X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Apparently the token fans at Ross County weren’t even allowed to leave early when they were five down.

We didnae have any goalies today - two down with the virus and the other self isolating...had to get a late loan from Hearts. Pumped!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Well that’s three points off our deficit and a rare goal from Jordan - 45 more matches and approx 60 points needed for safety - but a good start!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Sounds like all is not well at SMS. Another abject display, and apparently a very strange post match interview from Ralf, complaining that the players arent fit.
        Well whose fault is that ?

Oh yes, and we only have two first team central midfielders, which needs sorting out fast.

Sigh..............
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Sounds like all is not well at SMS. Another abject display, and apparently a very strange post match interview from Ralf, complaining that the players arent fit.
          Well whose fault is that ?

Oh yes, and we only have two first team central midfielders, which needs sorting out fast.

Sigh..............
          Must be in need of another 9-0 wake-up call, ts. 11 changes for the Owls at Rochdale on Tuesday evening and another win. Next round Fulham away, but 3 points from watford on Saturday would be more useful to reduce our deficit further!

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

A follower of Ipswich Town notes: the wheels seem to have already come off the Tractor - or was last night's effort a less-than-subtle hint that the only thing that really matters is promotion back to the Championship? I wonder how many of the 'bigger' teams leave many of their most valuable players on the bench, or out of the squad, for these arguably insignificant competitions.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              A follower of Ipswich Town notes: the wheels seem to have already come off the Tractor - or was last night's effort a less-than-subtle hint that the only thing that really matters is promotion back to the Championship? I wonder how many of the 'bigger' teams leave many of their most valuable players on the bench, or out of the squad, for these arguably insignificant competitions.
              loads of teams leave their best players out for these matches, L. But not the Saints last night.....

Not sure the competition is actually insignificant. I read a while back that the LC is a big money earner for the L1 and 2 clubs. And losing the final a few years ago didn't feel insignificant

However, only one game in town for ITFC this season.......
              Finishing above p*******h .........
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Also you missed out on a home tie with the Owls!

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Great news - Gareth is back in North London! Perhaps, as a sign of solidarity with fellow players, he could use some of his loose change to clear Macclesfield Town's debts?

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Great news - Gareth is back in North London! Perhaps, as a sign of solidarity with fellow players, he could use some of his loose change to clear Macclesfield Town's debts?
                    No doubt standing behind Gary Lineker to Bale them out! I never cease to be amazed by the sloshing coffers of the upper end of the football pyramid!

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      No doubt standing behind Gary Lineker to Bale them out! I never cease to be amazed by the sloshing coffers of the upper end of the football pyramid!
                      I think it's only right that Gareth Bale should earn £600,000 a week while the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom trousers around £150,000 a year, seeing as most Premier League players are, and have been, demonstrably better at their jobs than most occupants of 10 Downing Street.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

I think it's only right that Gareth Bale should earn £600,000 a week while the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom trousers around £150,000 a year, seeing as most Premier League players are, and have been, demonstrably better at their jobs than most occupants of 10 Downing Street.
                        You mean that you’ve not seen any lazy, mercenary, freeloadery in the Prem - not even from players who’ve decided that despite their big wages have decided they can’t be bothered and have engineered being ‘frozen out’ despite their big weekly haul?

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

You mean that you’ve not seen any lazy, mercenary, freeloadery in the Prem - not even from players who’ve decided that despite their big wages have decided they can’t be bothered and have engineered being ‘frozen out’ despite their big weekly haul?
                          Frankly, I'm shocked at your assertions - assertions which might, moreover, offend some followers of some teams in the Beautiful Game's top tier in one of the world's greatest sporting nations. I'll try to be more observant in this field - or should I say pitch? - in future, as I'm always willing to learn.

Question for teamsaint: do your asterisks in #4131 conceal Plymouth (Argyle), Peterborough or Portsmouth?

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Frankly, I'm shocked at your assertions - assertions which might, moreover, offend some followers of some teams in the Beautiful Game's top tier in one of the world's greatest sporting nations. I'll try to be more observant in this field - or should I say pitch? - in future, as I'm always willing to learn.

Question for teamsaint: do your asterisks in #4131 conceal Plymouth (Argyle), Peterborough or Portsmouth?
                            I’ll live with the risk of offence and bearing in mind ts’ top team I don’t think he means the ‘Posh’ or that team which bears the name of a pasty producer not usually the first choice of most Cornish folk!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

I’ll live with the risk of offence and bearing in mind ts’ top team I don’t think he means the ‘Posh’ or that team which bears the name of a pasty producer not usually the first choice of most Cornish folk!
                              Right of course Cloughie.
                              Incidentally, a virtual quiz point for anybody who can name the most one sided derby in English football .....

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

Right of course Cloughie.
                                Incidentally, a virtual quiz point for anybody who can name the most one sided derby in English football .....
                                Does Nottingham Forest's 12-0 win over versus Leicester City (then 'Fosse') in 1909 count as a derby?

Comment

Working...
                                X