, was he heckerslike!
                      I think somebody - not sure who - must have thrown a protective ring round Boris's family and advisors.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

I think somebody - not sure who - must have thrown a protective ring round Boris's family and advisors.
                        ....quoits......................yes quite........running rings around a knob....
                        bong ching

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Hangers 2 Aldershot 1 ......... Champions elect .........

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Hangers 2 Aldershot 1 ......... Champions elect .........
                            Can there be any doubt?

Comment

• Edgy 2
                              • Jan 2019

Well I didn't expect the season in which we get back into the football League to start with a 1-0 defeat at Torquay
                              Surely with Wayne Rooney's brother playing for us we'll walk this league.
                              “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                                Well I didn't expect the season in which we get back into the football League to start with a 1-0 defeat at Torquay
                                Surely with Wayne Rooney's brother playing for us we'll walk this league.
                                Minor setback, edge - Hangers and County top two - believe ! Meanwhile our lot revert to 96th minute giveaways!

Comment

Working...
                                X