X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgy 2
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
    ....I hear Barca are trying to sign Davide Luis....to tighten up their back four....

Love the Champions League me
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Six points from three games and sitting 5th after a 1-0 hammering of Hamilton, at Hamilton. No complaints!

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

A Crystal Palace fan has just made a short film about Palace's exclusion from the UEFA Cup in 1991 despite coming third in the First Division. It followed UEFA's decision to cancel Liverpool's post-Heysel three year ban from Europe after only one year. Mainly, no doubt, one for Eagles fans but may be of interest to others as a textbook illustration of the power of big teams at the expense of "less fashionable" ones.

In 1991, Crystal Palace F.C were denied the opportunity to take part in the UEFA Cup, despite finishing third in England's top division.This is the story of ...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Yes Manu your forward line is very very fast (why do you need Sancho another 'Man of Pace')....and when you get in on goal an advancing crisp packet can stop with ease....

....no names mentioned....pollo sin cabeza....skill levels behind Fernandes - those of a Womble....

....I don't like it,but....Sevilla tactical fouling - a master class....and all 11 on field at end....
          Last edited by eighthobstruction; 17-08-20, 11:12.
          bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            A Crystal Palace fan has just made a short film about Palace's exclusion from the UEFA Cup in 1991 despite coming third in the First Division. It followed UEFA's decision to cancel Liverpool's post-Heysel three year ban from Europe after only one year. Mainly, no doubt, one for Eagles fans but may be of interest to others as a textbook illustration of the power of big teams at the expense of "less fashionable" ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkJkgDxkMs
            Thanks Gurney. I enjoyed that.
            Of course, getting into Europe doesn't always, ( or ever in our case, after around 10 efforts at it ) end well. But to be deprived of your first chance is rough, esp when the defunct DDR had four vacant slots.
            Good to see Geoff Thomas in action, one of those very good players who is mostly remembered by fans of other teams for one piece of poor play. And what a combo Bright and Wright were.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Dodgy sending off for the Buddies and an OG, and they ended up with a draw. Suppose I shouldn't complain, but I might anyway. Seven points from four games...alright, I suppose - fifth! Such mixed emotions!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Dodgy sending off for the Buddies and an OG, and they ended up with a draw. Suppose I shouldn't complain, but I might anyway. Seven points from four games...alright, I suppose - fifth! Such mixed emotions!
                Late Extra: down to sixth after Celtic's late win at Tannadice!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

....early in the season for major league mixed emotions....that comes later when just about short of premier league mixed emotions.....surely at the moment mixed emotion quotient should be hovering mid table for : ....all things shall pass....even if mid field cannot adequately.....
                  bong ching

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Yesterday morning, I tried to explain to a friend - one whose opinions I greatly respect- why I thought it was still worth watching at least one BBC News bulletin every day. Following their decision to make an interview with a grossly overpaid semi-articulate soccer player the lead item in their main news bulletin last night, I shan't bother trying to defend them next time we meet.
                    Last edited by LMcD; 28-08-20, 21:57.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Well that's about as jammy a win as the Scots will ever get. The Czechs got themselves into a bit of corona problems and had to field a team composed of players only two of whom had any international experience...that's exactly the kind of opponents who are likely to stuff the Scotland National outfit. But not tonight...sneaked past them 1-2 to top the group. Blinkin' Jammy!...but in a nice way!

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Well that's about as jammy a win as the Scots will ever get. The Czechs got themselves into a bit of corona problems and had to field a team composed of players only two of whom had any international experience...that's exactly the kind of opponents who are likely to stuff the Scotland National outfit. But not tonight...sneaked past them 1-2 to top the group. Blinkin' Jammy!...but in a nice way!
                        Jammy dodgers, the lot of them!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

No Grealish for England tonight. Very disappointing.

Southgate must just be a more astute judge than almost everybody else.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Edgy 2
                            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            No Grealish for England tonight. Very disappointing.

Southgate must just be a more astute judge than almost everybody else.
                            Crying out for him this game

zzzzzzzzzz
                            “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                              Crying out for him this game

zzzzzzzzzz
                              ....really pleased i don't have Sky package...just reading about it was nauseous...
                              bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                                ....really pleased i don't have Sky package...just reading about it was nauseous...
                                The cricket was reasonably entertaining.....and “only” half price for the package if you haggle.

I am contenting myself woth the thought that we have three midfielders better than Grealish.....
                                ( sorry, starting to sound like a stuck heavyweight 180g vinyl edition.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X